Salaam Alekoum from a new revert (and how I came to Islam)

revert_north

NEW MUSLIMA
:salam2:

Salaam to all,

My name is "K" and I'm from the UK. I was born a Christian (although non-practicing...my family are not religious), and I became interested in Islam in late 2003. I became more serious and took my Shahaddah in mid-2006. I became INTERESTED in Islam because I was dating a Palestinian Mulsim at the time. Although he wasn't (and still isn't!) a practicing Muslim at the time, I could not help but be fascinated by his upbringing in the middle-east.

Like I said, he's not a religious man, but some of the practices he engaged in seemed a little strange to me, and it was only LATER that I realised that they were a product of being raised in the Islamic societies of Jordan and the United Arab Emirates.

After we split in early 2006, I still retained my interest in Islam, and decided that it may be a good idea to revert (Alhamdulillah, it *was* a great idea!). As I was free of my haraam relationship that I had been in (and rid of a no good man, Muslim or not!!), I decided to "go the whole hog" (no swine joke intended, LOL). I had not eaten pork in a looooooooong time which was nothing to do with Islam *at the time*, I had just decided that I did not like the taste (too salty), nor the idea of eating a pig, and also I had not drunk alcohol for a while, and I never was a big consumer of alcohol prior to embracing Islam anyway. So I decided to completely quit both of these vices, Alhamdullilah.

Astaghfirallah I must confess that I found it a little difficult at first, as I felt like I was depriving myself of something, but thankfully (alhamdullillah), God was with me and guided me through this time. I have not looked back since.

Secondly, I began to learn a few Arabic words, and my knowledge spread beyond the little conversational Arabic that I already knew prior to reverting, to an entire glossary of the meanings of all of the important Islamic phrases.

Unfortunately, I still have a looooong way to go with Arabic (I still can not read, may Allah help guide me in my learning), but alhamdulillah I have not let this impede my determination to live as a good Muslima nevertheless, and insha'allah I will be much better soon.

I am still learning hard and find out something new about this beautiful deen/way of life every single day. However, I feel that ALL Muslims, no matter the religion they were raised with, always have something to learn, as we are eternal students.

Your sister in Islam,

K.

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
:salam2: dearest sister, i hope you are feeling well inshallah, iam very happy that Allah has shown you the Right Path alhamdoulilah, May Allah bless you and protect you and all of us inshallah.

PS: i really like your last words; we always have something to learn, we are eternel students. I find this sentence very beautiful mashallah and personally that's the reason i'm here in this website, to learn

:wasalam:

:hijabi:

abou haytam

allaho akbar

salam sister `K` from UK.

hamdo lillah that allah show you the truth. you have 1000 000 000 brother and sisters now .

PS: try to revert your palestinien friend to Allah. i am sur incha allah you can do something for him. Prophete (PBUH) aske us to advise each other, to remember each other. you ex firend is now your brother.

wa salamo alikom ouarahmato allahi oua barakatoho

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member
:salam2:

Welcome to TTI sister K,

Alhamdulillaah for guiding you to Islam.

May Allah (swt) grant you a happy life and reward you with His Jannah.

wasalaam.

Noor to shine

big Family

Welcome sister and alhamduliAllah ....you are most welcome....now we are all your brothers and sisters in Islam ....you are part of a big Family.
:salah: :salah: :salah: :salah: :salah: