radio unity fm in birmingham

saima11

:salam2:

any brothers or sisters from birmingham i just wanted your thoughts on the radio station unity fm, has any1 listened to it, wot are your thoughts, ive not listened to it coz when i decide to it always has a nasheed, well i woodnt call it dat as its full of music and it makes me so mad. let me know plz

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalamu Alykum,

Dont know about Unity FM. But have you checked out Islam Radio. I think i will listen to it when i get time because it seems to be okay.

Wasalam

diamond

YES IV LISTENED TO UNITY, YOU SHOULD LISTEN OVER WEEKEND OR I THINK ITS FRI NIGHT, A BUNCH OF BROTHERS TALK ABOUT ALLSORTS, HAIRY CHESTS, WIFE HUNTING...IT IS SOMETHING YOU WOULD NOT EXPECT ON AN ISLAMIC STATION, I WAS SHOCKED AND TEXT IN MY THOUGHTS...

Globalpeace

Banned
Sisters show!

Asslamo Allaikum,

Revert Sisters who do the Sisters show on Sunday (mid-day???) come to our school and from brief conversations, I understand that the Muslim sister situation in Birmingham needs help.

Sisters are great and kids love them at the school and they are always part of our plans.

May Allah (SWT) reward them for their good-work and efforts. I have their permission to pass their details to any sisters who needs help…

Not sure about the radio station and I have never listened to their show either as listening to women problems on a Sunday afternoon is not my thing :) :) :)

There are bound to Sisters on TTI from Birmingham who know them as well!

saima11

Asslamo Allaikum,

Revert Sisters who do the Sisters show on Sunday (mid-day???) come to our school and from brief conversations, I understand that the Muslim sister situation in Birmingham needs help.

Sisters are great and kids love them at the school and they are always part of our plans.

May Allah (SWT) reward them for their good-work and efforts. I have their permission to pass their details to any sisters who needs help…

Not sure about the radio station and I have never listened to their show either as listening to women problems on a Sunday afternoon is not my thing :) :) :)

There are bound to Sisters on TTI from Birmingham who know them as well!

i will try to listen to the sisters show inshallah, like i said tried once and they had nasheeds on with drums and i call it proper music, i think it was native deen or some group like that then i put it on again and der was i dnt know what to call it but a so called[nasheed] but it was like listening to a bollywood song:astag: .so ive not bothered with it, but alot of brothers and sister talk about it & how good it is.
what school is this, and is it certain area they work in?

Globalpeace

Banned
W-Salam,

Listen to their show and if you want to have a chat with the Sisters, PM me.

School is something that I do with some other Brothers/Sisters; its weekend ONLY but I am also connected with full-time Islamic Schools in Midlands for Muslim children.

I firmly beleive that the answer is in education for our Youth; others may disagree.

i will try to listen to the sisters show inshallah, like i said tried once and they had nasheeds on with drums and i call it proper music, i think it was native deen or some group like that then i put it on again and der was i dnt know what to call it but a so called[nasheed] but it was like listening to a bollywood song:astag: .so ive not bothered with it, but alot of brothers and sister talk about it & how good it is.
what school is this, and is it certain area they work in?

saima11

inshallah i will try n listen 2 it.
jazakallah

W-Salam,

Listen to their show and if you want to have a chat with the Sisters, PM me.

School is something that I do with some other Brothers/Sisters; its weekend ONLY but I am also connected with full-time Islamic Schools in Midlands for Muslim children.

I firmly beleive that the answer is in education for our Youth; others may disagree.

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
Salam

I know this maybe a little off topic but My husband and I are planning inshAllah on moving to the UK, Birrmingham has been one of our top choices.
Can you guys tell me about the area in general I know a lot of the Uk can be really "seperated" how is it in birmingham? and how are the mosques, which ones are best for both men and women??
thanks!

amyaishazouaoui

The best masjid in brimingham (in my opinion) is green lane masjid green lane, small heath.

Birmingham has a wide variety of ethnicities, cultures, religions!!1 But is nice. there are some areas that have become very much like ghetto's but most are quite safe for us to go in. We can go shopping in niqab etc and its quite safe alhamdulillah.

There are good bokshops on coventry road...a good centre for muslims.

If you are looking for a house to rent here a 2 bed terrace is about £550 per month, you can find some cheaper but most start at that and go upwards. If u need 2 know any more just let me know

:wasalam:

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
SAlam Alaikum

Thanks for the info!!!
Have you ever been to Birmingham Central Mosque? I've heard it's a nice one. Also about the "ghetto" areas where are they (which streets to avoid) I want to aviod the bad areas as much as possible.
thanks again!

amyaishazouaoui

SAlam Alaikum

Thanks for the info!!!
Have you ever been to Birmingham Central Mosque? I've heard it's a nice one. Also about the "ghetto" areas where are they (which streets to avoid) I want to aviod the bad areas as much as possible.
thanks again!

They aint bad but just dont expect the peopl on them to speak much english. Central mosque is ok...but they dont really have a great deal going on there as far as i know. The amanah is quite good for activities too. Just sniff around when you get here....dpeend if ou like follow madhab or what your looking for

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
They aint bad but just dont expect the peopl on them to speak much english. Central mosque is ok...but they dont really have a great deal going on there as far as i know. The amanah is quite good for activities too. Just sniff around when you get here....dpeend if ou like follow madhab or what your looking for

My husband practices the hanifi madhab....I don't follow a madhab, no offense to anyone but i would prefer not to attend a salafi mosque, what is the amanah is it a Islamic center? what about the bad areas , where are they :p
sorry for the overload of questions

Globalpeace

Banned
Birmingham (UK)

Asslamo Alaikum Sister,

Personally; I wouldn't want my children growing up in Birmingham and there are lots of economic, social and political reasons for that...I suppose that you can discuss it freely with Sisters & they may agree (or disagree).

There are plenty of nice areas around Birmingham so if its about work; then your hubby can commute in and out!

Birmingham has its roots in working-class ethos, economically challenged first-generation migrants, factory workers etc…

I HATE Birmingham with a passion, but let me try to be balanced, here!

1) GreenLane is not a Salafi Mosque; its Ahlul-Hadeeth but fairly even tempered & mild. Brother Abu Usama is a really nice guy. They don't follow a Madhab but don't negate following a Madhab either....

Salafee Brothers/Sisters split off from GreenLane Mosque & they have their own facilities in Aston and other areas....

2) Central-Mosque is Jamaat-e-Islami oriented with most of the Imams etc. follow the Hanafi Madhab. Shaykh Hasan is a really nice guy as well. They have some good programs and facilities...

3) Brimingham Jamia Mosque (former Saddam Hussain Mosque), Masjid Hamza & Birmingham Tableeghi Markaz are hard-core Hanafi Mosques and for purely English speaking people; language may be an issue....

4) Gamkhaul Shareef & Zia-ul-Qur'aan are Barailwee(spelling???) Mosques so they celebrate the Birthday of Rasul-ullah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) etc; heavily Sufi oriented Mosque.

You will find a lot of reverts connected to 1 & 2; and Sufi reverts in 4.

Nearly all facilities in Birmingham are roughly in this order in terms of abundance:

a) Hanafi but NON-SUFI
b) Hanafi & SUFI
c) Tableeghi
d) Jamaat-e-Islami
e) Ahlul-Hadeeth
f) Salafi

Point is whatever your orientation is; you will find it very close to you in Birmingham.

Economically, Birmingham is growing at a rapid rate, business and job opportunities are plenty.

My husband practices the hanifi madhab....I don't follow a madhab, no offense to anyone but i would prefer not to attend a salafi mosque, what is the amanah is it a Islamic center? what about the bad areas , where are they :p
sorry for the overload of questions

amyaishazouaoui

I agree with GP about birmingham but it all depends on how much cash you have!!!!

If you have a bit of money, then solihull is nice to live so too sutton coldfield and areas in north warwickshire and around iron bridge/ bridgenorth out in the counrty is nice too.

The nicer areas of Birmingham are generally in the south of the city, hall green, kins heath, moseley, hollywood, wythall, shirley. But then there are nice villages the other side of solihull such as Dorridge and Knowle.

If you need pictures give me a shout!!

AAZ

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)

I didnt know there is such thing as hardcore hanafi....

What is the difference between ahlulhadeeth and salafees. i thought they are the same:confused:

One thing i am beginning to realise is that lots of Pakistanis are marrying reverts. Is that true???

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
Thanks everyone!

I was recommended to take a look at these places some of which Aisha has already mentioned :)

Sparkhill
Balsall Heath
Small Heath
Alum Rock
Solihull
Handsworth
Smethwick
Sutton Coldfield

I personally thought Balsall heath was interesting because of the history of the city. Went from a "dump" to a thriving and clean community. But I haven't looked through all the towns yet :p
My husband is a computer programmer, he has worked in Saudi for a few years but then when he moved to Canada he had a very very hard time getting work (they said lack of Canadian experience)only now 2 yrs after getting a work permit has he finally gotten something in his field, Is Britain like that too when it comes to finding jobs?

amyaishazouaoui

Thanks everyone!

I was recommended to take a look at these places some of which Aisha has already mentioned :)

Sparkhill
Balsall Heath
Small Heath
Alum Rock
Solihull
Handsworth
Smethwick
Sutton Coldfield

I personally thought Balsall heath was interesting because of the history of the city. Went from a "dump" to a thriving and clean community. But I haven't looked through all the towns yet :p
My husband is a computer programmer, he has worked in Saudi for a few years but then when he moved to Canada he had a very very hard time getting work (they said lack of Canadian experience)only now 2 yrs after getting a work permit has he finally gotten something in his field, Is Britain like that too when it comes to finding jobs?

If i had a choice I would live in Solihull, Sutton Coldfield,balsall heath, small heath, sparkhill, alum rock, smethick and then handsworth!! - in that order!!!!

Get a map of birmingham and have a look!!! Look on birmingham.gov.uk to look at schools. you can also look on many websites to look for jobs, jobs are quite easy to find, it just depends on what he is looking for!!

Make sure u pop in for a cuppa if you end up here!!!!

Globalpeace

Banned
Half the World population!

Asslamo Allaikum,

I truly don’t believe that anyone who is an outdoors person, likes nature etc. can happily live in Birmingham. Nothing against Birmingham but its compressed, congested and boxy!

Now Singapore is also compressed, congested and boxy; but has some class, sophistication and finesse, which Birmingham lacks with the utmost respect to all who live there (including some family). Singapore is cool for a holiday but after a while you feel suffocated, just like Hong Kong.

My hatred for boxy cities is legendary! :)

Statistics released today now confirm that HALF of world population now lives in cities…Now that’s shocking to any free-space-loving-person-like-me!

So if you have the means then live outside of Birmingham, enjoy outdoors, fresh air & your family will love you & love life, Insha’Allah.

Hardcore Hanafees: People who follow tradition (from back home) thinking that it is the Madhab of Imam Abu Haneefa (RA)...and they are closed to all rhyme & reason.

There is a massive difference in attitude and general social skills between Salafees & Ahlul-Hadith. In Aqeedah and Minhaj they are similar but with some subtle differences which are critical to life in the West.

Reverts marrying Pakistanees: Some do, some don’t…I can’t say that there is an increase or decrease in that area. Personal choice of Brothers & Sisters; I suppose.

Mr Right & Ms Perfect are hard to guage!

Taufeeq Chaudry (Yasir Qadhi’s team) who is an Australian; made some interesting comments about Australian Revert Sisters (which are equally applicable in UK & the West in my observation) and I will e-mail you in private about it; nothing to do with Pakistanees, I must add.

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best

If i had a choice I would live in Solihull, Sutton Coldfield,balsall heath, small heath, sparkhill, alum rock, smethick and then handsworth!! - in that order!!!!

Get a map of birmingham and have a look!!! Look on birmingham.gov.uk to look at schools. you can also look on many websites to look for jobs, jobs are quite easy to find, it just depends on what he is looking for!!

Make sure u pop in for a cuppa if you end up here!!!!

He'll be looking for an IT job inshAllah

"Make sure u pop in for a cuppa if you end up here!!!!"

inshAllah that would be nice

FiaminAllah