quick question

auroran

Asalaamu alaykum wa ramatullaahi wa barakaatu,

I have a quick question. When one wets their head in wudoo, does the roots have to be wet? I have long hair and it's really hard. Plus my hair becomes messy.

:salam2:

Hasan al Amriki

:salam:

According to many scholars (including Imam Abu Hanifah), the roots do NOT have to get wet during Wudhu (you just have to wipe the top of your head-with wet hands, gently wipe your head from the begining of the hairline to the back of your head up to the neck part).

But in Ghusl, the roots of one's hair DOES have to get wet (and it has to get SOAKED also).

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Wa `alaykum salaam wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh

Akh Hasan answered your question maa shaa'Allaah. Remember there is a difference between washing and wiping. The latter is what you do when you do wudoo'. Washing the head is what is done during Ghusl.

Wassalaamu `alaykum

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Alhamdulillaah the brothers have answered you well....
its very difficult for us sisters....lol but once you get accustomed to it. It will get better.

A follow up question though,

lets say you're at school, You cannot take off your Hijab and wipe your hair during wudhoo, can you just wipe off the first part of your hair?? like rigt where your hair starts and then move on?? or is their a different rulling to that as well??

noor aldeen

Asalaamu alaykum wa ramatullaahi wa barakaatu,

I have a quick question. When one wets their head in wudoo, does the roots have to be wet? I have long hair and it's really hard. Plus my hair becomes messy.

jazak allah kerin my sister i dont know th answer

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Alhamdulillaah the brothers have answered you well....
its very difficult for us sisters....lol but once you get accustomed to it. It will get better.

A follow up question though,

lets say you're at school, You cannot take off your Hijab and wipe your hair during wudhoo, can you just wipe off the first part of your hair?? like rigt where your hair starts and then move on?? or is their a different rulling to that as well??

If the conditions around you make it a necessity upon you, then you can wipe over your khimaar... and this is the opinion of the Hanaabilah. Shaykh Ibn `Uthaymeen talked about this in his Sharh of Zaad al-Mustaqni`, and he mentioned how the scholars did Qiyaas (analogy) from the turban of the man to the Khimaar of the women (which is more difficult to remove)... and Shaykh ibn `Uthaymeen brings some evidences from the women folks from the Sahaabah, that they wiped over their khimaar. But as I mentioned, it has to be a "necessity".

auroran

Jazaakum Allaahu khayran for the answers, may Allaah bless you all.

Maybe you can get a cup and fill water with it, and wipe your head in the stalls.