Questions of one god and divinity...please help!

konrad16660

My thoughts;
(keep in mind that I do not belong to any religion. I am just trying to find the truth.)
If Jesus was the son of god how is it that there is one god?
If there is a holy ghost? How is there one god?
I understand the essence of the trinity. But I feel that there is god in all of us. Mohammed was a prophet. He didn't claim to be god. Or the son of god. But, if Jesus is part of the trinity, then he is God. Which begs the question: How is it really one god?
I feel that there can be prophets, like I said I feel there is god in everyone, and there can be messangers. Moses, Jesus etc, as stated in the Qu'ran.
Another question I have is: Is Mohammed divine?
I am not all the way through the Qu'ran yet, and I do mix myself up on things as far as understanding occasionally. I am trying to decifer if he is divine, or just merely a prophet, the true prophet. Not part god though right?
I hope I have made decent sence within this post, and I hope it can be clearly answered and can also serve to re-enforce people's values.
thanks!

Steve940

Hi konrad,

We muslims believe in one God, who has no partners and there is no share in the divinity with him. We believe that Muhammad (SAWS) is the best and last of the prophets, and we believe that Jesus (AS) was a prophet with no share in divinity.

Please see these links to help clear any ideas you have about trinity or Islam in general;

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8469&highlight=tawheed

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=886&highlight=virgin+birth

Hope this helps you,
Steve

danial

muhammad was just a man just like jesus. NEITHEr of them claimed divinity in both the bible n quran.

God is ONE and ALMIGHTY. he wouldnt need a "trinity". in a kingdom, there is only ONE king, u cant have three kings.

suumaya

Peace brother

Brother Islam is to testify that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah, and Allah which means thy only worthy of all of our worship… not one in three but One that is Absolute, Eternal, He begets not nor is He begotten; and there is none like unto Him.
Brother no one understands the essence of the trinity. I work with a lot of Christian and as of right now they explain to me the trinity like… Egg, H20water, Hand, family etc and none of them make any sense so I have one Question if the trinity is the word of God almighty then how come He did not explain how three distinctive being end up into One in the Bible??? I ask because in the Quran which we Muslim believe to be the word of Almighty God, if it mentions a subject in one chapter then it gives a detail either in that chapter or in another chapter.
Brother everything in life has a purpose, we as human being have a purpose so i dont see why God has to be come a human when He is able to do anything...

konrad16660

thanks for the help

I would like to thank everyone for clearing up my questions. Like I said I understand the essence of the trinity in the fact that like most people I understand what all factors are. I did not mean to state that it made perfect sence to me. I am also not christian. I am ethnically jewish and german(seperate, not german jew) I was raised with no religion. For many people out there including myself Christianity didn't quite add up, although I could see what they were trying to prove. I having no religion and seeking truth was also happy to find that muhammad is not divine. I was glad to find that only god is divine. And there is an utter regection of conventional offspring from a god. So far Islam has appeared to be the most logical religion I have seen. You don't have to swallow down with a lot of things you don't find to be truths.

konrad16660

In the A-Z link it says that muslims are also waitnig for the secod coming of christ. If they are, then how would jesus just be a prophet, wouldn't that make him god like or supernatural? I am confused.

fagie

Jesus (a.s.) second coming is a miracle from God, that doesnt make him( Jesus ) supernatural or God-like. It is like his virgin birth which is a miracle from God.

It is not befitting to (the majesty of) God that He should beget a son. Glory be to Him! When He determines a matter, He only says to it, 'Be,' and it is(19:35)

Imran_00

Descendent of Aadam
Dear konrad16660

ISA (JESSUS) AS was raised in the pressence of god and the man that was crusified was not JESSUS. just think if JESSSUS was god then do you think that god will come down to earth in the shape of human being and then get beaten up and then he (JESSUS) will need food to eat when he is hungey .if you read the bible then you know the three Loaf story where he ask someone to go buy 3 loaf. Why will god need to eat and why will he loose from Jacob.

He was not god he will return by the will of Allah (God) . Because it clearly says in Quran when Allah says be and it is done

I hope i explained your question

abdallahbilal

Long Live Palestine
:salam2:
Interesting dialogue :)

Many prophets Moses, Jesus, and Muhammed showed people miracles. That did not make any of them supernatural, because their miracles occured only because of God's intervention, not their own human capacity.

For example, Abraham peace be upon him was not hurt at all when he was thrown into fire by his tribesmen. This was by the help of God and nobody ever claimed Abraham pbuh was supernatural.

All human beings will be resurrected to life again on the day of judgement (sounds like second coming of all humanity, put aside that Jesus' is missionary), but this occurs only by the will of God alone and no human being is supernatural.

happy 2 b muslim

mohamed pbuh was just a prophet as we believe all prophet are not divine allah and only allah is divine thats why the whole of islam as a religon calls to islam and that alone. thaweed the onesess of god...

watch this it can help you understand it hopefully.......

Yusuf Estes - QA_HolySpirit_Muhammad_Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGcsOZprAlE

also you can watch this

Sheikh Yusuf Estes - Talks about Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l5OQ_9D8C4

zakariya

salam to u

salaaaam
i think if jesus {a s}was a god or god son than what about marry the mather of jesus if jesus was a god than marry is god of gods
can u belive this 2000 years old praphet was god or god son than wat abouse other praphets like musas abraham did thay a gods no thay all are praphets
in islam we belive jesus was a praphet for god send home of isreal to show god is one and warshipe as a one and after who is com praphet muhammed{saw}and what muhammed said god is one and warshipe as a one
so i hape u untherstand me
if i did mastage please god for give me

NX01

I had often heard from Christians said that, "Jesus died for our sins" or "Jesus died to save the world."

:astag: . Jesus (or Esa A.S) is just but a man.

I find this term from the Christians unconceivable. If this is the case, man are free to do all the evils and will be forgiven. What happen to the one being oppressed then? Dying without justice?
Think about this logic.

In Islam, there is no intercession betwen you and your Rabb(Allah) like the Christians do, where they need to confess to a priest to cleanse their sin. A man having power to cleanse another man sins? Then who cleanse the priest's sins? Another priest perhaps? How about priests who engaged in homosexuality with boys? Would you come to him to confess your sins? Who is the lesser of the two evils? The list goes on and on...

Allah has clearly punished those who involves in homosexuality. This is written in the Quran on the account of the people of Sodom.
There is clear evidence on why this is prohibited today. Most obvious is AIDS.

In Islam, every man earns his rewards in staying on the right path as shown by our beloved prophet Muhammad S.A.W and our sins will be for us alone to bear and will be judged in the after life. It is up to Allah to forgive us or otherwise.

The greed of man in power, wealth and lust caused them to be deviated from the right path. Every sinful things will be pleasurable for man to do, but anything that is full of rewards, man irks from it e.g. giving charity to the poor, respecting the elders like your parents etc.

danial

i mean, what Konrad wants to know about the second coming of jesus is why jesus? why not other prophets?

konrad16660

becoming clearer

things are becoming clearer, but like daniel said I do wonder, "why jesus"?

All the posts have helped so far, and I thank you all for them=)
keep them coming.

Sister_X

:salam2:

Why Jesus?
Jesus(a.s) is the only prophet that millions of people worship, as God's son, equal to God, on with God, God in flash etc. Allah of course is omniscient, Knowing that He(Allah) Saved him, and will bring him back InshaAllah to
correct this false doctrine.

Salaam

things are becoming clearer, but like daniel said I do wonder, "why jesus"?

All the posts have helped so far, and I thank you all for them=)
keep them coming.

Christians & Jews make false accusations of Isa (Jesus) peace be upon that he is the "son of God" but Isa (pbuh) did not die, he will return by the will of Allah (God) to send the message of Islam one more time. Please read below:

In the Name of Allah, The Benevolent, The Merciful

Verse 157-159
That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-
Nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself; and Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise;-
And there is none of the People of the Book but must believe in him before his death; and on the Day of Judgment he will be a witness against them;-

Almighty Allah also revealed:

Verse 55

Behold! Allah said: "O Jesus! I will take thee and raise thee to Myself and clear thee (of the falsehoods) of those who blaspheme; I will make those who follow thee superior to those who reject faith, to the Day of Resurrection: Then shall ye all return unto me, and I will judge between you of the matters wherein ye dispute.

Refutation of the Christians Claim

Allah Disclaims Begetting Anyone - Surah 19, Almighty Allah refuted the claims of the Jews and the Christians in many verses of the Glorious Qur'an:

Verse 88-95

They say: "(Allah) Most Gracious has begotten a son!"
Indeed ye have put forth a thing most monstrous!
At it the skies are ready to burst, the earth to split asunder, and the mountains to fall down in utter ruin,
That they should invoke a son for (Allah) Most Gracious.
For it is not consonant with the majesty of (Allah) Most Gracious that He should beget a son.
Not one of the beings in the heavens and the earth but must come to (Allah) Most Gracious as a servant.
He does take an account of them (all), and hath numbered them (all) exactly.
And everyone of them will come to Him singly on the Day of Judgment.

Allah Disclaims Begetting Anyone

Allah the Exalted also declared:

Verse 100-103

Yet they make the Jinns equals with Allah, though Allah did create the Jinns; and they falsely, having no knowledge, attribute to Him sons and daughters. Praise and glory be to Him! (for He is) above what they attribute to Him!
To Him is due the primal origin of the heavens and the earth: How can He have a son when He hath no consort? He created all things, and He hath full knowledge of all things.
That is Allah, your Lord! there is no god but He, the Creator of all things: then worship ye Him: and He hath power to dispose of all affairs.
No vision can grasp Him, but His grasp is over all vision: He is above all comprehension, yet is acquainted with all things.

Allah Disclaims Begetting Anyone

Verse 171-173

O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) a messenger of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His messengers. Say not "Trinity" : desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is one Allah: Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs.
Christ disdaineth nor to serve and worship Allah, nor do the angels, those nearest (to Allah): those who disdain His worship and are arrogant,-He will gather them all together unto Himself to (answer).
But to those who believe and do deeds of righteousness, He will give their (due) rewards,- and more, out of His bounty: But those who are disdainful and arrogant, He will punish with a grievous penalty; Nor will they find, besides Allah, any to protect or help them.

Solemn_G

About Prophet Isa (pbuh)'s 2nd coming

As-salaamu alaikum

TTI has a lot of articles about Jesus' (pbuh) second coming. He arrives in order to defeat one of the greatest trails for mankind, the Dajjal(the Anti-Christ). Once he returns he will rule by the Qur'an and the Sunnah because you have to take note that when Jesus'(pbuh) returns, he will not be bringing any new messages or rulings, he will rule by what the Final Prophet of Allah, Muhammad(pbuh), brought. So when he comes back he will be a leader for the Muslims until he dies.

Here are some articles about it and the Dajjal:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5809

Also, http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2121

CAUTION, LONG READ. LOL

These are some good articles with a lot of authentic hadiths that give a clear description of how Jesus (pbuh) will return and the Trial of the Anti-Christ.

Salaam