Respect

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

There are many great things in life..I love the smell of a new car and when I have had a new car..I turn into a teenager. You can't help it...your foot just falls on the accelerator and there must be concrete attached to it because you can not let it up.

A job...well you gotta pay your bills..but the fact that you can put food on the table for your family and share with your neighbors is pleasing..

I loved being married. My husband would come home and I would greet him with a pillow fight. What a way to relief the stressors from outside. We even had a whole family pillow fight.

But the best thing in life is being a mommy. You stay young and agile..you climb the jungle gym, you take fencing lessons, you throw a football, you become a cook. I made a big batch of stew for dinner last night. It looked good as I let the herbs and vegetables mix with the meat to give it the satisfying hearty feeling..my son brought a gang of friends and I had to become a short order cook for dinner. My stew-pot was emptied in fifteen minutes.

Children are a womans companions. When the woes of the world are upon her all of a sudden you get a teddy bear hug from them saying I love you mommy..or the friends barge in saying Hi Momma what you gotta eat? They keep it real and in the moment.

As a child of a woman..I see my mother. I see one of the strongest women I have ever met in my life. I see a lady, a scholar, a disciplinarian, a grandmother who is loved by her grandsons. Trust me I was not the most loving teenager. We had it out. To this day, I still allow her to reprimand me, even in pubic.

She knew I was daddy's little princess. So she gently taught me to become strong as is she.

She is entering her gentle age in life. She has cared for so many. She made so many sacrifices for us. I have been blessed by moving in with her as the gentleness takes over her dynamic personality.

We all know where I am going with this. In every culture across the span of time..we need to honor our parents. And mothers have a special bond with children...we are always there..to kiss the boo-boos no matter what age the boo-boo happens.

This is my humble attempt to counter act a thread which greatly upset me for many reasons. If you do nothing today..call your mother and tell her how much you love her

Qur'an 46:15 And We have enjoined upon man, to his parents, good treatment. His mother carried him with hardship and gave birth to him with hardship, and his gestation and weaning [period] is thirty months. [He grows] until, when he reaches maturity and reaches [the age of] forty years, he says, "My Lord, enable me to be grateful for Your favor which You have bestowed upon me and upon my parents and to work righteousness of which You will approve and make righteous for me my offspring. Indeed, I have repented to You, and indeed, I am of the Muslims."

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
:salam2:

Thanks dear sister about this great post and about reminding us for this very important matter of live.

:hearts:

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
:salam2: yes, noone is perfect, noone, ever. But mom will always be mom and from what i can say to her with respect i say hopping she listens to me and from what i cant say, i keep away and let Allah do the rest. One thing i know for sure: she will always sacrifice her self for me or for my syster....may Allah guide us, ameen :tti_sister:

Riham

But the best thing in life is being a mommy. You stay young and agile..you climb the jungle gym, you take fencing lessons, you throw a football, you become a cook. I made a big batch of stew for dinner last night. It looked good as I let the herbs and vegetables mix with the meat to give it the satisfying hearty feeling..my son brought a gang of friends and I had to become a short order cook for dinner. My stew-pot was emptied in fifteen minutes.

Children are a womans companions. When the woes of the world are upon her all of a sudden you get a teddy bear hug from them saying I love you mommy..or the friends barge in saying Hi Momma what you gotta eat? They keep it real and in the moment.

Qur'an 46:15 And We have enjoined upon man, to his parents, good treatment. His mother carried him with hardship and gave birth to him with hardship, and his gestation and weaning [period] is thirty months. [He grows] until, when he reaches maturity and reaches [the age of] forty years, he says, "My Lord, enable me to be grateful for Your favor which You have bestowed upon me and upon my parents and to work righteousness of which You will approve and make righteous for me my offspring. Indeed, I have repented to You, and indeed, I am of the Muslims."

My dear sister, how well you have described the joy of being a mommy.

That bond between the mother and child is truly something precious.

Jazakallah khair for sharing your thoughts on this beautiful subject.

Kakorot

:wasalam:

Aapa that's lovely the way you put it.

I do love my mum but she hates me. She can't stand my presence. I wish we had that mother-daughter bond but something always gets in the way. Still I love her very much and would die for her any day.

Ahsen

You talk about love for the mother and then say that leave the mother at her own and let her do what she wants?Don't you think these both are contradictory.

Either leave her at her condition or try to protect her from EVERY evil.

Which is the best way?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister Harb...I baked a fudge cake last night...I thought I should send it to your father.

Kakorot...sis...I'll be your momma any day..Mothers do not hate daughters...PM me and I promise to make you laugh.

The rest of you sisters...wait till you see what I am going to write for us in the sisters section...I will have you crying laughing.

Oh brother...

No I have not contradicted myself whatsoever...Have you read Oedipus Rex...

After you read Oedipus Rex please start a thread...

I want to keep this positive and glowing.

Precious Star

I am my mom's #1 champion and I would die without her. If I don't see her daily I make sure I call her every day, at least before I go to bed.

But please, "the best thing in life is being a mommy..." There are many women who don't have children, sister. That doesn't mean that they have lost out on the best things in life. That is how society treats us -- especially muslim societies -- but it is not true. Childless women have to work hard to dispel the myth that a mommy is the be all and end all of our existence.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Forgive me sister...this thread is a response to thread. No in Muslim societies we sisters who are unmarried or divorced are often made to feel inadequate.
And yet the same Muslims who impose their contorted version of morality have no clue what we have to fight for the sake of our faith.

These same people have no clue how we fight the best of the duyna to remain chaste for the love of Allah. And trust me sister..even I am tested. These people have no clue what comes knocking at our door and what we walk away from for the love of Allah. Oh what we have to walk away from..the thought of it still makes quiver, that taste of love so sweet..but with tears running down my face...I walk away.

So I ask your forgiveness from the bottom of my heart.

Noor El-Huda

Jazaki Allah kheir Aapa for posting.

Its very nice. May Allah reward our mothers with paradise.
May Allah help us make the best of our job as mothers.

And those who say: "Our Lord! Bestow on us from our wives and our offspring who will be the comfort of our eyes, and make us leaders for the Pious. (25:74)

Precious Star

Assalaam walaikum,

Forgive me sister...this thread is a response to thread. No in Muslim societies we sisters who are unmarried or divorced are often made to feel inadequate.
And yet the same Muslims who impose their contorted version of morality have no clue what we have to fight for the sake of our faith.

These same people have no clue how we fight the best of the duyna to remain chaste for the love of Allah. And trust me sister..even I am tested. These people have no clue what comes knocking at our door and what we walk away from for the love of Allah. Oh what we have to walk away from..the thought of it still makes quiver, that taste of love so sweet..but with tears running down my face...I walk away.

So I ask your forgiveness from the bottom of my heart.

There's nothing to forgive. I was just trying to inform. Most people on this site are very traditional so they likely can't grasp what I'm saying, especially those who easily had children. Islam does not require that we have tunnel vision.

islamerica

1 Ummah under God
Assalaam walaikum,

The rest of you sisters...wait till you see what I am going to write for us in the sisters section...I will have you crying laughing.

Oh brother...

No I have not contradicted myself whatsoever...Have you read Oedipus Rex...

After you read Oedipus Rex please start a thread...

I want to keep this positive and glowing.

i don't have access to sister's section yet :(

o.rex was an interesting reading to say the least.

Shak78

Very lovely post once again respected Sister and so very true. As a mother now I love it so much and enjoy each day with my little man. Losing my mother in 2008 I do regret all the time I didn't spend with her and now all the things she will never see like her grandson. To know I was not always nice and kind to her hurts me but I keep her memory alive and tell my boy about her.

friend263

Salam

I feel like crying.. I lost my mom when i was very young.. i miss her sooo much.. specially now when i became a mom.. I still remember when i was in the OT the doc told me Allah has bless me with a baby boy. I cried so loudly firstly to thank Allah and secondly remembering my mom.. still crying and feeling very lonely.. ( No body from my family was there with me at that point of time.. I miss my mom very much. And pray to Allah to give her Jannah.. Aameen.

ayesha.ansari

JAZAK'ALLAH

I loveeeeeeeeeeee My mom so mush... She taught me so much and now i feel so much love that i can't express in words here. :tti_sister::hearts:

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah

Aunt Aapa.... You have made me feel so happy inside my heart... :)

I am blessed to Alhamdulilah to have my mother, and Insha Allah with many many duas... let me share this video with you.... it is similar to your post

[yt]FXBqSguwvIk[/yt]​

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
But please, "the best thing in life is being a mommy..." There are many women who don't have children, sister. That doesn't mean that they have lost out on the best things in life. That is how society treats us -- especially muslim societies -- but it is not true. Childless women have to work hard to dispel the myth that a mommy is the be all and end all of our existence.

Dear sister I too haven´t any child and by age no hope to become mom.

I thank Allah about it as He only decide who be and who doesn´t get bless be mother.

:tti_sister:

Allah only decided to me some other destiny - as valuable as being mother.

:muslim_child:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sisters..it took seventeen years of dua for me to bring home my bundle of joy..and the clock was about to tock.

As Sister Harb stated..there is a balance in what blessings He gives us.

Do you not think that Allah knows what you have walked away from to Please Him. And how He blesses us. How He blesses us.

islamerica

1 Ummah under God
We should appreciate our own mothers and also support those who are missing such a blessing in their lives.

8588orpan.jpg

This is a picture of an orphan boy who drew himself a mother on the ground and slept next 2 her.

Orphan Support

Offer financial support for the education, health care and livelihood of an orphan. IRUSA donors support more than 7,500 orphans around the world each year.

Donate Now