Reminder: The White Days

Ibn_Syena

Peace...
As Salamu Alekum Warahmatu ALLAHI wabaraktuh
Dear brothers and sisters

I want to remind myself and all of you to do fasting at the three white days. It is a common rubric SUNNA and rewarded as fasting the whole life as mentioned in Hadith sahih.

These days are called three white days because the full moon shine at their nights.

Scholars explained how doing fast of these days as fasting the whole life by saying that
The good deed (hassanat) is rewarded 10 times its value
So if any one fasts those 3 days then it will be as fasting (3*10 = 30 days = 1 month), and if he keep doing that every month it will be as fasting the whole life.

The 3 white days are the 13, 14, and 15 of each arabic (moon) month. It will correspond in the current arabic month (Jumady Al Aoul) to the next Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday OR 18, 19, and 20 May 2008.

May ALLAH Accept our fasting

Plz Forward this message now and do not make it stop at ur PC

Jazakum ALLAHU Khayran

OsMaN_93

Here to help
:salam2:
well i hope som1 gives this thread a push on the first day, so we dont forget. :D as i always do. :(

:salam2::)

ShyHijabi

Salaam,

Could you provide a hadith or daleel concerning these dates and the special blessings assigned to them? Thanks!

Wasalaam

~Sarah

OsMaN_93

Here to help
What is the importance of 13th, 21st, 22nd, and27th of the Islamic month of Rajab.

Praise be to Allaah.

There is nothing special about these particular days at all. All the days of Rajab are special, with no exception, because Rajab is one of the Sacred Months, like Dhoo’l- Qi’dah, Dhoo’l-Hijjah and Muharram.

The thirteenth day of each month - not just Rajab - is one of the three Ayyaam al-Beed (white days) on which it is encouraged to fast. These days are the 13th, 14th, and 15th of each hijri month.

Many of those who follow bid’ah (innovations) think that there is something special about certain days and do special acts of worship on those days, with no sound Islaamic basis or evidence (daleel). Their deeds are not acceptable, because they have innovated something in the religion of Allaah without the permission of Allaah.

We ask Allaah to help us follow the Sunnah and avoid bid’ah. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad
islamqa.com

massi

What is the importance of 13th, 21st, 22nd, and27th of the Islamic month of Rajab.

Praise be to Allaah.

There is nothing special about these particular days at all. All the days of Rajab are special, with no exception, because Rajab is one of the Sacred Months, like Dhoo’l- Qi’dah, Dhoo’l-Hijjah and Muharram.

The thirteenth day of each month - not just Rajab - is one of the three Ayyaam al-Beed (white days) on which it is encouraged to fast. These days are the 13th, 14th, and 15th of each hijri month.

Many of those who follow bid’ah (innovations) think that there is something special about certain days and do special acts of worship on those days, with no sound Islaamic basis or evidence (daleel). Their deeds are not acceptable, because they have innovated something in the religion of Allaah without the permission of Allaah.

We ask Allaah to help us follow the Sunnah and avoid bid’ah. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad
islamqa.com
what are you talking about ????
this fatwa about those days (13th, 21st, 22nd, and27th of the Islamic month of Rajab).
and our brother Ibn_Syena talk about Ayam El bidh (13.14.15) ايام البيض for every month

massi

Fasting al-Ayyaam al-Beed is done according to the lunar calendar, not the solar
I am a "New" Muslim (or recently converted) and I thank Allah for guiding me to this truly happiest move I've made in my life. Among all the other ways to worship the Allah, I appreciate very much the issue of fasting. I have truly enjoyed my first Ramadan this year and went through all 30 days with pride and great faith. I'm also very interested in voluntary fasting and besides fasting Thursdays, I''ve been also fasting during the White Days (13,14,15 every months). However, I've realized that I've been fasting 13,14,15 according to Georgian, normal calendar, and not according to an Islamic one! Is what I have done really wrong? Does it annul my fasting? What shall I do in the future? Thank you very much in advance!

Praise be to Allaah.

First of all, congratulations on the blessing of Allaah which you have received, as He has guided you to this religion and caused you to enjoy the sweetness of obedience and worship through fasting, which is one of the greatest forms of worship. Here we will explain in brief the virtues of fasting.

The virtues of fasting are immense, and a number of saheeh ahaadeeth state this, such as the following:

Fasting is something which is just for Allaah, and Allaah will give multiple rewards without measure for it. The hadeeth says: “[Allaah says:] Fasting is Mine and it is I Who give reward for it.” (Al-Bukhaari, Fath, no. 1904)

“There is nothing equivalent to fasting.” (Al-Nisaa’i, 4/165; see also Saheeh al-Targheeb, 1/413)

“The prayer (du’aa’) of the fasting person will not be refused.” (Reported by al-Bayhaqi, 3/345; see also al-Silsilah al-Saheehah, 1797)

“The one who fasts has two joys: the joy of breaking his fast and, when he meets his Lord, the joy of having fasted.” (Reported by Muslim, 2/807)

Fasting will be an intercession for the slave on the Day of Resurrection, when it will say: “O Lord, I stopped him from eating and drinking during the day, so let me intercede for him.” (Reported by Ahmad, 2/174; al-Bayhaqi classed its isnaad as hasan in al-Mujtama’, 3/181; see also Saheeh al-Targheeb, 1/411).

“The smell (coming from the mouth of) the fasting person is better in the sight of Allaah than the scent of musk.” (Muslim, 2/808).

“Fasting is a protection and a strong fortress against the Fire.” (Reported by Ahmad, 2/402; see also Saheeh al-Targheeb, 1/411 and Saheeh al-Jaami’, 3880)

“Whoever fasts one day for the sake of Allaah, Allaah will keep his face seventy years’ distance away from the Fire because of it.” (Reported by Muslim, 2/808)

“Whoever fasts a day seeking the pleasure of Allaah and then dies [i.e. that is the last thing he does] will enter Paradise.” (Reported by Ahmad, 5/391; see also Saheeh al-Targheeb, 1/412)

“In Paradise there is a gate called al-Rayyaan, through which those who fast will enter, and no-one else will enter through it. After they have entered, it will be locked and no-one else will enter it.” (Al-Bukhaari, Fath, no. 1797).

Voluntary fasts will make up for any shortfall in obligatory fasts. Examples of voluntary fasts include ‘Aashooraa’, the Day of ‘Arafaah, al-Ayaam al-Beed (the “White Days”), Mondays and Thursdays, six days of Shawwaal, and increased fasting during the months of Muharram and Sha’baan.

What is meant by al-Ayaam al-Beed is the 13th, 14th, and 15th of each lunar month, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “They ask you about the new moons. Say: These are signs to mark fixed periods of time for mankind and for the pilgrimage…” [al-Baqarah 2:189]. So the timing of certain acts of worship and the ‘iddah (waiting period for women who have been divorced or widowed, etc.) are worked out according to the lunar months of the Hijri or Islamic calendar, not the solar months of the Gregorian or Western calendar. The fasts which you have observed according to the solar calendar most likely do not correspond with the lunar calendar, but in any case you will be rewarded, in sha Allaah, for the days that you have fasted, because you have fasted them voluntarily for the sake of Allaah. But if you wish to earn the reward that is specifically for fasting Ayaam al-Beed, which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) urged us to do, you should find out the timings according to the lunar calendar and fast according to it.

We ask Allaah to increase His blessings upon you, to help you adhere to His religion, to give you the strength to do that which will please Him and to increase your reward, for He is the All-Hearing Who answers prayers. Do not forget us in your prayers whilst you are fasting. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad.
Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

OsMaN_93

Here to help
jazak Allah kahiran brother massi.
that wa very beneficial, and apreciated :D

now i understand!

OsMaN_93

Here to help

what are you talking about ????
this fatwa about those days (13th, 21st, 22nd, and27th of the Islamic month of Rajab).
and our brother Ibn_Syena talk about Ayam El bidh (13.14.15) ايام البيض for every month
:lol::lol:

:shymuslima1:
ok ok ok...
got the wrong fatwa.
:salam2::D

massi

ok that's good brother
و لكن نقص من سرعة ردودك وتثبت منها
الله يعينك

:lol: :lol: :lol:​

Ibn_Syena

Peace...
Salaam,

Could you provide a hadith or daleel concerning these dates and the special blessings assigned to them? Thanks!

Wasalaam

~Sarah

As Salamu Alekum sister

Jazaky Allahu Khyran for asking :)

Here:

Jareer ibn ‘Abdullaah radhiyallaahu ‘anh narrated that the Prophet sallallaahu ‘alayhi wasallam said: “Fasting three days of each month is fasting for a lifetime, and ayaam al-beed are the thirteenth, fourteenth and fifteenth.” (Narrated by al-Nasaa’i (2420); classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb, (1040)).

Abu Dharr radhiyallaahu ‘anh said: The Messenger of Allaah sallallaahu ‘alayhi wasallam said to me: “If you fast any part of the month, then fast the thirteenth, fourteenth and fifteenth.” (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, (761); al-Nasaa’i, (2424); classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb, (1038)).

Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “My close friend [i.e., the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)] advised me to do three things which I will never give up until I die: fasting three days each month, praying Duha, and sleeping after praying Witr.” (al-Bukhaari, 1178; Muslim, 721).

PS: jazak Allahu Khyran brother Massi.. I'll PM you soon in shaa' Allah :)

Wassalamu Alekum

Muahammad

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Alhamdulillaah just done with sahoor. Yesterday was 14 but my intention yesterday's fasting was for the MONDAY sunnah! Do I get both rewards Inshaa'Allaah? :/

Ibn_Syena

Peace...
As Salamu Alekum borthers and sisters

A reminder for the new month:
The white days will correspond in the current arabic month (Jumady Al Akhar) to the next Tuesday, wednesday and Thursday OR 17, 18, and 19 June 2008 in chaa' Allah.

By the way, please note that sometimes some countries may be having different moon calenders, i.e: there may be +/- one day, so check your local calender please.

May Allah accept it from you all. Don't forget me in ur duaa's please