salaam and hello

mrsmcginty

Hiya.
I'm not currently a muslim although my boyfriend is one and due to this i am considering converting. I currently have no religion although i do belive in Allah which doesnt make much sense i know. The more i learn about Islam the more I have come to share the beliefs of Muslims.
I am slowly trying to adapt my lifestyle a little each week in order to become more Muslim like in my actions.
Any suggestions for changes that i can make that anyone has would be very much appreciated.
shukriya

:shake:

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Hello, and welcome to the website :)

inshaAllah we will help you.

Here are some good videos:

Learn About Islam Full Video Covering Many Topics

Feature Length film on True Islam

New Muslim Video

These are good articles to read:

Proof Of Allah's Existance from The Noble Quran

Learn About Allah, The One and Only God, The Creator and Sustainer of the universe.

What is a Muslim?

Who deserves to be Worshipped Alone?

Rights of Allah by Shaykh Muhammad ibn Uthaimeen (rahimahulah).

The real meaning of ‘uboodiyyah (true submission to Allaah)

You can read more here:

Introductory Articles About Islam

Also, just browse around the forum, and inshaAllah you will learn a lot. and feel free to ask any questions or get help.

salaamalikum,

Welcome to TTI, may this be a rewarding and knowledgeable experience for you. Don't hesistate to ask ANY questions you have.

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
welcome to TTI..hello mrsmcginty enoy ur stay..

ok, im pretty sure i'm not lol. thanx for all your help guys.:shake:

What is life without religion? What is the point of living and working and striving if it is not for the purpose of pleasing Allaah? Can there be any joy in life or salvation after death or any hope of attaining the bliss of Paradise without entering Islam? If we do not worship Allaah, what are we going to worship? Our whims and desires? Would a wise person accept to be the slave of his sexual desire that will soon come to an end or of some wealth that he will soon leave behind in this transient world? Man has a spirit that will never be at peace unless he worships Allaah. He has a conscience that cannot thrive except in the light of Allaah. He has a soul that can never be at ease unless it is in contact with Allaah, remembering Him, speaking to Him, praying and fasting for His sake, putting its trust in Him and repenting to Him

i wanna ask u question ..

Is there a Creator of this universe? ...

yes : The Creation is in Need of Allaah ...he is The Lord Of The Worlds n His is the creation and the commandment ...

n here : The evidence of the existence of God, and the wisdom behind His creation

then u'll belief in The Oneness of Allaah ...

n if u know who's creat u n how see : The creation of man

and here u can discover : Who do Muslims worship? ..

n here : The meaning of belief in Allaah ..

n here :The meaning of enslavement in Islam ...

and here u can discover the book who's send to muslims : The Holy Qur’aan

n here : Evidence that the Qur'aan is the Word of Allaah

n u should keep in ur mind that : The Qur’aan is a healing and a mercy to the believers .

n if u ask about our prophet :saw:

he is Muhammad :saw: (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) ..

n his words, actions, approval or attributes that have been narrated from him :saw: is Hadeeth ..

n here : Definition Of Islam ....The Deen of Islam ...

n here that the key of door of paradise..(the Shahaadatayn )...but there 's some Conditions of the acceptance of the Shahaadatayn ..

n here : The Pillars of Islam ..

finally......

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Is he who was dead (without Faith by ignorance and disbelief) and We gave him life (by knowledge and Faith) and set for him a light (of Belief) whereby he can walk amongst, like him who is in the darkness (of disbelief, polytheism and hypocrisy) from which he can never come out?…”
[al-An’aam 6:122]

“And whomsoever Allaah wills to guide, He opens his breast to Islam, and whomsoever He wills to send astray, He makes his breast closed and constricted, as if he is climbing up to the sky…”

[al-An’aam 6:125]

There is no need for hesitation in this matter, because it is the matter of freedom from the Fire of Hell and salvation from the wrath of al-Jabbaar (the Compeller, i.e., Allaah), and attaining the victory of happiness in this world and the next. Allaah Who created you and created the heavens and earth is greater, and obeying Him is more important, than the closest of relatives and the dearest of friends. Become Muslim and you will be safe

.......here :why islam ? ..check it out then insha`Allah u'll Revert To Islam ...

peace,

islamicfajr

misalat

:salam2: brother Fajr ....
:ma: what a beautiful information you provided to us!!! May Allah the Al mighty reward you for such a wonderfull job well done.

Jazaka Allah Kheir.:tti_sister:

justoneofmillion

have you ever stood in front of a mountain?have you ever really taken the time to observe the beauty of creation? the moon the stars the fruits the vegetables the spices and their different colors and flavors have you ever took the time to realise the complexity of creation from the functioning of our eyes our ears our hearts and brains our sleep .............................etc etc everything in the univers every and single part of us has got a reason for being and every function obeys certain laws and rules so how can we as a whole have no purpose? well that`s the majesty of ALLAH swt or call him as you want god,elohim, yahve,the one,the sustainer, the eternal, the most high,the self suficient,the only one who deserves to be seen as holy and deserves to be worshiped,the believe in ALLAHswt is not a matter of metaphysical speculation but a question of practical reason according to emmanuel kant.striving for knowledge is a duty to every muslim because that`s exactly what islam asks you to do and the quran challenges you to proove it wrong in order to guide you to a believe that`s within you that´s only asking to be lived a new level of counsciousness that`s based upon a logical,rational and practical approache so that when you finnaly embrace it inschallah you will not even remember being anything else it will seem to you as if you`ve always been a muslim this is called" fitra"in arabic.another thing, in islam there is no clergy no interlocutor between you and god almighty his is the only one who can forgive the sins of us human beings that intends to show us that we are all equal nomatter of our color, race , social rank no one has the monopole of the truth besides Allah swt,if we recognise that abide by it and implement it in our daily life then we are muslims and ALLAH swt will forgive us inshallah because allah `s mercy is not in our posetion it lyes in allah hand alone and" he"will lead us to a honorable place that he prepared for us that`s Allah`s promise and "he" never breakes"his "promise:SMILY206: :SMILY206: :SMILY206: :SMILY206: :SMILY206: :SMILY206: :SMILY206:shake:

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic
Welcome MrsMcginty to TTI!!! I hope you will find what you`re looking for here. We`re happy to have you among us. Nice to know you`re from Sussex.;)

lazim

Asalam Alaikum sister,

I am a revert to islam and also had no religion before I reverted and it was the best decision I ever made. May allah guide you and lead you to take you're shahada inshallah.

I think that if you believe in allah (swt) and that prophet muhammad (pbuh) was the the last prophet then you should take you're shahada asap. The reason I say this is because we dont know what allah (swt) has planned for us and therefore our lives could end any minute so the sooner the better. I see that other members of this site have provided you with sites to gain more information about islam so I hope these help you to come to a decision inshallah.

Any questions then please do ask!

Your sister in islam:hijabi:

mrsmcginty

thanks guys never expected sucha huge response! i do have a question kind of a personal one i guess but id be really grateful if someone could answer it. i know from my boyfriend that all muslim men are expected to shave their pubic and underarm hair, is this the same for muslim women?
thanx again everyone :tti_sister:

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
thanks guys never expected sucha huge response! i do have a question kind of a personal one i guess but id be really grateful if someone could answer it. i know from my boyfriend that all muslim men are expected to shave their pubic and underarm hair, is this the same for muslim women?
thanx again everyone :tti_sister:
yes

salehya

aslam alykum my brother !
asalam alykum - it's mean : peace be upon you , so first of all i ask my god during my prayers to guide your heart in the islam geart peace !
my brother ! may the man observes himself , and then ask : what is my purpose in the life ? how do deal with all the creactions ? am i in the true way ? what is the true religion ? how can i pray to myself , to my mother , my father , sisters and colleagues ? how can i success in my life ?
my brother ! read about the isalm distinctly and seek the true via asking Allah to guide you to the tranqwility soul peace in the islam !
may Allah preserve you !
asalm alykum!