Robert Spenser?

Salaam,

Put a big poster with red ink "Discover the Truth for yourself"

I really like the fact that every Muslim will stand up when one Muslim asks a question. This is very wise.

Handing out the Quran is the refutation to the anti-Islam DVD Obsession's video. You're doing your part. The Truth stands clear from error :)

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum
The poster is good idea ,oters didnt agree on the posters but it will be good to put big poster next to table with brochures ...
Jazaallah khair

waaleikum salam

hellbraker

Did Jesus really preach Jihad?

There are many verses in the bible clearly shows Jesus (PBUH) preached Jihad :

1- In Matthew 10:34 Jesus said "Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but A SWORD "

2- Jesus told his disciples to sell their outer garments and buy SWORDS !!

" He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36)

Thank you Sister!

Zafran

Muslim Brother
salam aleikum
LOL I agree with u brother .....
Actually the Republican party supporting him ,because they want people to vote for McCain .A lot of people think that Obama is Muslim ,so they trying to make a bad picture of Islam like always ...I think all this story with Obama being a Muslim makes people even more curious about Isam...
At the event they will be giving out 100 copies of that Obsession DVD.I havent watch it ,but I heard its really bad...
The saddest part is that our comunity been very quiet regarding this .But MSA planned to go and sit and watch and ask questions .Everybody will be dressed in green to show the Unity and when one Muslim stand up to ask the question all others will stand up also .
Outside we prepared table with brochures and copies of Quran ,but only if people ask .
But the main part is that we have to be that first hundred to get the DVDs :)

inshaAllah

May Allah help us ...

waaleikum salam

salaam

Great idea hope it all goes well.

peace.

justoneofmillion

salam aleikum
LOL I agree with u brother .....
Actually the Republican party supporting him ,because they want people to vote for McCain .A lot of people think that Obama is Muslim ,so they trying to make a bad picture of Islam like always ...I think all this story with Obama being a Muslim makes people even more curious about Isam...
At the event they will be giving out 100 copies of that Obsession DVD.I havent watch it ,but I heard its really bad...
The saddest part is that our comunity been very quiet regarding this .But MSA planned to go and sit and watch and ask questions .Everybody will be dressed in green to show the Unity and when one Muslim stand up to ask the question all others will stand up also .
Outside we prepared table with brochures and copies of Quran ,but only if people ask .
But the main part is that we have to be that first hundred to get the DVDs :)

inshaAllah

May Allah help us ...

waaleikum salam
:salam2:You guys are great, tells us how it went.may allah be with you

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum
I couldn't go unfortunately couldnt get off from work :(

But it went very peaceful mashAllah .brothers and sisters did a great job...
This is the feedback from the comunity so u can all read on how it went ...

Just wanted to let you all know that the speaker came this evening, Robert Spencer, and he was a foolish man, but we expected that. What was excellent and worth sharing was the fact that at least 60% of the audience, or maybe even more, was either a Muslim or a non-Muslim supporting Muslims....during the question period we had some good representation from the community.....and by the end we had Spencer's business card and asked him to come back for a more intensive debate and discussion....

He didn't talk about much that we don't already see in media channels today....in fact the irony of the whole thing is that he is calling people to "peace" yet he sat in front of us tonight perpetuating hate towards Muslims.....and this was brought to his attention during the Q/A perido by Muslims and Non-Muslims alike, mash'Allah.

I really believe that he was surprised by the crowd.....I think he wanted people to fight him more, and he didn't really know how to react to calmness.......he was not very credible in his speech and responses, but he presented himself with confidence which would lead an innocent person who knows nothing of Islam to believe what he was saying....he cited from the Qu'ran and hadith, but of course chose his own interpretation and political agenda...

For those American sisters and converts, the reaction of people in the audience to us (converts) being there was worth a million bucks....the looks on their faces and the surprise in their eyes when they heard us talk or learned we are Americans raised as Christians or Jew(s)...wow, it was so gratifying, alhoumdulilah! It was a wonderful reminder for us to say alhoumdulilah... :) Sorry I don't mean to exclude other sisters, but us newbies are, well, new to this stuff.....for the most part. :) Its fun to see Americans reactions when you see you are a convert/revert to Islam.

What else....OH! The Qu'rans.....they told us that we couldn't hand out any materials anywhere on the 3rd floor where the lecture was because that was the "Republicans turf for the night." Soooooo we went to the first floor....mash'Allah we had a young gentleman who seemed very sincere (insha'Allah) ask for the Qu'ran......after he got his copy and others learned of its availability we were out within minutes, mash'Allah.....insha'Allah the people do good with these Qu'rans (take care of them) and insha'Allah Allah's guidance reaches them. We didn't give any copies to those who didn't approach us and ask and say "we heard you have copies of the Qu'ran..."

Some of us stayed behind to discuss questions with people and it was a great experience.....I will say I am still extremely disappointed in the Republican party for sponsoring such an event, but this is the life we lead being in America.... "freedom of speech" it has its benefits and its downsides :).......we as Muslims will just have to exercise the same right and do something better.....and maybe knock this Spencer character off his pedestal......

Crimson

Salaams,

Spencer doesn't know Arabic though he claims to have learned it on his own.
This post I ran across significantly tears apart Spencer:

I can't post links until 15 posts so go to loon watch . com to check it out, the title of the article is Robert Spencer: Wanna-be conquistador, you can also google it.

Here is an excerpt:
Recently, Charles Johnson of Little Green Footballs, a former ally of Spencer’s and not an individual sympathetic to Islam exposed Spencer’s partnership with fascist European politicians as well as brought to light the fact that Spencer, on his personal Facebook account joined a group which seeks to reconquer present day Turkey, effectively expel and slaughter 150 Million Muslims and replace them with Christians.