revert for 25 years

ruqaya

:bismillah: salam aleikum, I have been muslim for 25 years. I am English but also live in Saudi Arabia with my Saudi husband for several months of the year. If anyone wants any info about Saudi, I'd be happy to try and answer.

br_rizwan

Slave of Almighty
:salam2:
:bismillah: ,

Sister, Welcome to Forum of Humankind..
I would like to ask one thing sister I don’t have much idea about it. I want to do umrah this year or next year beginning Insha Allah. I haven’t plan my Trip. Is it possible to get accommodation there after arriving there in hotel. Or should I have to book in advance though I prefer this option

:wasalam:

ruqaya

umra

:bismillah: :salam2: I think it would be much better for you if you organise everything as a package from the country of departure as the hotels get full very quickly especially in Meccah. There are many places that do excellent packages. Your local mosque could probably advise you on a reliable one. May Allah help you and May your umra be successful inshallah.

zarah

Islam
Staff member
Assalamu Alaikum

:bismillah:

:salam2:

Welcome to the website!:)

:ma: :ma: You have embraced Islam and come to deen.

:wasalam:

ruqaya

saudi manners

:bismillah: Like people from all countries and races, there are those with perfect manners and those who completely lack them. I have met both types of people. The Saudi people do have a lot to learn in the way of manners and their treatment of non-Saudi muslims. Alhumdullilah, we are seeing improvement here and, inshallah, with Allah's guidance it will only get better.

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
:bismillah: Like people from all countries and races, there are those with perfect manners and those who completely lack them. I have met both types of people. The Saudi people do have a lot to learn in the way of manners and their treatment of non-Saudi muslims. Alhumdullilah, we are seeing improvement here and, inshallah, with Allah's guidance it will only get better.

Walikom salaam

I agree 100% with you..with ///treatment of non-Saudi muslims///
I could say a lot but you made it clear..

wa salaam alikom

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Wa alaykum SAlam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh welcome to the website :)

MashaAllah, you are blessed for living near the holy cities of Makkah and Madinah. I hope you have much time to visit them and do umrah / Hajj.

Myself, i lived in Saudi for some time in the outskirts of Madinah. I really miss Masjid Al Nabawi and the lovely people of that city.

Some people ask and talk about what Saudi people are like. It depends, there are good and bad everywhere. If a person truly understands their Deen and knows about other people then of course they will have good manners to other people.

Once i was with my family, including my aunt and baby cousin.. and we were stuck outside Makkah... we were on our way to do the Umrah, and we were in a land cruiser jeep.. our jeep had got stuck on a sand embankment... (this is in the city.. lol.. ) .. It was really hot and I and my brothers were in Ihram. Then out of nowhere this other Jeep came along, and the man, who was a black Saudi, came out. He quickly ran and started to dig under our jeep... scraping away the sand... with his hands and he got some wooden boards out of his jeep and put them under our vehicle. Obviously, he had experience of this situation.. As soon as he freed our jeep, he quickly got into his own vehicle and had sped off before we could even thank him....

There are many many more amazing acts of kindness and hospitality you will see such as that.

However, as sister said, some Saudis and khaliji Arabs do have a lot to learn with regards to how they percieve other races and people. This is due to ignorance and arrogance.

Islam, warns us away from any sort of arrogance.

The prophet :)saw:) defined it for us in an authentic hadith reported by Imams Muslim and At-Tirmithi, "One will not enter Paradise, if one has an atom’s weight of arrogance in his/her heart." a man then asked, "One may love his clothes to look good and his shoes to look good?!" The prophet replied, "Allah is beautiful and loves beauty, arrogance is: rejecting the truth and looking down on people."

In my own personal experience, Arabs are very different in their views depending on the different parts of the region. Most welcoming and easy going people are those from Lebanon, Syria, Palestine.... the Gulf States have different sort of attitude. Just want to say there are good and bad in all places.

----

Saudi Arabia has Makkah and Madinah. Saudi has thus placed itself in position as leader of the Islamic World. --- What i would really love for Saudi to do is to allow ALL Muslims to come and settle in Makkah and Madinah and give them nationality, give them jobs and housing.

Its such a shame, that Israel can come and steal Muslim land.. and then welcome all the Jews into her land.

Whilst many Muslim countries have so many draconian laws against immigration. Infact, 0 immigration and naturalisation. The US, UK, European countries and many other countries around the world allow for people to settle and live in their countries........ With such a resource rich and wealthy country its a shame that people cant live there. --

I'd happily give up my British passport to live in Makkah or Madinah.

Then there are the one sided policies. That an Arab can marry a non-Arab and she will be allowed to stay... but, a Muslim man can not marry and get legal status in the country. i.e. marry a Saudi or a Syrian and be allowed to get nationality. - Infact, even their children!! do not get nationality... so, they will not be allowed to live in their mum's country without visa... and have no free access to the hospitals or schools.

This is not from Islam. These are some major sticking points that need to be changed. - The UK allows many refugees from war torn Muslim countries to come and stay!! - Allowing them great opportunities for making money and getting a better life................. It should be the Muslim countries that do that.. that give hope and light for the Muslims around the world....

Anyway, im going on a bit. Keep in mind, that Im not against Saudi or any other Muslim country, i have met and talked to the Prince of Jeddah, King Fahd's brother. Alhamdulilah, their are many good people there who do care about Islam. I realise It is not so easy running a country with people who may have many fears.. as it has high unemployment. - Im just pointing out some of the things that would make it a lot better for Muslims around the world................. and that will only start from the ground up.. i.e. me and you and every Muslim practising their Deen according to the Quran and the Sunnah..

Welcome to the site. sorry for the long reply!

Wasalam