Question

Wulf

A'salaam Alaikum

Could somebody please enlighten me as to what Zikre Meelad Mustapha is.

I came across this in the Brisbane Muslim Times where a progrm is being offered in one of the local Mosques.

Thanks

W'salaam

muhammad.abdullah

A'salaam Alaikum

I came across this in the Brisbane Muslim Times where a progrm is being offered in one of the local Mosques.

Thanks

W'salaam

:salam2:

Dear brother, i dont know what it is called, but i know what it is. The will invite 'naat' (poems written to describe the high status of prophet muhammad SAW) reciters. They will sing these 'naats' which quite a lot of times contain material that is 'shirkish':astag: (e.g. bluish or reddish).

In short they will be celebrating the prophet's birthday. This is an innovation that a large number of people do (mostly in Asia) and innovations in Islam are haram. In some of these parties, as i call them, they become ecstatic and start dancing like sufis (deviant indeed) and much much more. I have seen alot on videos and live too as i used to live in pakistan. Its nothing but a party of innovations. Brother, stay away from it.

:wasalam:

P.S. they also talk about the life of the prophet (saw) but predominantly its the singing of naats and sometimes more than that.

Globalpeace

Banned
W-Salam,

In Urdu = Meelad-Mustapha or Eid-Melaad-un-Nabi
In Turkisk = Zikre Meelad Mustapha (Also persian with slight different pronounciation)
In Arabic = Mawlid

They all stem from the same root of "Mawlid" i.e. Birthday; this is a "CUSTOM" amongst Muslims to celebrate the Brithday of Rasul-ullah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) either on 12th of Rabiul-Awwal( understood by them to be his birthday) or on ordinary days where they recite Poetry and praise Rasul-ullah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) & do other actions.

Please note that these actions have NO BASIS in Islamic Shariah and there is NO evidence that either Rasul-ullah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) or his companions (RA) celebrated his Birthday.

This is an innovation in Islam.

A'salaam Alaikum

Thanks

W'salaam

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)

Akhis , But some people say they celebrate this mawlid because they love the prophetSAW more than those who dont celebrate it

Globalpeace

Banned
W-Salam,

Yes many people (like my family) say this & the answer is always the same, "Do you love Rasul-ullah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) more then Abu-Bakr (RA), Umar (RA), Usman (RA), Ali (RA)?

If they didn't celebrate this then why do you?

Akhis , But some people say they celebrate this mawlid because they love the prophetSAW more than those who dont celebrate it

Wulf

Thank you

A'salaam Alaikum

Thank you for your input. I only asked because I could find no reference in the Holy Qur'an. I am playing it safe at the moment, if it is not in the Qur'an, then i ask why.

I apreciate your help.

W'Asalaam

Ibrahim

Izzu

well said bro global peace.
every new innovation in deen is a bidah, and every bidah leads to hell.

Izzu

i think i have to disagree with u...

I know a hadith and it goes like this (sorry it is nor perfect but hopefully someone will find the arabic version.
Wa sharraal amoori muhadassatuhah, wa kullah muhdassitin bidah, wa kulla bidattin dullalah, wa kulla dulallatin fin nar

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
I know a hadith and it goes like this (sorry it is nor perfect but hopefully someone will find the arabic version.
Wa sharraal amoori muhadassatuhah, wa kullah muhdassitin bidah, wa kulla bidattin dullalah, wa kulla dulallatin fin nar

But i read before there are a number of classification of bidah but cannot find Imam Shafii RA quote on this topic..

samiha

---------
Staff member

Suban'Allah... follow what is correct in Qura'an and Sunnah...

Milaad un-Nabi is an Innovation, countless threads on this topic:

Celebrating the Prophet’s birthday (al-Mawlid al-Nabawi) is is an innovation (bid’ah)..

Also: Milaad/Mawlid is an innovation - By Shaykh bin bazz (R)

Please refer to : Research on bid’ah and shirk in Detail..

and keep in Mind:

“Say (O Muhammad), “I am only a human being like you. It is revealed to me that your Rubb is only one Rubb.”
[Al-Kahf -110]

The Prophet (saws) said, “Do not exalt me like the Christians exalted the son of Maryam. I am only a ‘abd (servant). So say, “(He is) Allah’s ‘abd and Messenger.”

(Bukhari)

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

You are both right:

1) The reason that Imam Shaf'ae (RA), Imam Abu Haneefa (RA) didn't declare Mawlid as Bid'a is that because it didn't exist in their time; read the history as to HOW this came about in the Ummah and you will find that it is much much later.

2) And not necessarily every new innovation is Bid'aa:

a) Taraweeh with congregation
b) Second Adhan in Jumuah
c) Qur'aan in a book (Mushaf) form
d) Harakat (اَ اِ اُ ) in the Qur'aan
e) Classification of Hadeeth i.e. Authentic, Weak etc.

But it is a CATEGORIC fact that neither Rasul-ullah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) nor his companions celebrated Birthdays.

But i read before there are a number of classification of bidah but cannot find Imam Shafii RA quote on this topic..

Izzu

:salam2: sister
and :jazaak:
Quran says 'wa attiur rasolla fakad attaallah'
One who follows Prophet pbuh follows allah swt. Thus if neither Prophet pbuh nor his companions ra did all that what we are doing nowadys, for sure it is an innovation and a bidah.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Asslamo Allaikum,

You are both right:

1) The reason that Imam Shaf'ae (RA), Imam Abu Haneefa (RA) didn't declare Mawlid as Bid'a is that because it didn't exist in their time; read the history as to HOW this came about in the Ummah and you will find that it is much much later.

But it is a CATEGORIC fact that neither Rasul-ullah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) nor his companions celebrated Birthdays.

Mualaikumsalam warahmatullah
JazakAllah khair akhi for agreeing with me...
Akhi the ones u give u give are only some, there are many more
JazakAllah khair...i will still try to get imam shafii quote..

Akhi , do the 4 imams agree that there are classification of bidah??

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....
Asslamo Allaikum,

You are both right:

I remember reading a book and there was this authentic hadith in which Muhammad :saw: gathered the sahaba (ra) as they were about to pray tarawih seperately and he :saw: led them tarawih prayer. He also done this on a few other instances. So this chapter of the book basically concluded that this practise was a sunnah of the Prophet which was revived by Omar (ra) (I think). However, I no longer have the book and cannot locate this hadith, anyone know what I'm talking about?

wasalam

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

This is an issue of great debate, Brother.

But I have been unable to locate any references to Mawlid in Hanafi, Shaf'ae or Hanbali Madhab BECAUSE it developed much later; that in itself is a proof that forget about Rasul-ullah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam), Sahaba (RA) this practise didn't exist till much much later!

Mualaikumsalam warahmatullah
JazakAllah khair akhi for agreeing with me...
Akhi the ones u give u give are only some, there are many more
JazakAllah khair...i will still try to get imam shafii quote..

Akhi , do the 4 imams agree that there are classification of bidah??

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Asslamo Allaikum,

This is an issue of great debate, Brother.

But I have been unable to locate any references to Mawlid in Hanafi, Shaf'ae or Hanbali Madhab BECAUSE it developed much later; that in itself is a proof that forget about Rasul-ullah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam), Sahaba (RA) this practise didn't exist till much much later!

With regards to mawlid..., i have nothing to say but...

Do we have khutbah in languages other than arabic during prophet SAW or sahaba RA time??

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

I meant to clarify that the simple black/white rule that NOT EVERY NEW THING is necessarily Bid'aa.

Taraweeh with congregation is Sunnah;no doubt.

I remember reading a book and there was this authentic hadith in which Muhammad :saw: gathered the sahaba (ra) as they were about to pray tarawih seperately and he :saw: led them tarawih prayer. He also done this on a few other instances. So this chapter of the book basically concluded that this practise was a sunnah of the Prophet which was revived by Omar (ra) (I think). However, I no longer have the book and cannot locate this hadith, anyone know what I'm talking about?

wasalam

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....
Asslamo Allaikum,

I meant to clarify that the simple black/white rule that NOT EVERY NEW THING is necessarily Bid'aa.

Taraweeh with congregation is Sunnah;no doubt.

I know what you meant Brother, I was just asking if anyone knew the exact location of that hadith.

wasalam

samiha

---------
Staff member

wasalam

I typed this so there may be mistakes!!

The Night Prayers: Qiyam al-Layl & Tarawih

By Muhammad al-Jibali
From Works by: Muhammad Nasir ud-Deen al-Abani (and other scholars)

Taken from Chapter 4 – Praying Tarawih in Jama’ah:

The Prophet’s Approval:

This approval is indicated in the Hadith of Tha’labah bin Abu Malik al-Qurazi, who said:

“Allah’s Messenger (saws) went out (to the Masjid) one night during Ramadan; he saw some people in the corner of the Masjid praying. He asked, “What are they doing?” someone replied, ‘O Allah’s Messenger, these people do not know much Quran; Ubayy bin Ka’b is reciting; and they are behind him following his prayer.’ To which he (saws) replied, “They have done well,” or he said, “They have done right,” and he did not object to their action.
(al-Byhaqi [2:495]. It is mursal, Tha’labah being a Tabi’i. But it is recorded with another isnaad, from Abu Hurayrah (ra), by Ibn Nasr al-Marwazi, Abu Dawud, and al-Bayhaqi. The latter is accepted as a supportive report)

The Prophet’s Action:

There are various hadiths indicating the Prophet :saw: prayed Tarwih in Jama’ah.

1. An-Nu’man bin Bashir (ra) reported: “We stood (in prayer) with Allah’s Messenger :saw: on the twenty third of Ramadan up to the first third of the night; then we stood with him on the twenty fifth night up to the middle of the nigh; then he led us on the twenty seventh night (for so long) that we feared missing the falah (success) … We used to call Sahur * falah.
*Light meal eaten by fasting person just before dawn
(Recorded by: Ibn Abi Shaybah, Ibn Nasr, an-Nasai, Ahmad, al-Faryabi, and al-Hakim; its isnaad is Sahih)

AND many more!! but i can't write that much and don't have time srry