question

faithzilla

Had Left TTI
Salaam brother,

So yes, I am Muslim. I also use the Hanifi interpretation of fiqh to create consistency in my worship.

Wasalaam

~Sarah

WOW
Sister Sarah is following hanafi, I always thought Hanafi school as the strictest madhab.

The Hanafis says that any act that does not benefit you in dunya or akhirah is makruh tahriman (i.e. haram) and that it is sinful. That alone makes Hanafi hardest.

Hanafi MAKES you pray the Sunnah prayers, grow a fist long beard, have pants above the ankles, goto the Masjid to pray if you do not have a valid excuse, does not let you eat alot of sea food.

I put my hat off for you sis, may Allah reward you greatly.:) (Ameen)

Wassalam

WOW
Sister Sarah is following hanafi, I always thought Hanafi school as the strictest madhab.

heheh no i dont think so. EAch and every madhab has his hard side and easy side. like shafii madhab if u touch any woman ur wudu is no more valid!
and there are other things.

Why did you consider yourself HANAFI or MALEKI ... ?
Allah choose for us the name MUSLIMOUN then I'm muslim, you are muslim and FULL STOP.

akhi study a little bit more about the madhab(school of thought).

I never considred my self neither Hanafi nor Maleki, or anything else.

mujtahid mashallah.

I totaly respect the knowldge of these scholars and I just consider, for any question, the closet answer to the Quran and hadith. It doesn't matter who is the scholar.

how many time did u spend to recognize which hadihts is near to quran and hadiths? schoalrs are spending their whole life and trying it since last 1400 years to practise according to quran and sunnah and do u think ur knowledge is enough tto judge the hadiths which is near to quran and sunnah?
just asking!

Second, I know what you are talking about. I have been discussing this issue too many times (with my father, my mother, my freinds, etc).]

there is the mistake. if u have question about biology should discuss with a teacher who is awayre about biology. not with friend,mother, friend.

try to get a contact with schoalr and ask him and discuss with him.

Alhamdoulillah, I've been reading many books on each madhab and I'm still reading as many fatwa as I can on current and past issues. But, I try to pick the fatwa wich is very close to Quran and Hadith without any consideration to the name of the scholar (of corse he must be trustfull).

dont give shaitan to play with ur knowledge. i dont know u r schoalr or not. if not then verily u r not able to find out the hadiths which is near to quran and sunnah. the knowledge of fiqh is like see.

Ibn ‘Uyyana, may Allah be pleased with him, has said,

“The hadiths are a source of error except for the jurists.”

if u r jurists then alhamdulillah. if not then study under schoalrs and not in internet.

Please let's stop talking about this issues here. If you have additional informations or questions, I'll be gald to read them just PM me.

yepp let back to topics.

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
This topic seems to be discussed earlier:

Link --> http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7309&page=2

Assalam Alaykum

'Ahabbakal-lathee 'ahbabtanee lahu.

May He for Whose sake you love me, love you.

bark Allah Feek Akhi.......

Originally Posted by junaid hasan View Post
as a normal muslim we should follow a majhab. and i think its better for a new muslim to choose a majhab ,which will be easier for him to learn.

It is sufficient for you to be a Muslim who follows the sharee’ah. With regard to Hanbali or Shaafa’i madhhabs, you do not have to restrict yourself to that. Those (four) scholars have a high status that is well known throughout this Ummah; their words were written down and followed by their companions and followers, and became madhhabs that were recognized and known, even though they were agreed on matters of belief and Tawheed. They were also close to one another on minor issues, but it so happened that one of them might be unaware of some evidence (daleel) or its correct interpretation, so he made ijtihaad and issued fatwaas based on his ijtihaad. They did not oblige others to adhere to what they said, but most of those followers adopted sectarian attitudes and restricted themselves to the views of those imaams even if they went against the daleel. They went to great length to interpret the texts in such a manner as to make them agree with what they thought. On this basis, we advise the “rank and file” to call themselves Muslims and to refer problematic issues to respectable scholars and to consult the works of scholars who are known for their sincere devotion to Islam and the Muslims. And Allaah knows best.

al-Lu’lu’ al-Makeen min Fataawaa Ibn Jibreen, p. 30
Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah are not to be regarded as opposition to the Maalikis, Shaafa’is, Hanbalis and the like, rather they are opposed to the followers of innovated and misguided beliefs and ways such as the Ash’aris, Mu’tazilis, Murji’is, Sufis and so on.

The Hanafis, Maalikis, Shaafa’is and Hanbalis are schools of fiqh, whose imams are among Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah, and indeed are among the leaders of Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah. But unfortunately the followers of most of those madhhabs and schools of fiqh have begun to follow the people of innovation and misguidance in their beliefs, so many of the Shaafa’is and Maalikis have become Ash’aris, and many of the Hanafis have become Maatireedis. But with regard to ‘aqeedah, the Hanbalis – apart from a very few – have been spared the change to something other than the ‘aqeedah of Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah.

The basic principle concerning the Muslim is that he adheres to the Qur’aan and Sunnah according to the understanding of the companions of the Prophet :saw:(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and those who followed them in guidance. As for following one of these four madhhabs or any other, that is not obligatory or recommended, and the Muslim does not have to adhere to any one of them in particular. Rather the one who adheres to a particular madhhab in every issue is being a partisan who is guilty of blind following. End quote.
Hal al-Muslim mulzim bi Ittibaa’ Madhhab mu’ayyin min al-Madhhab al-Arba’ah? By al-Ma’soomi, p. 38.

There is nothing wrong with following the four schools of fiqh if a Muslim does not have sufficient knowledge to enable him to derive rulings from the Qur’aan and Sunnah himself, but if it becomes clear to him that the correct view is other than that of his madhhab, then he must follow the correct view and not his madhhab.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

In the Qur’aan, Allaah condemns the one who turns away from following the Messengers and follows instead the religion invented by his forefathers. This is imitation (taqleed) which is forbidden by Allaah and His Messenger, i.e., following someone other than the Messenger in matters that go against the Messenger. This is haraam for everyone according to the consensus of the Muslims, for there is no obedience to any created being if it involves disobedience towards the Creator. Obedience to the Messenger is obligatory for every one, elite and common folk alike, at all times and in all places, both inwardly and outwardly, and in all situations… Allaah has enjoined obedience to the Messenger upon all people, in approximately forty places in the Qur’aan.

It is permissible for one who is unable to derive rulings to follow a scholar, according to the majority of scholars… the kind of imitation or following that is forbidden by the texts and according to scholarly consensus is that which goes against the words of Allaah and His Messenger. end quote.

The followers of the salaf are those who adhere to the Qur’aan and Sunnah in their beliefs, fiqh and conduct and do not go against what is proven in the Qur’aan and Sunnah and what is agreed upon by the salaf of this ummah.

Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzaan (may Allaah preserve him) said:

What is meant by the salafi madhhab is the way of the salaf (early generations) of this ummah, namely the Sahaabah, Taabi’een and prominent imams with regard to issues of ‘aqeedah, sound method, sincere faith and adherence to the beliefs, laws, etiquette and conduct of Islam, unlike the innovators, deviants and those who are confused.
Among the most prominent of those who advocated the madhhab or way of the salaf were the four imams, Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah and his students, Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Abd al-Wahhaab and his students, and other reformers and renewers; there is no era when there was not someone who is establishing evidence for the right way.

There is nothing wrong with calling them Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah, so as to differentiate between them and the followers of deviant groups. This is not praising oneself, rather it is distinguishing between the people of truth and the people of falsehood. End quote.
Al-Muntaqa min Fataawa al-Shaykh al-Fawzaan, 1/question no. 206.

Based on this, if a man whose religious commitment and character are good proposes marriage to a Muslim woman, then she should accept him even if he does not belong to one of these madhhabs, but if the one who proposes to her is a member of one of the misguided and deviant groups, then she should not accept him.

i leave u All in care of Allah

<wasalam>

There is no dearth of authentic ahadith about the Witr prayer, the fact that the Prophet (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) performed it himself on a regular basis, and that he encouraged others to observe it. There is evidence indicating that the Witr prayer is obligatory, e.g.

the various narrations of the hadith:

"Witr is a binding obligation, and so whoever does not perform witr is not one of us." (Mishkaat)

However, Imam Abu Hanifah refrained from pronouncing witr as fard, due to the existence of counter-evidence, e.g. the hadith reported by Bukhari and others, about the Bedouin who asked the Prophet about the 5 pillars of Islam. When the Prophet told him about the 5 daily prayers, he asked, 'is there anything in addition to this?' and the Prophet said, 'No, unless you wish to do something optional.' Yet, the Witr is certainly not an ordinary sunnah either, because of the warnings to those who abandon it, and because of the Prophet's regular observance of it - the Witr prayer and the 2 sunnah of Fajr are prayers which he never abandoned, even on a journey. Thus, witr is wajib according to Imam Abu Hanifah. Incidentally, witr is also considered one of the most important non-fard prayers by the other schools, and it can be made up later if it was missed for some reason. It has been reported that Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal said that if a person who used to be regular in performing witr gives it up, he loses his respectability and credibility, so that his testimony will not be accepted in an Islamic court. Imam al-Shafi`i was asked about witr, and he said it is sunnah, but that he will not permit anyone to leave it off. If one misses Witr, it is necessary to make Qadhaa of it according to Imam Abu Hanifa (RA)

And Allah knows best

This topic seems to be discussed earlier:

Link --> http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7309&page=2

ohh meyyn not again and again the same topic.

As for shaykh Albani regarding taqlid a must,

Cassette no. 27 from the "Silsilah Fataawaa Jeddah"

Question:

We face a difficulty in that it is said that you reject blind following of the Scholars, but you make taqleed of Yahyaa bin Ma`een and Ahmad in their sayings, or [in] the sayings of them both, such as, "So and so is da`eef", "So and so is thiqah", and we want to listen in this manner, so is the acceptance of the saying of the Scholars about a narrator that he is da`eef or thiqah pure taqleed, or is it built upon something knowledge-based that is not to be labelled taqleed for example, and there is another question that is built upon this one.

Shaykh al-Albaanee (rahimahullaah):

" I say that this matter has been treated by as-San`aanee in his risaalah and he tends to the view that this is not taqleed. And personally I am not satisfied with that [i.e. as-San`aanee's view in not calling it taqleed], I am not satisfied with this[1], however, can a person reject taqleed? As for me then I do not reject taqleed, rather I affirm it, rather, I obligate it, even if one besides me might oppose me, then he can, no doubt."

.................................................. .

NOTE
[1] What the Shaykh means, judging by the other quotations, is that he does not agree with as-San`aanee negating that this is taqleed, because he does consider it taqleed, but it is not something blameworthy, rather it is taqleed that is permissible, and that whether you call it Ittibaa` or Taqleed, does not change the reality behind it, namely, that it is only a representation of doing what Allaah commanded when he said, "Ask the people of knowledge if you do not know...", this is the essence of what is found in the other quotations (to follow inshaa'Allaah) that explain what the Shaykh means here,

Allaah knows best.

Also here is what shaykh Uthaymeen had to say

The Place of Taqleed:

Taqleed is done in two cases:

1) when the muqallid is an 'aamee (a common person) who does not have the ability to aquire knowledge of the sharee'ah ruling by himself. SO TAQLEED IS OBLIGATORY UPON HIM, due to the saying of Allaah - The Most High, "ask the people of knowledge if you do not know." So he does taqleed of one whom he considers to be a person of knowledge and piety. If there are two such people who are equal in his view, then he chooses any one of them.

2) The mujtahid when he encounters a new situation, for which an immediate solution is required, but it is not possible for him to research into this matter. So in this case he is permitted to perform taqleed.

Some stipulate as a condition for the permissibility of taqleed, that the matter is not from the fundamentals of the deen - those matters which must be held as aqueedah - since matters of aqueedah require certainty, whereas taqleed only amounts to dhann (knowledge which is not certain).

However the correct saying in this matter is that this is not a condition, due to the generality of his - the Most High's - saying, "ask the people of knowledge if you do not know." And this verse is in the context of affirming the Messengership - which is from the fundamentals of the deen. And also because the common person cannot acquire knowledge of the sharee'ah rulings with it's proofs by himself. So if he is unable to arrive at the truth by himself, then nothing remains for him except taqleed, due to the saying of Allaah - the most High, "fear Allaah as much as you can"

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
ohh meyyn not again and again the same topic.

As for shaykh Albani regarding taqlid a must,

Cassette no. 27 from the "Silsilah Fataawaa Jeddah"

Question:

We face a difficulty in that it is said that you reject blind following of the Scholars, but you make taqleed of Yahyaa bin Ma`een and Ahmad in their sayings, or [in] the sayings of them both, such as, "So and so is da`eef", "So and so is thiqah", and we want to listen in this manner, so is the acceptance of the saying of the Scholars about a narrator that he is da`eef or thiqah pure taqleed, or is it built upon something knowledge-based that is not to be labelled taqleed for example, and there is another question that is built upon this one.

Shaykh al-Albaanee (rahimahullaah):

" I say that this matter has been treated by as-San`aanee in his risaalah and he tends to the view that this is not taqleed. And personally I am not satisfied with that [i.e. as-San`aanee's view in not calling it taqleed], I am not satisfied with this[1], however, can a person reject taqleed? As for me then I do not reject taqleed, rather I affirm it, rather, I obligate it, even if one besides me might oppose me, then he can, no doubt."

.................................................. .

NOTE
[1] What the Shaykh means, judging by the other quotations, is that he does not agree with as-San`aanee negating that this is taqleed, because he does consider it taqleed, but it is not something blameworthy, rather it is taqleed that is permissible, and that whether you call it Ittibaa` or Taqleed, does not change the reality behind it, namely, that it is only a representation of doing what Allaah commanded when he said, "Ask the people of knowledge if you do not know...", this is the essence of what is found in the other quotations (to follow inshaa'Allaah) that explain what the Shaykh means here,

Allaah knows best.

Also here is what shaykh Uthaymeen had to say

The Place of Taqleed:

Taqleed is done in two cases:

1) when the muqallid is an 'aamee (a common person) who does not have the ability to aquire knowledge of the sharee'ah ruling by himself. SO TAQLEED IS OBLIGATORY UPON HIM, due to the saying of Allaah - The Most High, "ask the people of knowledge if you do not know." So he does taqleed of one whom he considers to be a person of knowledge and piety. If there are two such people who are equal in his view, then he chooses any one of them.

2) The mujtahid when he encounters a new situation, for which an immediate solution is required, but it is not possible for him to research into this matter. So in this case he is permitted to perform taqleed.

Some stipulate as a condition for the permissibility of taqleed, that the matter is not from the fundamentals of the deen - those matters which must be held as aqueedah - since matters of aqueedah require certainty, whereas taqleed only amounts to dhann (knowledge which is not certain).

However the correct saying in this matter is that this is not a condition, due to the generality of his - the Most High's - saying, "ask the people of knowledge if you do not know." And this verse is in the context of affirming the Messengership - which is from the fundamentals of the deen. And also because the common person cannot acquire knowledge of the sharee'ah rulings with it's proofs by himself. So if he is unable to arrive at the truth by himself, then nothing remains for him except taqleed, due to the saying of Allaah - the most High, "fear Allaah as much as you can"

Don't quote the Shaykhs out of context. If Shaykh Al ALbaanee believed in blind Taqleed why did he write "The Prophets Prayer as though you see it..." book in which didnot do blind Taqleed of any of the Madhabs.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Assalaamu'Alykum,

I feel the excerpt from Fiqh-us-Sunnah kind of made this issue clear:

Taken from Fiqh-us-Sunnah:

The witr (means odd) prayer is one that the Prophet practiced and which he encouraged others to practice. As such, praying witr comes under as-sunnah al-mu'akkadah.

Ali says: "The witr prayer is not required like your obligatory prayers, but the Prophet would perform the witr prayer and say: 'O you people [followers] of the Qur'an, perform the witr prayer, for Allah is one and He loves witr.'" This is related by Ahmad, an'Nasa'i, Abu Dawud, Ibn Majah, at-Tirmidhi who calls it hasan, and al-Hakim who grades it sahih.

The opinion of Abu Hanifah (May Allah have mercy on him) that the witr prayer is obligatory is a weak opinion. Ibn al-Mundhir says: "I don't know anyone who agrees with Abu Hanifah on this point."

Ahmad, Abu Dawud, An-Nasa'i and Ibn Majah record that Al-Mukhdaji (a person of the Kinana tribe) heard from one of the Ansar, nicknamed Abu Muhammad, that the witr prayer is oligatory. He went to 'Ibadah ibn as-Samit and mentioned to him what Abu Muhammad had said. 'Ibadah observed: "Abu Muhammad is mistaken for I heard the Messenger of Allah say: 'Five prayers are ordained by Allah for his slaves. Whoever fulfills them properly without any shortcoming, he will have a pact with Allah that He will admit him into paradise, whoever does not do them, he will have a pact with Allah, and if He wills He may punish him and if He wills He may forgive him.'"

Also al-Bukhari and Muslim recorded from Talhah ibn 'Ubaidullah that the Prophet said: "Five prayers during the day and night have been prescribed by Allah." Hearing this a bedouin asked the Prophet: "Is there anything else upon me [in the way of prayer]?" The Prophet said: "No, unless you want to do more voluntarily.

Source: Fiqh-us-Sunnah, Supererogatory Prayer, Chapter One, The Witr Prayer - Its excellence, pg 10-11.

Additionally its unusual for the Fatawa's in relation to Witr to be under the "Voluntary Prayers" section in Fatawa Islamiyah. Insha'Allah the first clear reference to the Fiqh-us-Sunnah makes this clear. :SMILY139:

Don't quote the Shaykhs out of context. If Shaykh Al ALbaanee believed in blind Taqleed why did he write "The Prophets Prayer as though you see it..." book in which didnot do blind Taqleed of any of the Madhabs.

THen why dont u tell us what was the context? to belive in something and practising by himself is not same. sheikh albani had a status to follow my himself and decide by himself.

Also al-Bukhari and Muslim recorded from Talhah ibn 'Ubaidullah that the Prophet said: "Five prayers during the day and night have been prescribed by Allah." Hearing this a bedouin asked the Prophet: "Is there anything else upon me [in the way of prayer]?" The Prophet said: "No, unless you want to do more voluntarily.

Source: Fiqh-us-Sunnah, Supererogatory Prayer, Chapter One, The Witr Prayer - Its excellence, pg 10-11.

Additionally its unusual for the Fatawa's in relation to Witr to be under the "Voluntary Prayers" section in Fatawa Islamiyah. Insha'Allah the first clear reference to the Fiqh-us-Sunnah makes this clear. :SMILY139:

Wajib doesn´t mean fard like the 5 prayers.Like soem scholars says to have beard is wajib and its not fard. It would be better if anyone can say what is the english word of wajib.

cmelbouzaidi

Difference between Fard, Wajib and Sunnah

By Mufti Ebrahim Desai
Posted: 15 Safar 1423, 28 April 2002
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q.) What is the difference between Fard, wajib and Sunnat Mua'kadah? [Aziz]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A.) Fardh is compulsory. A person who denies or rejects a Fardh will become a Kaafir.

wajib is also something necessary, although of a slightly lesser degree than Fardh. The person who denies this will not become a Kaafir, but will be a Faasiq (flagrant sinner).

Sunnat-e-Muakkadah are those actions of Nabi which were done regularly. A person who leaves out such an act will be sinning.

And Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Source: www.albalagh.net