QURAN WAS RIGHT AGAIN!

BrotherZak

At length, when they came to a valley of ants, one of the ants said: "O ye ants, get into your habitations, lest Solomon and his hosts crush you (under foot) without knowing it."
So he smiled, amused at her speech; and he said: "O my Lord! so order me that I may be grateful for Thy favours, which Thou has bestowed on me and on my parents, and that I may work the righteousness that will please Thee: And admit me, by They Grace to the ranks of Thy Righteous Servants."
-- Sura An-Naml [The Ant] (27):18-19

But then there are these Amazing Facts About Ants that in contradiction to the Qur'an, ants do communicate using smells, not modulation of sounds. Solomon could not have heard any talk since ants do not produce any."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

They said the Quran is contradicting science in it's claim that ants can communicate using sound.

And yesterday, Science had this to say.
--------------------------------------------------------------

"Research several decades ago had shown that ants were able to make alarm calls using sounds, but only now has it been shown that their vocabulary may be much bigger and that they can “talk” to each other.

Professor Jeremy Thomas, of the University of Oxford, said improvements in technology had made the discoveries possible because it meant the ants could be recorded and subjected to playbacks without becoming alarmed.

By placing miniature speakers into the nest and playing back sounds made by a queen, the researchers were able to persuade ants to stand to attention.

“When we played the queen sounds they did 'en garde' behaviour. They would stand motionless with their antennae held out and their jaws apart for hours - the moment anyone goes near they will attack,” he said.

He described how the ants would press their antennae to the speaker just as they would seek to greet another ant in the nest.
Francesca Barbero, of the University of Turin, said: “Our new work shows that the role of sound in information exchange within ant colonies has been greatly underestimated.”"

Taken from an article in The Times
( http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/environment/article5672006.ece )
And the findings are also in the journal "Science"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, once again, Science simply confirms what is said in the Quran. Over 1400 years ago.
And I think it will continue to do so for some time.

At length, when they came to a valley of ants, one of the ants said: "O ye ants, get into your habitations, lest Solomon and his hosts crush you (under foot) without knowing it."
So he smiled, amused at her speech; and he said: "O my Lord! so order me that I may be grateful for Thy favours, which Thou has bestowed on me and on my parents, and that I may work the righteousness that will please Thee: And admit me, by They Grace to the ranks of Thy Righteous Servants."
-- Sura An-Naml [The Ant] (27):18-19

slave_of_Allah

Subhana'Allah. The Qur'an is very beautiful, and very true, this is evidence. I pray that the non - muslims learn something from this, and understand that the Qur'an is the true word of Allah. Aameen.

Jazka'Allah Khair for sharing.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Thank you. Wow. I am going to share this with not only my sons, but all my students. Wow!!!!

ps: I love you.

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom

So, once again, Science simply confirms what is said in the Quran. Over 1400 years ago.
And I think it will continue to do so for some time.

Great post, thank you brother,

Allah said what can be translated as:

38 "There is not a moving (living) creature on earth, nor a bird that flies with its two wings, but are communities like you. We have neglected nothing in the Book, then unto their Lord they (all) shall be gathered." Al-Anaam, Chapter #6, Verse #38

Salaam,

Subhanallah! Amazing! Thank you for sharing this insight.

Here is a small article that further gives signs of Allah in ants:

Examining the movement of the ant is thought provoking. It moves its infinitesimal legs in a sequential and extremely organised manner knowing perfectly which leg should take the first step and which the next. It moves very rapidly without faltering.

The Ant lifts crumbs much bigger than its body. It carries them to its nest with heart and soul. It travels distances that are very long in comparison to its tiny body. On featureless land, with no guide at its service, it can easily find its nest. Despite the entrance of the nest being too small even for us to find, it is not confused and finds it no matter where it is.

When one sees in the garden some ants, lined up one after the other, ardently toiling to carry food to their nest, one cannot stop wondering what kind of purpose these tiny living beings might have in working so hard. Then one realises that not only does the ant carry food for itself, but also for other members of its colony, for the queen ant and baby ants. How such a tiny ant, which does not even have a developed brain, knows diligence, discipline and self-sacrifice is a point on which one needs to reflect. After pondering these facts, one reaches the following conclusion: ants, like all other living beings, act by the inspiration of Allah and obey His commands alone.

There is also the story of the spider in the Quran, which you might find very interesting as well:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21173

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
:salam2:

there is no doubt that the quran is the truth. but what people trying to debunk the quran don't realize is that the quran does indeed have miracles contained in it's sacred verses. it's funny that they'll reject the quran over ants being able or not being able to create sound, yet they have no problem believing that someone walked on water, changed water into wine, or a woman gave birth without male intervention.

they don't understand that true belief doesn't come from seeing everything right in front of you, but having faith in what isn't seen.
:wasalam:

ventirr

now i feel bad about squishing ants and spiders in my house...oh my god i was a murderer of ants a a kid :shymuslima1:

Nurain

MashaAllah thank you brother for the detailed explanation!!

I too am a killer of ants... It sounds silly but now I do not kill a single ant anymore. I used to kill ants even when they are not intrusive and strolling about. They have every right to live. =D