reverting

pilgrim

Allahu Akbar
Asalamu Alaykum wa rahmatulahi wa barakatuhu...
i have reverted to Islam approximately a year now...alhamdulilah.recently some sisters were advising me to take shahadah in the presence of an imam...when i reverted i didnt do as such,however i took shahadah personally and performed ghusl,at home.Was that sufficient enough? or should i do as the sisters advised?please if possible quote some ahadith or verses from the Qur'an to support your advice.:wasalam: :hijabi:

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq
:salam2:

Alhamdullilah that is great you reverted. Welcome to the ummah :D

I had many sisters recite the shahadah without the presence of the imam :)

I did mine in front of the imam. I was soo nervous because all the women and men were watching lol, but alhamdullilah it was the most beautiful night in my life :)

:wasalam:

Salaamalikum sister,

Mashallah

Your testimony of faith is only between you and Allah swt - so yes it is sufficient to answer your question. You can utter it orally either private or in public, usually people do it publicly to get the warm welcomes of their brothers and sisters. One should believe in it by heart with a firm conviction and unshakeable faith. If one is truly sincere and complies with the teachings of Islam in all their life, they will find himself/herself a new born person :SMILY33:

Jannah03

Asalaamu alakum uhkti, the shahadatayn does not need to be said in front of anyone. As long as you tried your best to utter it in arabic and perform ghusl that is enough dear sis. I hope you are benefitting from Ramadan this year as well as all of us on this site. Love you for the sake of Allah. Welcome to the biggest community on earth.

pilgrim

Allahu Akbar
Jazak Allah khayran

i pray that Allah(SWT) blesses us all and makes jannah halaal 4 all of us...Subhaan Allah
Ramadhaan Mubarak:hijabi: :wasalam: