Ruling on Christmass

alooma

:salam2:
i got this fatwa and i saw it will be enlightning especially during this period.
:shake:
Eating food prepared for a Christian festival​
What is the ruling on eating food prepared for a Christian festival? What is the ruling on accepting their invitation to their celebrations of the birth of the Messiah (peace be upon him) [i.e., Christmas celebrations]?

Praise be to Allaah.

It is not permissible to celebrate innovated festivals such as the Christmas of the Christians, or Nowrooz (Persian New Year) or Mahrajaan (Persian festival), or festivals that have been innovated by Muslims such as the Prophet’s birthday in Rabee’ al-Awwal or the Israa’ in Rajab and so on. It is not permissible to eat from that food which the Christians or Mushrikeen prepare on the occasion of their festivals. It is also not permissible to accept their invitations to join them in their celebrations of those festivals, because this encourages them and is tantamount to approving of their bid’ah, which gives the wrong idea to ignorant people and makes them think that there is nothing wrong with that. And Allaah knows best.

(From Al-Lu’lu’ al-Makeen min Fataawaa Ibn Jibreen, p. 27.)

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alikum
thank u for this fatwa like seriously here in canada im tired of listenning christmas christmas everywhere

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
In multiracial and multi religions Malaysia we do respect each other and visit each other homes on their festivals. Non muslim here are very tolerant and they serve only food which are halal. So in our context it is not a problem as the food prepared is specially for the neighbours. Likewise, we muslim also tolarate with them. We ensure we do not serve beef to the hindus when they in turn visit our house.

alooma

The food designed for those Musyrik celebration are similar to the food being served to Idols and Thaghut (Christ etc), so eating that is going to please Syaithan and invite Allah's jealousy and wrath, stay away from that so you may prosper.

Talking about "being tolerant" that's only owns by Muslim. By adhering to Islamic law. The habit of Musyrikin like Christians are that they are trying to fuse with Islamic rite like Idul 'Adha. in their religion there are lots of Sincretism so it isn't awkard to find them inviting thee to join their celebration, because it is their Millat, why is that, look this ayat of Allah, Allahu Jalla Jalaaluhu said:

" Quran TransliterationSurah Al-i'Imran Ruku 3 Surah 3Madina (89) 200 Ayahs19 Rukus

QS.Al Imran (24) Za_lika bi annahum qa_lu_ lan tamassanan na_ru illa_ ayya_mam ma'du_da_t(in), wa garrahum fi dinihim ma_ ka_nu_ yaftaru_n(a).

This because they say: "The Fire shall not touch us but for a few numbered days": For their FORGERIES deceive them as to their own religion.

Their religion forbade them to follow other Bible but Paul's Bible, his own (Paul) Bible, but they transgressed by following 'Idul Adha of Muslimin.

This isn't the Manhaj of how we practice Islam, we don't need to apologize because of that. Allahu Ahad (one), Ahad.., Ahad... not Trinity or Allah and God, but Allah the only God and Lord.

Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh.
jazakallah khaeran, thats wonderful