Questions about Nikah

lozlg

Muslima for 1 year!
Assalam Alaikam brothers and sisters. I just have a few questions about Nikah that i am confused about.

1. Does the wali have to be muslim?

2. Does the wali have to be male?

3. Can my husband give me dowry after Nikah if he can not afford it?

4. Does dowry have to be a specific amount?

Jazakallah

revert2007

Love Fishing
Assalam Alaikam brothers and sisters. I just have a few questions about Nikah that i am confused about.

Yes and since ur father can;'t be a a wali u need ur lawyer to prepare a document for the judge to sign and give the permission for u to get married.Ur wali must be the judge and no one else.

yes the wali must be a matured Muslim male

In islam there is only mahar and it is obligatory.it depends how much the state of the country where u get married fixed the money(ask the imam of the mosque)..if he cannot afford he should give anything belong to him to u as his mahar.even a quran can be a mahar.

not really.depend on the male's capability.

below is the example of marriage contract

Attachments

• MARRIAGE_CONTRACT_FEB_2008.pdf
    254.3 KB · Views: 29

lozlg

Muslima for 1 year!
Jazakallah. I live in the UK. Is it a solicitor who usually draws up an islamic contract? Islamic marriage isn't recognised under UK law so im kinda confused about things. We intend to have a UK registry a few months after our Nikah. Anyone live in UK and had their Nikah who can tell me what i need to do?

Jazakallah for the example marriage contract Revert2007.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)

Yes, the wali has to be a muslim, and a male

"A marriage (contract) is not valid without a wali" Recorded by Abu Dawud, al-tirmidhi and others.

YES

yes, he can, but It is recommended to give the bride her mahr immediately after execution of the marriage contract.

'Uqbah Bin 'Amir (S) reported that the Prophet (N) said to a man, Do you agree that I marry so-and-so woman to you? He replied, "Yes." The Prophet (N) then said to the woman, Do you agree that I marry you to so and-so man? She replied, "Yes." So he married them to each other without naming a mahr for the bride or giving her anything. That man was of those who witnessed al-
Hudaybiyah Covenant, and he got a share from the battle spoils of Khaybar.
When he approached death, he said:
"Indeed, Allah's Messenger (N) gave me so-and-so in marriage but I did not then give her anything. Be my witnesses that I now give her as mahr my share from
Khaybar."
So she took that share and sold it for one hundred-thousand.

Recorded by Abu Dawud, Ibn Hibban, and others. Verified to be authentic by al-Albani (lrwa'ul-Ghalil no. 1924).

But he must not forget about it, cuz its a grave sin.

Indeed, among the greatest sins before Allah is that of a man who marries a
woman, and after he fulfills his need with her, he divorces her and takes her
mahr; and a man who hires another man but does not give him his pay; and
a man who kills an animal without reason.
Recorded by al-Hakim and al-Bayhaqi. Verified to be hasan by al-Albani (Sahih ul-Jami' no.1567 & as-Sahihah no. 999).

NO it doesn't have to be.

'Uqbah Bin 'Amir (S) reported that Allah's Messenger (N) said:
“The best of marriages (or dowries) are the easiest
Recorded by Abu Dawud, Ibn Majah, and others. Verified to be authentic by al-Albani (Sahih ul-Jami' no. 3279, 3300, as-Sahihah no. 1842, & Irwa' ul-Ghalil no. 1924

Jazakallah

I hope it helped ukhti :) May Allah (swt) always bless u -ameen