revert not convert

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
:salam2: brothers and sisters,
I know we say everyone is born muslim, can someone explain me the logic again? i need more opinions
and can someone provide me with Quran and hadith for references
thank you very much

AmericanTeenager

The reasoning behind it is that since God (swt) wants us all to die Muslims, we are born into a state of being in exact accordance with His will, that is, Muslim. However, as we grow older and come under outside influences (parents, friends, society in general), we slowly conform to their will and religion rather than the one that God (swt) willed us to be.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
I'm not sure but maybe there's a hadith that everyone is born with fitrah (ie, the natural way), and then its the parents and the environment that decides whether that person will become a Jew or a Christian or a non-believer.

So if naturally everyone was born a muslim, converting would mean you become something you never were, while reverting would mean something you once were.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alikum
thank you brother and sister :) could someone please provide ref to the hadith sister is referring to

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
The answer is already available here as posted by brother Salem:

Hadith - Bukhari 2.440, Narrated Ibn Shihab

Abu Huraira, narrated that the Prophet said, "Every child is born with a true faith (i.e. to worship none but Allah Alone) but his parents convert him to Judaism or to Christianity or to Magainism, as an animal delivers a perfect baby animal. Do you find it mutilated?" Then Abu Huraira recited the holy verse: "So set you (O Muhammad SAW) your face towards the religion of pure Islâmic Monotheism Hanifa (worship none but Allâh Alone) Allâh's Fitrah (i.e. Allâh's Islâmic Monotheism), with which He has created mankind. No change let there be in Khalq*!illâh (i.e. the Religion of Allâh Islâmic Monotheism), that is the straight religion, but most of men know not. [Tafsir At*!Tabarî, Vol 21, Page 41] " (30.30).

We muslim will agree that only muslim can enter jannah, so if a child died few days after birth, the child will go to jannah. So am I right to say the child is born muslim?

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum

We believe that every child is born Muslim and it is parents who make him/her a christian ,buddist etc...

Every child is born in this pure state of fitrah.in a state of innate goodness, and it is the social environment which cause the individual to deviate from this state.

The fitrah is the natural inclination to worship God alone, and it includes compliance with what God and His Messenger explained to be from the characteristics of fitrah. The acts of fitrah are specific features which God has created in man and found within his natural tendency to like as well as to dislike what contradicts these acts.

the Prophet said, "Every child is born with a true faith (i.e. to worship none but Allah Alone) but his parents convert him to Judaism or to Christianity or to Magainism, as an animal delivers a perfect baby animal. Do you find it mutilated?"

waleikum salam