Saudi Arabia questions

h4mza

Palestine Forever
Hi, i am going to Saudi Arabia this Tuesday to perform Umrah and will be staying for 2 weeks.

Have a couple of questions...

1. Want to take my iPhone as i can't live without it, but is there a risk of getting it lost or stolen in the airport.

2. Do they have free wifi in the hotels?

3. Do men wear western clothes such as jeans and t shirts?

May have a couple of more, but can't of them yet :D

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Assalamu`alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu

1. Depends on how you handle it

2. Wifi is available not sure if its free

3. Yes

sachin4islam

Assalam Alaikum:

You should avoid carrying costlier items. My friend who is presently in Saudi for Umrah lost some money,his uncle lost a costly mobile and another man from my city lost his complete hand bag which contained his passport, US Dollar 4300,and return ticket,while making Wudu in a Masjid.

Regards.

Regards.

twas19

Assalam Alaikum:

You should avoid carrying costlier items. My friend who is presently in Saudi for Umrah lost some money,his uncle lost a costly mobile and another man from my city lost his complete hand bag which contained his passport, US Dollar 4300,and return ticket,while making Wudu in a Masjid.

Regards.

Regards.

That is sad i mean even in a country like Saudi and a place like Masjid :astag:

dunno

ah well i have an iphone so feel free to bring urs but becareful.

many wear jeans and t-shirts

I hope u dont think that Saudi Arabia is a dangerous country.....It's one of the safest in the world.

In mecca lots of foreigners so u need to be careful and keep ur belongings close.

I hope u have a wonderful time PLEASE! if u have any questions feel free to ask me anything!

Seeker-of-truth

its a nice country u should be fine with your iPhone, Wifi is in most hotels i think.. it was in mine and people do wear western clothes in makkah and it is normal to wear whatever you want but you can buy a nice gown for like 25 riyals if ur a good hustler. What u gotta be careful of is leaving money behind in your hotel room. Be sure to stay in a bigger hotel with more people around, all hotel staff keep doubles of every key to every room, If u go to a grotty hotel they might actually take ur stuff. When we went lol my mum would carry all her money passports n tickets with us to the kaa'ba but left luggage behind. Have fun at Umrah and enjoy all the sights and please pray 4 me

bari

:salam2:

Loosing things is not usual in Harams. Do not carry valuable stuff with you. But iphone is ok. Wifi will be free this hajj season, untill then you will pay. It is not cheap.

mahussain3

Son of Aa'ishah(R.A)
IF ONE CANNOT TAKE CARE OF HIS VALUE LESS BELONGINGS(WORLDLY THINGS/POSSESSIONS) THAN HOW ON EARTH IS HE GOING TO TAKE CARE OF HIS PRECIOUS IMAAN ???????

Think about it..!!!