Ramblings of a revert struggling to return to Islam.

Ahmed ibn Ibrahim

alhamdulilah
CHAPTER 1: Darkness before dawn.

I can't possibly keep going on like this.

It's unbearable... Knowing the truth, what is better for me, and acting against it simply isn't sustainable. Back when my lifestyle reflected Islam, I didn't go through every moment of each hour across months at a time feeling… guilty. I feel almost empty right now, and talking about an issue from my perspective that is rarely acknowledged is very much humiliating.

It's because this ummahtic problem is so rarely spoken on that I've decided to reach out.

It all started with a single sin. I can trace it back precisely. When I made a mistake that time I did so intentionally, knowing fully the implications, and afterwards I refused to repent. Things were always on the up and up in the beginning, before everything seemed to become so complicated, and whenever I'd make a mistake I would always repent and correct myself. But not that time.

Later on, I committed a second sin. A third after that. Suddenly the challenge of repenting turned into an even more overwhelming task. Days went by, then weeks, then months... At this point I couldn't honestly tell you how many sins I've done in total. =/ It freakin' sucks, eh? Allah (SWT) knows precisely, though; He has each one written down in full and one day I'll be handed that book in review, held to account by the highest court possible.

I'm worried about that day. Are you? Maybe this is what the Christians mean when they say that the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom... 'coz I sure hope so!

My ramblings don't end there: I'm not going to keep on like this! Things are going to change for the better once again, inshaAllah! There's too much at stake and so much good that's yet to be done. I must allow Allah to guide me through my days again if I'm going to make the most out of this life, and the one hereafter! Who knows when I’ll die other than God? There’s so much going on in the world today, and things only seem to be spiraling towards a frightening future... Am I going to die a hypocrite? May Allah (SWT) not fate that for anyone reading these words!

There’s only one way out of this disposition: Complete and total submission to Allah (SWT). Looking up on my dusty bookshelf I see the one book that offers an appropriate Message, complex yet simple. The Message originates from a frequency I cannot see, hear, touch, smell, or taste… but my heart can sense its presence nonetheless. It’s been there all my life, although sometimes I must admit that I’ve ignored it.

Each paragraph challenges my mind, laborious and calculated.

Repenting to God is a lot like going downstairs into the family-room, sitting across from your parents, and taking the initiative to admit that you’ve done something terribly wrong, except that mom and dad don’t decide your soul’s destiny! Doing it or not doing it will ultimately determine character in a person, and the consequences for those choices are often beyond our understanding. Allah (SWT) has promised the ummah of rasulu-Allah that even if our sins were as high as the mountain’s peak He would still forgive everything if we come back to Him with sincere hearts. Our minds must be focused and in complete control of every function that our bodies provide – Our hands, our voices, our actions… all of it must again be brought under submission to Allah (SWT).

What’s holding you back? What can’t you let go of? What part of The Message didn’t you understand?!

To be continued…

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Really good read.

Repenting to God is a lot like going downstairs into the family-room, sitting across from your parents, and taking the initiative to admit that you’ve done something terribly wrong, except that mom and dad don’t decide your soul’s destiny! Doing it or not doing it will ultimately determine character in a person, and the consequences for those choices are often beyond our understanding.
Thing is right, ...Parents didn't know about it until you decided to say, but Allaah already knew, He knew all along. With parents you can say 'see its like this, but I meant it like this, I dont think such an such was fair etc..:girl3:' (yeh im a pro ;) jks)

With Allaah you got no words like that, can't paint over a mistake with Allaah, nor should one deceive themselves into thinking they can.

Ahmed ibn Ibrahim

alhamdulilah
:salam2:

Brothers, sisters, I need to ask for your help finding relevant quotes from the Qur'an, haddith, and any constructive thoughts you have on this subject. JazakAllah khair!

:wasalam:

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah
:salam2:

Mashallah brother i read these words and iam drawn to a surah i read days ago that gave me hope and brought tears to my eyes i hope they bring you relief and hope.:hijabi:

Surah Al Inshirah (the expansion of the breast)

1. Have we not Expanded thee thy breast?
2. And removed from thee thy burden
3.The which did gall they back?
4. And raised high the esteem (in which) thou (art held)
5. SO, VERILY WITH EVERY DIFFICULTY THERE IS RELIEF
6. VERILY, WITH EVERY DIFFICULTY THERE IS RELIEF
7. Therefore, when thou art free(from thine immediate task) still labour hard,
8. And to thy Lord Turn (All) thy attention.

Inshallah with every difficultly may Allah offer us his relief:hearts: ameen

Wa salam