Ruling on drawing smiley faces when chatting on the internet

asalaf salih

Re: Besmi lahi rahmani rahim

Soebhanah lah i don' t understand how could you lend the name of a scholar without knowing something of his knowledge. And we muslims masha Allah have more than only Yasir Qadhi. And as you know a scholar sometimes' s right sometimes not. In this case we are talking about the fatwa of more than a scholar. And they all say PHOTOGRAPHY is not allowed in islam including cartoons smiley' s..
:salam2:

az101

http://www.miraathpublications.net/
Alhumdulillah

I wish the mods of turntoislam.com will remove the smilies Inshallah

and Inshallah people wont use them anymore.Inshallah

Ibn Uthaymin

Im not doing Taqleed. Your the one doing Taqleed. Im independent in every single sense of the word. And your stretching it too far. Photography is merely a reflection of a living being already created by Allah. This is a fact, opinions are subjective to debate not facts!

Camers were not in existence during the early times, so it requires Ijtihaad. So im with the scholars who said it was not Haram. The burden of proof is on the one who does tahreem. Everything pertaining to worldly life is halal until proven haraam, and everything pertaining to worship is haraam unless proven halaal

In conclusion, I can say there is difference of opinion. Khayr, were all learning

Read: Dr. Yusuf al Qaradawis 'The lawful and Prohibited in In Islam'

Wassalam

fada_all

salam alikum wa rahmatu allahi taala ,wa barakatuh

jazakum allah every khir here and in life after for being a good reminder

asalaf salih

Allah o akbar

:salam2:
Soebhanah Lah Dr. Yusuf al Qaradawi!!?? i Advise you to do more knowledge before giving a fatwa. And second we ahl al kitab wa sounah wa al jamaah we don' t see al qardawi as a reference scholar in fiqh matters.

az101

This brother needs to clear his heart for he is "picking and choosing " according to his desires.

Picture making/taking ( photography, painting,drawing, using software for creating animation) of any thing with a Soul is haram.. except in a case where it is nessasary(e.g passport ID cards etc.. )

Useing smilies that resemble Allah(swt) creation is haram to use/make/send. etc..,

The evidence is ... " the human hand" is used in there creation of all these images and they resemble Allah's creation. ( the evidence is explained in detail above)

and we all the know the hadith about the picture maker and how he will be amongst those who will be punished severely on the day of judgement.

this matter has been dealt with ..

And Allah knows best..

now waiting for mods response .

Ibn Uthaymin

Asalaf Salih, if your gonna contaminate the thread by character assassination then im not gonna post anymore. And im not giving a fatwa. And we are Ahl Sunna, Ahl Kitab are Jews and Christians fam!

AZ im not picking and choosing anything. You shouldn't make accusations. Your arguments are stretching it too far, because its a fact that a picture is just a reflection of light.

Your the one blindly following, i`ll just finish with the quote of Ibn Al Jawzi:

"To blindly follow is to make knowledge ineffective. The real function of the intellect is to think, ponder, meditate and dig up hidden points and the significance of ideas. The intellect is a light for the guidance of life; Allah has bestowed this light upon every human being. But very few use this, mostly put off this light and walk in darkness."

az101

Continue doing what you desire in these matters. I can not help you more then this.

I am waiting for the mods at TTI to respond.. they will read what has been said.... they are Perfectly able to do something about this matter of smilies

but. as they deleted my thread 3 times...before...i wont say much

if they chose not to act upon what has been given to them...

I am free from blame.

Alhamdu lillahi rabbi alAAalameen.

btw Assalif_salih is weak at English but he is wise with what he has said.. you should pay attention to his last comment .

Jazakallah hu khairun to all

Useing smilies/emoticons that resemble Allah(swt) creation is haram to use/make/send.

....they are reflected light in phase 2..

but at phase 1... a human hand was used into their creation along with human intellect.

samiha

---------
Staff member
Assalaamu 'alaykum

I am waiting for the mods at TTI to respond.. they will read what has been said.... they are Perfectly able to do something about this matter of smilies

but. as they deleted my thread 3 times...before...i wont say much

if they chose not to act upon what has been given to them...

I am free from blame.

Alhamdu lillahi rabbi alAAalameen.

Akhi, what I would request of you please is that you try to think well of us Moderators, and work together with us in khayr and advising - without bringing suppositions into the field. You ask us to respond, so I question which of us have you spoken to?

Your threads were not deleted because of content. In fact, many of us hold the same opinion regarding images and their usage. They were removed because of content and manner of address (and at times the replies). If you take a look at our website rules and courtesy behind them it would be noticeable that we request that any issues with Moderator decisions or website concerns should be addressed directly to us via PM or other such measures.

I believe that your advice was in good will, however I strongly dislike certain insinuations placed upon a group of people. Such as them not fearing Allaah, such as them being able to change matters but purposely not doing so. These are utterly unfounded and uncalled for. As a fact of the matter, we cannot change the smilies as of this moment. In addition, things have a certain process and we ask patience in this regard. For the time being, the smiley options cannot be removed, and we request that from the side of the brothers and sisters who do not approve of them - simply avoid them.

BarakAllaahu feekum. This matter was brought up repeatedly publicly so I have replied to it in the same. If there are any further concerns please PM an active Mod and we'll try to get back to you as soon as we can.

wasalaamu 'alaykum

az101

Assalaamu 'alaykum

Akhi, what I would request of you please is that you try to think well of us Moderators, and work together with us in khayr and advising - without bringing suppositions into the field. You ask us to respond, so I question which of us have you spoken to?

I sent to 10 moderators. 3 weeks ago. no response. except form 2..

one of them said ....

"Yes, I believe that if a person has control over the site, he mustn’t allow it to be used".

and the other ...did not say anything clear.

and the others did not even respond at all. Alhumdulilah

Your threads were not deleted because of content. In fact, many of us hold the same opinion regarding images and their usage. They were removed because of content and manner of address (and at times the replies). If you take a look at our website rules and courtesy behind them it would be noticeable that we request that any issues with Moderator decisions or website concerns should be addressed directly to us via PM or other such measures.

I believe that your advice was in good will, however I strongly dislike certain insinuations placed upon a group of people. Such as them not fearing Allaah, such as them being able to change matters but purposely not doing so. These are utterly unfounded and uncalled for. As a fact of the matter, we cannot change the smilies as of this moment. In addition, things have a certain process and we ask patience in this regard. For the time being, the smiley options cannot be removed, and we request that from the side of the brothers and sisters who do not approve of them - simply avoid them.

BarakAllaahu feekum. This matter was brought up repeatedly publicly so I have replied to it in the same. If there are any further concerns please PM an active Mod and we'll try to get back to you as soon as we can.

wasalaamu 'alaykum

I apologize if I had spoken in a manner that offended anyone..as this was clearly not my aim

And jazakallahu khairan for your feedback on this matter. I hope inshallah the matter will be dealt with As Soon As Possible