question on dhikr

salam alaykum

can we make dhikr while like doing something else like mayb playing pool or football or just mayb baking a cake

:hearts::hearts:

wonnee3

Trying 2 plz ALLAH
As Salaam Alaykum, i thought u could n e where or time as long as wht u r doing is Halal, i tht the only restrictions wr on where u can make salah

The_truth

salam alaykum

can we make dhikr while like doing something else like mayb playing pool or football or just mayb baking a cake

:hearts::hearts:

Asalaamu alaikum wr wb, i hope you are in the best state of health an imaan this Ramadhan.

Allah says in the Qur'an "Remember Allah abundantly, in order that you become successful"
Quran (Surah 8: Verse 45)

"Only in the remembrance of Allah (swt) will your heart find peace"
Quran (Surah 13: Verse 28)

"Those men and women who engage much in Allah's praise. for them Allah has prepared forgiveness and a Great Reward"
Quran (Surah 33: Verse 35)

"When any group of men remember Allah, angels surround them and mercy covers them, tranquility descends upon them, and Allah mentions them to those who are with Him." (Muslim)

We also know that remembering Allah is of the greatest deed:

"The rememebrence of Allah (swt) is the greatest (deed)"
Quran (Surah 29: Verse 45)

and iof the the worst things we can do is not to remember Allah:

"Satan has mastered them and caused them to forget the Remembrance of Allah. Those are satan's party; and satan's party shall assuredly be the losers"
Quran (Surah 58: Verse 19)

"Whosoever turns away from the Remembrance of Allah, He will hurl him into a stern punishment".
Quran (Surah 72: Verse 17)

"Whosoever turns away from My remembrance, his life will be made tight and narrow on the Day of Resurrection We shall raise him blind"
Quran (Surah 20: Verse 124)

Allah tells us to remember him no matter what we do whether that be lying or sitting down:

"They are the most wise who remember Allah, standing sitting and lying down"
Quran (Surah 4: Verse 190)

So yes we should remember him no matter what we are doing and should ALWAYS keep our tongues moist with his rememberance and glorification. However we cannot glorify him in the toilet.

That is why we are recommended to haste in doing whatever we have to do in the toilet so that we can continue to add to our good deed accounts.

The tongue is connected to the heart and we should try not to merely get into the habit of glorifying him with only the tongue but we should try and make connection to the heart whenever we are glorifying and praising him.

All good deeds are not rewarded the same. They are dependant upon how much sincerety and khushoo a person has whilst doing the good action as well as the intention of the good act.

So we should all endevour to try and make a connection from our tongues to our hearts especially in Salah and try not to make our minds wonder elsewhere otherwise it is said that we are robbing our Salah and therefore lessening the reward for it. Same way with zikr we should make a connection with the heart to get the full benefits from zikr aswell as more of a reward from it.

Here are some very beneficial Zikr's that we can all do especially in the remaining days of this Ramadhan and throughout the year everyday and we should try to every minute and second.

Some beneficial dhikr include:

Subhan'Allah- 'Praise be to Allah'
Al-Hamdullilah- 'Thanks be to Allah'
Allahu Akbar'Allah is the Greatest.'
La ila ha illallah- There is no worthy of worship except allah

Abu haraira(ra) Narrates: Prophet(saw) said: whoever says: Subhanallahi Wa Bihamdihi – (I deem Allah free of any resemblances to anything whatever in any repeat, and I glorify his praises) one hundred times a day will have his sins forgiven even though they may be as much as the foam of the sea – (Bukhari,b73:c19)

Another naration says a date palm will be planted for him in Paradise (Tirmidhi)

Read much of this Zikr:

Subhaan-Allahi walhamdu-lillaahi, wa laa ilaa-ha illa-la ill-lal-lahu wallahu Akbar, walaa haula wala quoow-wata illa billa hil-Aliyyil-azeem.

"Glory is for Allaah and all Praise is due to Allah. There is none worthy of worship except Allaah. Allaah is the greatest. There is no power and no strength except with Allaah the Most High, the Great."

Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) said: "Is anyone of you incapable of earning one thousand Hasanah (rewards) a day?" Someone from the gathering asked, "How can anyone of us earn a thousand Hasanah?" Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) said: "Glorify Allah a hundred times by just saying “Subhanallah” and a Good deeds will be written for you, or a thousand sins will be wiped away.”
[Muslim 4:2073]

Hadhrat Abu Dharr [Ra] narrated that Rasulallah [Saw] said: “Should I not tell you of one treasure of the unlimited treasures of Paradise?” I replied spontaneously “Oh Rasulallah (Saw) that would be an honour indeed!” Rasulallah (Saw) said: “That rare treasure is LA HAWLA WA LA QUWWATA ILLA BILLAH.” (“The strength to do good and to refrain from evil comes from the grace and mercy of Allah!”) - (Ibn Majah)

A Phrase that Comes with Rewards in the Millions:

On the authority of Abdullah ibn ‘Umar that the Prophet said,”Whoever enters a market and says:

‘Laa ilaaha ill Allah waHdahu laa shareeka lah, lahul mulku wa lahul Hamdu yuHyi wa yumeetu wa huwa Hayyun laa yamoot, bi yadihil khayr, wahuwa ‘alaa kulli shay’in qadeer’

{There is nothing worthy of worship but Allah, He is alone without partner, to Him belongs the dominion and the praise, he causes life and death and He is the Living One and will never die. In His Hand is all good, and He is over all things capable.}

Allah will write for him a million good deeds, erase a million of his bad deeds and build for him a house in Jannah .”And in another narration, which is also classed as hasan, instead of mentioning that Allah will build a house in Jannah, it states,”and he will be raised one million levels.” {Tirmidhi}.

Also:

Earn OVER One Million good deeds in just 5 minutes this Ramdhan

Its VERY easy to Earn 500 good deeds a day in Ramadhan.

If you were to manage 500 good deeds every day of Ramadan, you would receive (70 times 500 = 35000) multiplied by 30 days..........1,050,000 deeds! One million fifty thousand deeds!

Just say Subhanallah 100 times, Alhamdullilah 100 times, Allahu Akbar 100 times, La ilaha il Allah 100 times and Astaghfar allah 100 times.

Imagine how much we can earn by doing MUCH more than this!

Also:

Heres another BRILLIAAANT one whenever you go the the market. In modern day terms if you ever go to the shops, supermarket, high street or shopping centre or mall:

On the authority of Abdullah ibn ‘Umar that the Prophet said,”Whoever enters a market and says:

‘Laa ilaaha ill Allah waHdahu laa shareeka lah, lahul mulku wa lahul Hamdu yuHyi wa yumeetu wa huwa Hayyun laa yamoot, bi yadihil khayr, wahuwa ‘alaa kulli shay’in qadeer’

There is nothing worthy of worship but Allah, He is alone without partner, to Him belongs the dominion and the praise, he causes life and death and He is the Living One and will never die. In His Hand is all good, and He is over all things capable.}

Allah will write for him a million good deeds, erase a million of his bad deeds and build for him a house in Jannah .”And in another narration, which is also classed as hasan, instead of mentioning that Allah will build a house in Jannah, it states,”and he will be raised one million levels.” {Tirmidhi}.

Abu Sa’id (ra) said that Rasullilah (salalahi alahi wasalam) said, “Whoever says:

Radeetu billahi rabban, wa bil-Islaami deenan, wa bi-Muhammadin rasoolan

Jannah becomes obligatory for him (to enter). [Abu-Dawud]

- Best said in Morning and Evening with "Nabiyan wa rasoolan"

There is not much time left in this blessed month so lets do as much as we can for everu deed is multiplied by SOOOO MUCH!!

The Prophet SallAllaho Alaihi Wa Salam one day said to Ali Radi Allaho Anho: Ya Ali! Do these five things before going to bed at night:

1. Give 4000 Dinaars in Sadaqa and then sleep
2. Read one complete Quran and then sleep
3. Pay the price for Janna'h and then sleep
4.. Make two people happy with each other when they are upset and then sleep
5. Do one hajj and then sleep

Hazrat Ali Radi Allaho Anho said, Ya Rasulallah SallAllaho Alaihi Wa Salam! This looks impossible, how will I be able to do it? Then the prophet Sallalaho Alaihi Wa Salam replied:

4 times reading surah Fatiha is equals to four thousand Dinaars giving in Sadaqa.

3 times reading surah Ikhlas (Qul hu Allahu Ahad) is equals to one complete Quran.

3 times reading any durood shareef (Shortest: SallAllaho Alaihi Wa Salam) is the price of jannat.

10 times Astagfirullah (or any istighfar) is equals to making two unhappy people happy with each other.

4 times third Kalima is equal to performing one Hajj.

After this Ali Radi Allaho Anho said, Ya RasulAllah SallAllaho Alaihi Wa Salam! Now I will do all these before going to bed.

Taken from Majmua e Wazaif

Please remember me in your duas.

yeah but my question i think some mite not interpret it rite is that like jz say im like jz uterring SUBHANALLAH but im not thinking about Allah(swt) cause lets jz say im at the gym or brushing my teeth or something like that....do we still get deeds for doing dhikr cause we arent focusing ......if u get what i mean...and please bro ayman1 could u post some proofs jz for confirmation..thanks

:hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts:

daywalker

do we still get deeds for doing dhikr cause we arent focusing
:salam2:
Doing dhikr without concentration is not free from rewards. Doing dhikr with concentration will build a contact with Allah, and without concentration you will get only rewards, but not the contact with Allah. So keep doing dhikr wherever you are and whatever you do as its still better than nothing, except the toilet.

If you are able to do this continuesly, then believe me, you will get the concentration too inshallah.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
:salam2:
Doing dhikr without concentration is not free from rewards. Doing dhikr with concentration will build a contact with Allah, and without concentration you will get only rewards, but not the contact with Allah. So keep doing dhikr wherever you are and whatever you do as its still better than nothing, except the toilet.

If you are able to do this continuesly, then believe me, you will get the concentration too inshallah.

Brother daywalker summed it up nicely..jazah Allah khair...

I would like to add that making dhikr often eventually helps you with khushu'u in *salat* as well..in-fact it is one of the many recommendations for it..as it softens the heart and focuses the mind if its *especially* done before salat..imagine then if you do dhikr constantly..through-out your day?..of course it will help you in reward..and in khushu'u where its sought

:wasalam:

The_truth

Asalaamu alaikum wr wb i hope you all are in the best of health and imaan this Ramadhan. As far as possible, the meanings of what Zikr we are doing should be kept in mind during the recitation.
The Zikr should be done with an active awareness of Divine Glory
and Magnificence and with the feeling and the belief that Allah is near, right there, listening to every word that is being recited.
This way the full benefits of the Zikr will be attained because the main benefits of the Zikr is felt in the heart, so we should try and make a connection between our tongues and our hearts.

The_truth

What is dhikr?

Asalaamu Alaikum wr wb, Atif Haseeb in this article explains it very well:

So what is Zikr? Sounds like a cool word. Zikr, looks pretty neat in Arabic script.

Zikr, according to the book Fiqh-Us-Sunnah by Sheik Sayyed As Sabeeq, mentions that, "All words of praise and glory to Allah, extolling His Perfect Attributes of Power and Majesty, Beauty and Sublimeness, whether one utters them by tongue or says them silently in one's heart, are known as Zikr or remembrance of Allah."

Allah is so great, every time I see the glittering stars in the sky, resembling diamonds and pearls, I call to mind the greatness of Allah. Every time I see the various creatures Allah has created I reflect upon the greatness of Allah, the rainbow-colored parrots in the Amazon Forest, the birds how they soar so high in the sky only by the will of Allah.

I have been given the chance to be able to work for Paradise, shelter and clothing, having a mother and father, the ability to communicate with relatives and friends across the world using e-mail, and the greatest blessing-the religion Allah has chosen for me, Islam!

These are just some of the things Allah has blessed me with, and if I were to try and name and count all of them, it would impossible. Just take a moment, try to name all the blessings Allah has bestowed on you, and you will know what I mean.

Don't you agree that remembering Allah is the least you could do in order to acknowledge the gifts and blessings He has bestowed you with?

Remembering Allah is the foundation of good deeds. The more we remember Allah, the closer we will get to Him. You can see that our greatest example, Prophet Mohammed (peace and blessings be upon him), used to remember Allah at all times. So you know Zikr is good, but what do you get in return for remembering Allah?

"Verily, the Muslims (those who submit to Allah in Islam) men and women... (up to)... And the men and the women who remember Allah much with their hearts and tongues. Allah has prepared for them forgiveness and a great reward (i.e., Jannah).'' (33:35)

The difference between the one who makes Zikr and the one who does not is well explained in this Hadith. Abu Musa Al-Ash`ari (may Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet said, "The similitude of one who remembers his Lord and one who does not remember Him, is like that of the living and the dead.'' (Al-Bukhari and Muslim).

All right, so we know what Zikr means and why we should do it. Here are some more specific things we can say to remember Allah.

Abu Huraira reported that the Prophet said, "I love repeating Subhan Allah , Walhamdu lillah , wa La ilaha ill-Allah, wa Allahu Akbar (Glorified is Allah, all praise is due to Allah, and there is no God but Allah, Allah is the greatest) more than all that the sun shines upon.'' (Muslim and Tirmidhi).

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah said, "He who recites after every prayer: Subhan Allah (Allah is free from imperfection) 33 times; Alhamdu lillah (praise be to Allah) 33 times; Allahu Akbar (Allah is Greatest) 33 times; and completes the hundred with: La ilaha illallahu, wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa `ala kulli shai'in Qadir (there is no true god except Allah. He is One and He has no partner with Him. His is the sovereignty and His is the praise, and He is Omnipotent), will have all his sins pardoned even if they may be as large as the foam on the surface of the sea.'' (Muslim).

So, next time you're waiting for a bus or walking to school, remember to think about the greatness of Allah. "And remember Allah much, that you may be successful.'' (62:10).

Source:http://www.soundvision.com/Info/teens/zikrmeaningbenefits.asp