questions posed by non muslim ! HELP

islamdonlyway

:salam2: brothers and sisters, a non muslim has asked some questions, i was not too sure of how to answer them..please help.

there is a verse on gosepel of john were jesus caims something like in his second comeing he wil tel christaisns to get away from him and his not god etc..please give the correct verse ! cant find it !

''ok here is something from the Quran its Surah 2:62 "Those who believe in the Quran and those who follow the Jewish scriptures and the Christians and the Sabians, and who believe in Allah and the last day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord: on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve." ok we do all that stuff and it is saying we will be ok but yet through out the rest of teh Quran it dooms non-believers to hell there a contridaction you will be ok if your a Jew or Christian but yet if you don't believe you will go to hell. Unless I misunderstood it I see a contridiction.''

please help answer the above aswell....jazakallah

justoneofmillion

:salam2: brothers and sisters, a non muslim has asked some questions, i was not too sure of how to answer them..please help.

there is a verse on gosepel of john were jesus caims something like in his second comeing he wil tel christaisns to get away from him and his not god etc..please give the correct verse ! cant find it !

''ok here is something from the Quran its Surah 2:62 "Those who believe in the Quran and those who follow the Jewish scriptures and the Christians and the Sabians, and who believe in Allah and the last day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord: on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve." ok we do all that stuff and it is saying we will be ok but yet through out the rest of teh Quran it dooms non-believers to hell there a contridaction you will be ok if your a Jew or Christian but yet if you don't believe you will go to hell. Unless I misunderstood it I see a contridiction.''

Matthew 7:22-23

22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness'

Is it this one you are referring to brother..

As far as the verse from surah Al bakarah is concerned ,from what I understand it is referring to .

1.The generations that came before the revelation of the Quraan and who are to judge by what Allah swt has revealed in their books therein and no what they have concoted with their hands and sold for an earthly reward.

2.The Quraan was sent down muhaiminan aleihim,as a quality control, a Furquaan in a general sense (A norm of differenciation), between what is false and true in them, since they have been forged ,this inculdes also the "Injil" "Torah" "zabur"(Pslams)..etc. For that matter The bible itself says that it has been corrupted.

"How can you say, 'We are wise, And the law of the LORD is with us'? But behold, the lying pen of the scribes Has made it into a lie.
Jeremiah 8.8

So the Christians and Jews have no choice towards uncontroversial truth but to follow the Quraan since then on.You have to see everything in it s context,In the Quran one verse sheds light on the other.If you read further you will find this verse bellow.

Surah 2, Verse No. 79, which says ‘Then vow to those who write the book with their own hands and then say, this is from Allah,to traffic with it for a miserable price,then vow to those for what their hands do write,then vow to those for what they earn’.

And Allah swt knows best.

Wassalaamu Aleikum

saif

:salam2:

I just want to write something regarding Quran 2:62, which you have quoted in your question. It has been a subject of discussion among scholars, although I could never understand, why it is so difficult to understand. This is how I have learned it: The verse mentions 3 "qualifications" for the followers of different religions for their good deeds to be valid. In the context of Quran, however, it has been assumed to be known, that there is a long list of "disqualifications" too. Rejecting or not accepting a true prophet of God, after the truth has been revealed is most certainly kufr (known rejection or concealment), and belongs most certainly to the list of "disqualifications". That answers your question, where is Islam, if this is enough to enter the paradise.

Again in simplest words it means, given no disqualification applies, the good deeds of those who believe in oneness of God and believe in the day of judgement, are valid and they will get their reward.

I hope it helps.

:wasalam:

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
wa alaykkum assalaam wa rahmathullahi wa barakatuhu,

hope a short lecture by br. Nouman ali khan on the verse would help, in sha Allah.

the whole series is good, alhamdulillah. but if you want download the relevant file and in sha Allah you can have a clear idea.

HERE

include me in your dua's. please.
wasalaam.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge

2:62 "Those who believe in the Quran and those who follow the Jewish scriptures and the Christians and the Sabians, and who believe in Allah and the last day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord: on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve."

ok we do all that stuff and it is saying we will be ok but yet through out the rest of teh Quran it dooms non-believers to hell there a contridaction you will be ok if your a Jew or Christian but yet if you don't believe you will go to hell. Unless I misunderstood it I see a contridiction.''

Assalamu Aleykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakaathuh sister. The answer is real easy and simple:

2:62 "Those who believe in the Quran and those who follow the Jewish scriptures and the Christians and the Sabians, and who believe in Allah and the last day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord: on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve."

This verse means that:

If ANYONE beleives in the Quran (in its entirety), in Allah (SWT) (by the Principals of Tawheed), in The Last Day (that they will have to answer for their deeds), and does righteous deeds (deeds that are only done for Allah (SWT)'s sake), that THEY will have their reward with Allah (SWT) (his forgiveness, and Jannah).

As for "and those who follow the Jewish scriptures and the Christians and the Sabians," :

It reffers to those who follow the CORRECT teachings of the scriptures of the Yahud, the Nasaara, and the Saba'een, and what are those correct teachings/scriptures?

Ans: They are the pure, original, and un-tampered: Zabur (of Dawud), Tawrat (of Musa) and the Injil (of Esa) (ASWS), which these Anbiyyaa were given, and which was FREE from Kufr/Shirk/Bidah that was put into later on by the Munafiqeen (from amongst their nations).

And so, if one follows the CORRECT teachings of the Zabur, Tawrat, and Injil (which is Tawheed, and which order to follow Muhammad [SAW]), and does the above, then they will not be punished.

Also, it reffers to those who were from amongst the nations of Dawud, Musa, and Esa (ASWS) and who were (generaly) called "Sabiens, Jews, and Christians" but beleived in Tawheed, and rejected the Shirk/Kufr/Bidah that their forefather/people added into the books of the Anbiyya (ASWS).

I hope that you understand what I said above. Wallahu a'laamu minaa, Wallahu Bareek Feekum wa Feenaa Ajma'een.

Wa Salamu Aleykum, Warahmatullahi Wabarakaathuh.

Ahsen

I heard this in dr zakir naik's show.He said when ALLAH says to follow his path,Then we should follow the quran.Names doesn't matter if you follow the righteous path.The whole fight is on who is right.

Also the bible and torah were modified unlike the quran.So the only guidance left for humanity is the quran and sunnah.It's simple but people don't listen just for their ego.

islamdonlyway

jazakallah brothers and sisters for your replys, inshallah i sehl forward it to the non muslim...

may allah reward everyone who participated..