Question

majormuss

:salam2:
IS being a Jew a religion or a nationality? In otherwords is a person called a Jew because of where he/she originates or because of the person's religion or belief?

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

Being Jewish is both an ethnicity and a religion..though when avoiding generalizations..you have to consider the fact that not all Jews are Jewish in ethnicity..and not all ethnic Jews are Jewish

:wasalam:

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
wa`alaykum us-salaam.

Nationality? No. Ethnicity however, yes (see above post). And of course, a religion too.

majormuss

Tajweed question

What are the rules of Tajweed in Quran recitation?CAn someone please give some examples of when these rules should be applied and how they sound.Or if possible give ame a link to learn about them or listen.I would gladly appreciate it.

mahdi

salam

IS being a Jew a religion or a nationality? In otherwords is a person called a Jew because of where he/she originates or because of the person's religion or belief?

i think being a jew is a religion, because anybody can become a jew. what people mostly mistake about is the difference between a jew and a hebrew, hebrew is the ethinicity and jewish or judaism is the faith. so if you convert judaism, you become a jew although your ethnicity is not a hebrew, but you cannot be a hebrew even if you accept the jewish fatih, you will be a jew but not a hebrew. i hope i answered your question.

Abdullah77

i think being a jew is a religion, because anybody can become a jew. what people mostly mistake about is the difference between a jew and a hebrew, hebrew is the ethinicity and jewish or judaism is the faith. so if you convert judaism, you become a jew although your ethnicity is not a hebrew, but you cannot be a hebrew even if you accept the jewish fatih, you will be a jew but not a hebrew. i hope i answered your question.

Who are hebrew?