Resentment and Sadness: Is it a Sin???

Precious Star

thank you sister Asja.

Allah SWT does deliver miracles, but not very often. That is the reality. I really believe that what is destined will happen, and there are few surprises in life.

The story regarding Khadijah is not remarkable because of her age, it is remarkable because she married the holy Prophet who was 15 years younger than her. Khadijah had many proposals at her age, but turned them down, as she was destined to be married to the Prophet. In that era, it was not unusual for older women to be married. The age discrimination we are currently facing is a product of culture. Also, this was not her first marriage and she already had children from her previous marriage.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
thank you sister Asja.

Allah SWT does deliver miracles, but not very often. That is the reality. I really believe that what is destined will happen, and there are few surprises in life.

The story regarding Khadijah is not remarkable because of her age, it is remarkable because she married the holy Prophet who was 15 years younger than her. Khadijah had many proposals at her age, but turned them down, as she was destined to be married to the Prophet. In that era, it was not unusual for older women to be married. The age discrimination we are currently facing is a product of culture. Also, this was not her first marriage and she already had children from her previous marriage.

Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa baarakatuhu

You are most welcome my sister,and it is blessing of Allah for us that we can advice our brothers and sisters in need.

Dear sister, we do not know which are and which can be miracles from Allah for us, as Allah sais in Quran that we can think that something is good for us but that on the end its resolts do not be good for us, and the same like we can think that something is bad for us, but that on the end it be good for us.
As we do not know dear sister, like our Rabb knows.

Alhamdulilah, as Muslims we know that ages are not the obstacle for one to get marry, as we have example of our beloved Prophet Mohammmed sallahu alahya wa saalam, where his wife Khadiya r.a was older than him 15 years, and our Prophet sallahu alayha wa saalam was much older than his wife Aisha r.a. Although it is not good that big age diffrence become common in our Islamis society,and Allah knows the best.

Maybe there is something good for you that you did not marry yet, and that Allah has prepeared for you some good Muslim man and real Mumin,and that you only need to wait for him Inshallah, and keep always sabr and faith in Allah.

May Allah grant you patiente dear sister and remove your worries.

May Allah bless you

Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa baarakatuhu

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister Asja your words are always so sweet.

To keep things on the lighter side of the scale: I am going to take a walk near a pond. I decided I will be brave enough to kiss a frog.

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
Assalaam walaikum,

To keep things on the lighter side of the scale: I am going to take a walk near a pond. I decided I will be brave enough to kiss a frog.

Careful, sister. Make sure it is a frog and not a toad. Some toads can secrete poison from their skin. You'll get a nasty lip infection.

Then again, some princes are better off left as frogs.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I have met many a toad..trust me!!
( chill out folks...I'm just having a little fun..)

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
One of my dogs played with a toad once. She scooped it into her mouth and was carrying it around like a toy before putting it back down. The toad was unharmed after the incident and hopped off like nothing happened.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalaam walaikum,

:salam2:

Thank you dear sister and may Allah reward you.

It is your kindness only Mashallah.:hijabi: Alhamdulillah kindness is adornment to every ahlaq and behaviour.

:wasalam:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

As Muslims we can not but help being happy. The course of the tread makes sense. We went from resentment to marriage. Now, as usual being the Oracle of TTI I put in my two cents.
I am still bright eyed and bushy tailed; it's hard to find my king at this age so I decided to walk near ponds and look for the one disguised as a frog. I have met too many toads and stay away.
A frog may turn into a prince if kissed; I know from experience kissing a toad just gives you warts!!!

Hey while we are on the subject of marriage what are the requirements for marriage in Islam. Boy wants to marry. Boy sees girl. What next? When does the wali step in?

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Wa-alaykum-us-Salaam wa'Rahmatullaah ^,

Refer to the thread below sister that examines marriage from its benefits to the walimah:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72965

I summarised it like this, therefore check the section that is appropriate (it sounds like what your asking falls under 'Courting' and 'The Marriage Contract', but double check):

A Blessed Bond (The Advantages of Marriage) (Post #2 - #21, http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?p=470665#post470665

Spouse Selection (Characteristics to look for)
(Post #22 - #35, http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?p=470807#post470807

Courting (Covers important issues) (Post #36 - #55,
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?p=470827#post470827)

The Marriage Contract (Bride/groom eligibility, the woman's wali, the mahr, conditions, contract and a couple of points on the Walimah) (Post #56 - #92, http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?p=471021#post471021

General Important Advices onwards (Post #94 - #102,
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?p=471079#post471079

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Brother,

Jazaak Allahu Kharin for taking the time to dig up the necessary information.
Insha'Allah, I will read the links.

It is important that we understand the basis of Islamic marriage. I keep thinking of the marriage of the Prophet to Lady Khadija as the best example of a Muslim marriage. He referred to her as being blessed by her and Aisha as his blessing.

We get so stuck on the notion of romantic love and we have to look beyond to Islamic love.

( it's raining so I know I will find a frog ).

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
I used to catch frogs all of the time when I was a kid. My friends and I would have frog races on land and in water. I even had some tadpoles in a jar once.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu Allaicum wa raahmtullah wa barakatuhu

Dear brothers and sisters can we now please get back on the original thread InshAllah, and if anyone else has some advice which could be useful for our dear sister "Precious Star", please post it here.

May Allah reward you. Ameen summa ameen

Wa Allaicumu Sallam wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister we are on the right track. This is also serving us to remind us, thanks to Brother Ditta, why marriage is important in Islam. We are given a chance to gain knowledge on the Islamic method of keeping strong in times of sadness. And I am having fun looking for my frog.

Why be stuck on sad when the world is wide open. Why be stuck on sad when you can improve your deen by gaining understanding.

Brother Ditta has done us a great service. The links give us hope.

Gaining knowledge disspells fear.

( barefoot, walking in water with a jar, a pb& j and a pepsi..that is living high of the hog!!!)

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
I have always dealt with bad things in my life by trying to make a joke out of them. I try to laugh it off and deflect pain with humor. It's just what I do. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. Some people don't understand that concept (not anyone here, I mean people in my real life).

Although all of the stuff I posted about frogs actually happened.