Religious issues

Bottlecap

Hello my Islamic friends, I've been a way a while and it's been a conscious decision, not that anyone here has offended me, quite to opposite, I've been dealing with thoughts and internal conversations in my heart that has really lead me to a crisis of faith. I am having a hard time being accepting of a God who allows children to starve, murder and genocide to happen, and also something as simple as why wouldn't a God who loves us replace amputated limbs?

I'm not trying to dissuade anyone from their faith, this is just what's been on my heart.

Peace to all of you.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
Hello my Islamic friends, I've been a way a while and it's been a conscious decision, not that anyone here has offended me, quite to opposite, I've been dealing with thoughts and internal conversations in my heart that has really lead me to a crisis of faith. I am having a hard time being accepting of a God who allows children to starve, murder and genocide to happen, and also something as simple as why wouldn't a God who loves us replace amputated limbs?

I'm not trying to dissuade anyone from their faith, this is just what's been on my heart.

Peace to all of you.
:salam2:

as a person that has had crises in my faith before; all i can say is that this life is a life full of tests. whatever our situations are, we are being tested by the use of our time and situation. for example, for some time i have been hoping to get married soon. i haven't found my wife yet and at times i feel greatly discouraged; but do i say to myself " go and commit fornication, it's too hard to wait for marriage? " or do i go out and drink beers because i feel depressed? no. i see these things as tests of my obedience to ALLAH SWT. each and every one of us has their own personal jihad ( struggle ) that they must overcome. the rich are tested by how well will they use their riches for the sake of good. the poor are tested to see if they are grateful to ALLAH SWT despite the very little they may have etc. each and every one of us all have purposes and there may be questions or things that we do not understand, but faith requires that we leave things in God's hands. that is done by trusting in Him.

yes, there are many great injustices going on in the world, but you know what? there will be a day of reckoning when those that have done injustices to people will be called into account. there are going to be people that thought they were big shots here in this earth, but when the angel of death comes for them, they'll realize that they were among the losers, not of the winners. so don't let the fact that bad things happen, ever discouraging you from having faith, but rather have faith that in time justice will prevail.
:wasalam:

palestine

Servant of Allah
hi bottel cap i agree with the top things the brother said. you see in life we are tested to see if we will endure, if we will trust in Allah and be patient or if we will react in a way that leads to failure. after every hardship there is ease- allah said that. and it's true. there is evil, there is good, there is right and wrong and we are the ones who make the choices. tests make people stronger physically, and mentally. so there is not injustice without justice.
i hope u understand. i must go now.
peace.

Faiza619

Strangers on earth

Peace to all of you.

:salam2:
Dear Bottle cap, i would like to ask you one question.
If Eveything was perfect then why would we have Jannat and Jahanam?
The devil when he was chased from Jannat he vowed he would mislead mankind so that they would disobey Allah and Allah gave him the permission because he wanted to test humankind.
According to the state we are in today i think Satan has been very successful Astaghfirullah.
But Allah gave us a choice to choose from and if we make a wrong mistake and dont repent then we are doomed.
All we need to understand is that Allah is testing our Emaan and Allah Knows best.
May Allah save us from *!*!*!*!an Almaluun :tti_sister:
Have trust in Allah and all will be well

Nazihah

Be A Stranger
Hi there,

"He Who created Death and Life, that He may try which of you is best in deed: and He is the Exalted in Might, Oft-Forgiving- " Surah Al-Mulk:2
As the above verse mention "He may try which of you is best in deed". The sufferings that people are going through are tests from the God Almighty; in going through the trials with patience and perseverance.
"Nay seek (Allah's) help with patient perseverance and prayer: it is indeed hard, except to those who are humble. (45) Who bear in mind the certainty that they are to meet their Lord, and that they are to return to Him. (46) " Al-Baqara
"But those among them who are well-grounded in knowledge, and the believers, believe in what hath been revealed to thee and what was revealed before thee: And (especially) those who establish regular prayer and practise regular charity and believe in Allah and in the Last Day: To them shall We soon give a great reward." An-Nisa:162
Allah rewards those who believe in Him, who acts righteously and to those who submit to His will.

"It is He Who made the sun to be a shining glory and the moon to be a light (of beauty), and measured out stages for her; that ye might know the number of years and the count (of time). Nowise did Allah create this but in truth and righteousness. (Thus) doth He explain His Signs in detail, for those who understand. " Yunus:5
What more can you deny?

And call in remembrance the favour of Allah unto you, and His covenant, which He ratified with you, when ye said: "We hear and we obey": And fear Allah, for Allah knoweth well the secrets of your hearts.(7) O ye who believe! stand out firmly for Allah, as witnesses to fair dealing, and let not the hatred of others to you make you swerve to wrong and depart from justice. Be just: that is next to piety: and fear Allah. For Allah is well-acquainted with all that ye do. (8)To those who believe and do deeds of righteousness hath Allah promised forgiveness and a great reward.(9) " Al-Maeda

If you read the above verses , Allah commands mankind to be just. "l
et not the hatred of others to you make you swerve to wrong and depart from justice." This shows that there are wrongdoers, oppressors that will make it difficult for you to go through this life.

This life are full of trials and tribulations. The ones who will succeed are those who are patient, who persevere, believe, does good and to those who turn to Allah.

"Who have believed and whose hearts have rest in the remembrance of Allah. Verily in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest!" Al-Rad:28

"For those who believe and work righteousness, is (every) blessedness, and a beautiful place of (final) return." Al-Rad:29

Peace:hijabi:

Almeftah

Since HE is the creator of all creatures including mankind then it is not for us to question why HE would take an eye sight or one of ones limbs or cause one to have an accidant or lose a loved one.. we are HIS creation, and we have no choice but to obey Allah the best ways we can.

May Allah guide you and us to what HE pleases.

Bottlecap

Thanks for all the replys. Just to clear up any confusion, I'm not Muslim, I used to see myself as Christian, but currently can't do that anymore, as I am struggling with the questions that I brought up.

Thanks for your help and prayers my friends.

Peace

--Bottlecap

Amir_of_spain

Hello Bottkecap. If you examine the test that was given to prophet Abraham, which was sacrifacing his son, we see here the significance was to see if Abraham had greater love and desire for his son over God. Abraham could have refused and said, i love my son too much and i dont want to lose him, however Abraham knew that God is testing him, and that there is logic, reason behind this test, and that it was a specific test most suited to him, and that God commands with widom. So the same principle can apply today. People are tested with poverty, hardship, loss, and others are equally tested but in opposite manner ie tested with wealth, power and status. But in either situation the duration of the test is fixed, meaning the poverty wont last forever, neither will the easy life given to a rich guy, but how the individual behaves under those circumstances is the key. And it is a means to elevate that person in the next life, and be a means of them being rewarded (paradise), enter heaven.
So what we say in religion, is that we should try to worship/obey god, simply because of god's greatness, so whether we are in good/bad times it should not affect or change our belief or worship. And if one is not able to do that, then 2ndly we should worship god because of the favours he has given us eg life, existence, ability to breathe, mind, body, family etc. However the problem with this 2nd option is that if god takes away a favour from a person, a single loss can affect someone's faith (if theyre weak), so worshipping god soley on his favours is a weaker position. But bear in mind, every situation is a test, and the test will end, but God always test someone to their ability, and never exceeds so that the scenario/test is impossible for them to pass. So we have the opportunity to achieve our full potential as human beings, and elevate our positions high through good deeds and patiences, or we can give up easily, follow our desires, but this wont give true happinesse/contentment in this life, and the regret in the hereafter will be very sad, terrible.

ripefig

My dear brother in humanity, if these miracles begin to happen as it did in the past the matter would be settled between us and our Lord. Many nations witnessed greater miracles than a limb regenerating and still rejected faith, thus they were destroyed. Sometimes we look for something out of the ordinary that we miss the obvious. I will give you an example, I was getting a lot of problems with my van. I did the necessary tune up to solve the problem. I still had the same problem after replacing some components. I stalled in front a police officer who was giving me a hard time. I prayed to find the problem, after a while I touched a wire which was the problem all along. My beloved brother in humanity, if we look at the scars which most of us have on our body, isn't it miraculous how the cells regenerate to stop the bleeding? If not we would bleed to death or be in pain until we die!!! I know many who had broken bones and it regenerated to heal itself. Millions of cells regenerate in our body to keep us alive and healthy (PROOF):- When someone dies the body will start to decay in a very short time. Every breath we take is a mercy from our creator. If you agree with any of the above you will not have a problem becoming a believer. I hope that my words were beneficial to you, myself, and anyone who reads it AMEEN

PEACE

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Brother Bottlecap thank you for coming to TTI. That initself is a sign. You are not alone. What you are doing is waking up from a slumber that has kept you numb. Your senses are reawakening. We are here to be with you. We are the brothers and sisters of the home of love and peace. Please keep writing to us..no matter what you state is. We are here to love and not judge.

Bottlecap

Salaam,

Brother Bottlecap thank you for coming to TTI. That initself is a sign. You are not alone. What you are doing is waking up from a slumber that has kept you numb. Your senses are reawakening. We are here to be with you. We are the brothers and sisters of the home of love and peace. Please keep writing to us..no matter what you state is. We are here to love and not judge.

Thank you for the kind words. It's funny how the world works. Once I was checking out a book "Idiots guide to Islam" and a person behind me mentioned that he commended me for getting the book, turns out he was the local Imam. We ended up having coffee together and talking for a few hours, then he pulled something out of his bag and said "I felt like I should bring this with me and I didn't know why, I think you are meant to have it." It was a copy of the Nobel Qur’an. Which I have kept with me.

Regards,

~~Bottlecap

Boomerang

Thank you for the kind words. It's funny how the world works. Once I was checking out a book "Idiots guide to Islam" and a person behind me mentioned that he commended me for getting the book, turns out he was the local Imam. We ended up having coffee together and talking for a few hours, then he pulled something out of his bag and said "I felt like I should bring this with me and I didn't know why, I think you are meant to have it." It was a copy of the Nobel Qur’an. Which I have kept with me.

Regards,

~~Bottlecap

Wow! thats great. Allahu Akbar!

Almeftah

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

The only reason why Allah created us is for us to worship him with faith and dedication.
(51:56)I created the jinn and humankind only that they might worship Me.

So Allah may descend a plague or misfortune upon people for 2 reasons:

1. To see how faithful they are: people of good faith will thank Allah even when bad things happen to them, Because true believers know that everything in this world happens Only when Allah says it to be, and that its a test from him.
(2:155)And surely We shall try you with something of fear and hunger, and loss of wealth and lives and crops; but give glad tidings to the steadfast, (2:156) Who say, when a misfortune striketh them: Lo! we are Allah's and lo! unto Him we are returning. (2:157) Such are they on whom are blessings from their Lord, and mercy. Such are the rightly guided.
And people are known to be closer to Allah in times of need.
(29:65)And when they mount upon the ships they pray to Allah, making their faith pure for Him only, but when He bringeth them safe to land, behold! they ascribe partners (unto Him)

2. To punish them for some of thier wrongdoing: (42:30)Whatever of misfortune striketh you, it is what your right hands have earned. And He forgiveth much.

It is believed that when muslims endure and bear such misfortune, It may purify them from the sins they made, Then Allah may be willing to reward them in this life or the life of hereafter, or both.

cmelbouzaidi

Dear Brother Bottlecap,

We must remember that this life here in this world is just a short journey. There are terrible injustices in this world, human beings do terrible things to one another. Our trial is patience and worship. Those who have suffered most terribly in this world with starvation or are born into a deadly disease, like AIDS, if they are steadfast in their worship of the Almighty, they will have the most beautiful life in the Hereafter. As Muslims, it is one of our major duties to help ease the suffering of others in any way we can. We can help curb the malaria crisis by buying mosquito nets for the poorest of the poor in Africa and Asia, help get families get back on their feet in the many war-torn areas of this world. Allah is the most merciful and the All-Knowing so we must submit totally to Him and remember that in a blink of an eye, this part of our journey in life will be over. Let's do all we can to pass the test, the most important one ever.... the test of faith :)

Bottlecap

Dear Brother Bottlecap,

We must remember that this life here in this world is just a short journey. There are terrible injustices in this world, human beings do terrible things to one another. Our trial is patience and worship. Those who have suffered most terribly in this world with starvation or are born into a deadly disease, like AIDS, if they are steadfast in their worship of the Almighty, they will have the most beautiful life in the Hereafter. As Muslims, it is one of our major duties to help ease the suffering of others in any way we can. We can help curb the malaria crisis by buying mosquito nets for the poorest of the poor in Africa and Asia, help get families get back on their feet in the many war-torn areas of this world. Allah is the most merciful and the All-Knowing so we must submit totally to Him and remember that in a blink of an eye, this part of our journey in life will be over. Let's do all we can to pass the test, the most important one ever.... the test of faith :)

And that's what i have problems with my friend, the test the hearing about all the pain in the world and asking "why isn't Allah doing anything to stop it?"

Ibn_Syena

Peace...
And that's what i have problems with my friend, the test the hearing about all the pain in the world and asking "why isn't Allah doing anything to stop it?"

Hi brother

Beside the great answers provided by brothers and sisters here, I found the following fatwa (relegious openion) that may shed some light on the topic, and give you a part of the answer in chaa' Allah (god willing). Here;

The wisdom behind calamities

Question:
I often hear that there is great wisdom behind the calamities that befall people. What is this wisdom?.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

Yes, there is great wisdom behind calamities, including the following:
1 – To attain true submission and servitude (‘uboodiyyah) to Allaah, the Lord of the Worlds.
Many people are slaves to their whims and desires and are not true slaves of Allaah. They say that they are slaves of Allaah, but when they are tested they turn on their heels and lose out in this world and in the Hereafter, and that is an evident loss. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“And among mankind is he who worships Allaah as it were upon the edge (i.e. in doubt): if good befalls him, he is content therewith; but if a trial befalls him he turns back on his face (i.e. reverts to disbelief after embracing Islam). He loses both this world and the Hereafter. That is the evident loss”
[al-Hajj 22:11]
2 – Trials prepare the believers to prevail on earth
It was said to Imam al-Shaafa’i (may Allaah have mercy on him): Which is better, patience or tests or prevailing? He said: Prevailing is the level attained by the Prophets, and there can be no prevailing except after trials. If a person is tried he will become patient, and if he remains patient he will prevail.
3 – Expiation of sins
al-Tirmidhi (2399) narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Trials will continue to befall the believing man or woman in himself, his child and his wealth until he meets Allaah with no sin on him.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (2399), classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah, 2280.
It was narrated that Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) “When Allaah wills good for His slave, He hastens the punishment for him in this world, and when Allaah wills ill for His slave, he withholds the punishment for his sins from him his sin until he comes with all his sins on the Day of Resurrection.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (2396); classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah (1220).
4 – Attainment of reward and a rise in status
Muslim (2572) narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The believer is not harmed by a thorn or anything greater, but Allaah will raise him in status thereby, or erase a sin thereby.”
5 – Calamities provide an opportunity to think about one's faults and shortcomings and past mistakes.
Because if it is a punishment, what was the sin?
6 – Calamity is a lesson in Tawheed, faith and trust in Allaah
It shows you in a practical sense what you really are, so you will realize that you are a weak slave, and you have no strength and no power except with your Lord, then you will put your trust in Him in a true sense, and will turn to Him in a true sense, and put aside your position, pride, arrogance, self-admiration and heedlessness, and you will understand that you are poor and in need of your Lord, and you are weak and need to turn to the Most Strong, the Almighty, may He be glorified.
Ibn al-Qayyim said:
Were it not that Allaah treats His slaves with the remedy of trials and calamities, they would transgress and overstep the mark. When Allaah wills good for His slaves, He gives him the medicine of calamities and trials according to his situation, so as to cure him from all fatal illnesses and diseases, until He purifies and cleanses him, and then makes him qualified for the most honourable position in this world, which is that of being a true slave of Allaah (‘uboodiyyah), and for the greatest reward in the Hereafter, which is that of seeing Him and being close to Him. End quote.
Zaad al-Ma’aad, 4/195
7 – Calamities drive out self-admiration from our hearts and bring them closer to Allaah
Ibn Hajr said: Yoonus ibn Bukayr narrated in Ziyaadaat al-Maghaazi that al-Rabee’ ibn Anas said: A man said on the day of Hunayn: “We will never be defeated today for lack of numbers.” That upset the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and then they were defeated.
Ibn al-Qayyim said in Zaad al-Ma’aad (3/477):
In His wisdom, Allaah decreed that the Muslims should first taste the bitterness of defeat, despite their great numbers and adequate equipment and strength, so as to humble some people who felt proud as a result of the conquest of Makkah and who had not entered His land and His sanctuary as the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) had entered it, bending his head whilst riding his horse to the extent that his chin almost touched the saddle, out of humbleness before his Lord.
Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“And that Allaah may test (or purify) the believers (from sins) and destroy the disbelievers”
[Aal ‘Imraan 3:141]
al-Qaasimi (4/239) said:
i.e., to cleanse them and purify them of sin and of pride and arrogance. He also cleanses them of the hypocrites, and make them stand out distinct from them… then He mentions another reason, which is “to destroy the disbelievers”, for if they prevail they will transgress and overstep the mark, which will be the cause of their downfall and destruction. The laws of Allaah dictate that when He wants to destroy His enemies and erase them, he makes available to them the means which will lead to their doom and eradication, among the greatest of which, after their kufr, is their transgression and tyranny in persecuting, opposing and fighting His close friends… Allaah destroyed those who waged war against the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) on the day of Uhud and persisted in kufr. End quote.
8 – To demonstrate the true nature of people, for there are people whose virtue is unknown until calamity strikes
al-Fudayl ibn ‘Iyaad said: As long as people are doing fine, their true nature is concealed, but when calamity strikes, their true natures are revealed, so the believer resorts to his faith and the hypocrite resorts to his hypocrisy.
Al-Bayhaqi narrated in al-Dalaa’il that Abu Salamah said: Many people were confused – i.e., after the Isra’ – and some people came to Abu Bakr and told him. He said: “I bear witness that he is telling the truth.” They said: “Do you believe that he went to Syria in one night then came back to Makkah?” He said: “Yes, and I believe him in more than that, I believe what he says of the Revelation that comes to him from heaven.” And because of that he was named al-Siddeeq.
9 – Calamities strengthen people’s resolve
Allaah chose for His Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) a hard life filled with all kinds of hardship from a young age, in order to prepare him for the great mission that awaited him, which none could bear but the strongest of men, who have gone through hardship and who are tested with calamities and bear them with patience.
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was born an orphan, then it was not long before his mother died too.
Allaah reminded the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) of that when He said (interpretation of the meaning):
“Did He not find you O Muhammad) an orphan and give you a refuge?”
[al-Duha 93:6]
It is as if Allaah wanted to prepare the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) to bear responsibility and endure hardship from an early age.
10 – Another reason behind calamities and hardship is that a person becomes able to distinguish between true friends and friends who only have their own interests at heart.
11 – Calamities remind you of your sins so that you can repent from them.
Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“Whatever of good reaches you, is from Allaah, but whatever of evil befalls you, is from yourself”
[al-Nisa’ 4:79]
“And whatever of misfortune befalls you, it is because of what your hands have earned. And He pardons much”
[al-Shoora 42:30]
Calamities offer an opportunity to repent before the greater punishment comes on the Day of Resurrection. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“And verily, We will make them taste of the near torment (i.e. the torment in the life of this world, i.e. disasters, calamities) prior to the supreme torment (in the Hereafter), in order that they may (repent and) return (i.e. accept Islam)”
[al-Sajdah 32:21]
The “near torment” is hardship in this world and bad things that happen to a person.
If life continues to be easy, a person may become conceited and arrogant, and think that he has no need of Allaah, so by His mercy He tests people so that they may return to Him.
12 – Calamities show you the true nature of this world and its transience, and that it is temporary conveniences, and shows us that true life is that which is beyond this world, in a life in which there is no sickness or exhaustion.
“Verily, the home of the Hereafter that is the life indeed (i.e. the eternal life that will never end), if they but knew”
[al-‘Ankaboot 29:64]
But this life is just hardship and exhaustion.
“Verily, We have created man in toil”
[al-Balad 90:4]
13 – Calamities remind you of the great blessings of good health and ease.
This calamity shows you in the clearest way the meaning of health and ease that you enjoyed for many years, but did not taste their sweetness or appreciate them fully.
Calamities remind you of blessings and the One Who bestows them, and cause you to thank and praise Allaah for His blessings.
14 – Longing for Paradise
You will never long for Paradise until you taste the bitterness of this world. How can you long for Paradise when you are content with this world?
This is some of the wisdom behind calamities, and the interests attained by them, and the wisdom of Allaah is great indeed.
And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ref=35914&ln=eng

Abel213

Rasullulah:)saw:) says that the worst calamities aren't the ones of hunger and pain. The worst is wealth.

(from Signs of Qiyamah)
WEALTH - A GREAT TRIAL

Hadhrat Ka’b Ibn lyaadh (R.A.) narrates "I heard Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) saying, "Every Ummat had some Trial (Fitnah) and the Fitnah of my Ummah is wealth.
(Tirmidhi)

According to another narration Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) has said, "I do not fear poverty overtaking my Ummah, but rather I fear that they might become wealthy and are destroyed like the people of before.

Hadhrat Amr bin Auf (R.A.) narrates that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said: "By Allah I do not fear poverty and starvation overtaking you, but I fear that you will have abundant wealth at your disposal as it had been at the disposal of the nations before you. You will then become extremely greedy in accumulating this wealth (showing no regard for Halaal and Haraam) just as the previous nations had done. This (greed) will be the cause of your ruin and destruction just as it destroyed the people before you".
(Bukhari and Muslim)

http://www.muslimaccess.com/ebooks/signs_of_qiyamah.asp

wantobeMumin

if there was no injustice then how could we differentiate between good and evil?

Wallahi Allah is just it us that we are unable to comprehend His wisdom and knowledge. Allah does not put on someone more than she/he can not afford.
remember the hadith where our prophet said that a persons sins keep on shedding like dry leaves from a tree when he or she is sick. Remember when He once told sahabas that there is a guy living in such a street in such a house who will go to jannah and when curious sahabas went to seek such a person they only found him with a disease of epilepsy.
please look at the world in broader perspective and have Faith in Allah firmly and ask Allah to open our hearts and minds so can see and understands things properly. Ameen

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Hello and welcome Bottlecap!

I appreciate that you share with us your deepest feelings, worries and concerns.

I assume there is a little miracle in the life of every believer in God otherwise it would be hard to believe.

The tendency not to believe is much greater because no one has ever seen God nor has anyone ever heard him (except certain prophets which again requires the belief to accept such occurence).

BUT WHAT WOULD BE THE POINT OF TESTING WHEN EVERYONE SAW/HEARD GOD? "FAITH" WOULD BE A MEANINGLESS CONCEPT.

I also assume that almost everyone, believer or not, struggles with this basic question at one time of his/her life or another.

I am no exception.
No one will be able to fill your heart with faith and I am one of them, but what I can do is to share with you my experience of being a believer.

To me, the existence of every atom is a sign of God, not only of his existence, but of his wisdom and greatness too.

Fitting in such a huge amount of energy in such small atoms is out of the norm of our (human's) perception, yet it is a proven/tested fact.

Just a few kilos uranium can release abundace of energy.

The harmony in the universe, the unique order in things as small as atom and as large as solar system are all signs.

These are not signs of conincedence. Conincedence is too optimistic to be true and far more difficult to believe.

The existence of knowledge, the creative ability of human mind, our ability to construct speech and to imagine are all indicative of the fact that it is not just the matter that exists, but something else too.

That something which can not be defined in terms of matter is the soul.
If we can comprehend and accept the existence of soul, surely it will get easier to accept the next step which is the existence of God.

Abstract phenomenons such as happiness and pain, fear and anger, pain and love are facts which we can not deny, yet we can't quantify them nor can we examplify them.

We are unable to express them in terms of matter yet we understand eachother while talking about it.

Perhaps I am wrong, but I think the answer lies in your question.

I am having a hard time being accepting of a God who allows children to starve, murder and genocide to happen, and also something as simple as why wouldn't a God who loves us replace amputated limbs?

Along these lines, you are expressing your desire for justice.
What is justice and why do you feel (somewhere inside you) the need for it?

When you see someone in pain, when you see injustice this is where you and I come in.

One is being tested how he/she uses their powers and the other is tested on weither he/she will do something to stop it.

It not only tests our physical and financial aspects, but our concience too. To see how clean do we keep it.

In a world where there is no pain and no lost limbs does exist with God, but that is after the good and the evil are distinguished.

Each deserves their respective destiny which he/she earns it with their own hands when he/she has a full ability to do something about/for it.

I wish i could explain myself clearer, but hope you had a glimpse of my inner feelings towards the question you are struggling with.

Peace

Bottlecap

I've been doing a lot of reflection on this, and have spent a lot of time in meditation on this as well. I did try and pray the other day, but I didn't because I didn't want to be wrong, and i felt praying when I have so many doubts would be wrong. I think I am coming to realize as cliché as it sounds Allah/God "moves in mysterious ways" I think I am demanding proof for my faith. Thank you for your prays my friends.

Peace