question

seekingtruth2

asalaamu aleikom waramatullah
can anyone answer these two questions i have and give me a place where i can look it up for myself....... what is the standing of menstrating women fasting (ie:can they fast during menses) according to both hanafi and maliki schools........ i am under the impression that according to hanafi school a women cannot fast during her menses or if she does it is still not valid and has to be made up but i am thinking (because someone told me this is not true) that according to maliki a women CAN and SHOULD fast even though shes on her menses..... hhhhmmmmmm can anyone please tell me the standing of both schools of thought....?????? i really need to know.... i am hanafi and my husband is maliki and he is telling me i have to do something i have been told not to do.... i am confused and dont want to do anything wrong this ramadan......... and i know that allah sees whats in our hearts but still..........
ok..... second question....... i was having a conversatoin with someone and was telling them that you cannot name your children certain names..... this i have read of course in hadith buit can no longer remember where, can anyone give me the hadith and where to find it? and can you name your children after the angels? at any rate jazakallah kheer in advance for all your help........
your sister
fatima

carpy321

:salam2:
my name is after an angel :) and it was suggested by an imam at regents park mosque! so i beleive you can..