Saudi gang-rape victim is jailed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muslimah99

Bosnian Muslimah
Salaam,

I urge that we close this thread. It is speculation and we are writing in anger. It is of no instruction to anyone.

many threads are...why don't people delete all my threads nowyou are heading that way? That was not propaganda, I was merely asking for people's oppinion and I got my answer!

and well Saudi Arabia is not the best example of an islamic country :S sadly

but this case I understand now, the woman had obviously commited a major sin!:salam2:

Muslimah99

Bosnian Muslimah
LIKE WHAT IS GOING ON HERE, MY COUSIN POST THE SAME STORY AND THE mABSOOT CLOSED IT
like what is going on, goldenmuslimah posted the same story and Mabsoot closed it, so why is this still open. Not that I have problem with it being open but you can allow one person to do something and when a second person does it.........they are punished by having their thread closed.

WA ALAIKUM SALAM BRO AND SISTER,

I didn't know this, I had checked if someone had posted but nothing, and I posted.. they should also delete this if they deleted the other person's just I don't see the reason why they should? I was posting some articles I found circling in the news and asking for people's oppinion and people replied in a decent way and came up with contructive answers that answered a lot of questions I had!

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Assalamu-alaikum

:salam2:

Sister relax nobody is suggesting to delete all your threads or that they have any problem with you. Its just that we dont know what actually happened and sister was suggesting that if its only making us pointing fingers at each other than its better to end the discussion right here, thats all.

I appologise sister if you feel hurt by that.

The reason that I think other similar threads were deleted might be that someone might have found this one previously and deleted similars one so that all the people who wants to participate dont have to write on all three of them, just my opinion.

Muslimah99

Bosnian Muslimah

Sister relax nobody is suggesting to delete all your threads or that they have any problem with you. Its just that we dont know what actually happened and sister was suggesting that if its only making us pointing fingers at each other than its better to end the discussion right here, thats all.

I appologise sister if you feel hurt by that.

The reason that I think other similar threads were deleted might be that someone might have found this one previously and deleted similars one so that all the people who wants to participate dont have to write on all three of them, just my opinion.

indeed that is true

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
sister, are you sure she commited adultery, that is interesting then she deserves the sentence

she had called the guy to meet up with him.
you know why?
so he'd *return* a *photograph* of herself to her
and that's when the gang showed up
by the way..the guy who was with her was raped too (allegedly)

now..sit there and try to analyze

1. a married woman from saudi arabia.

2. calls up a "male friend" (WE'RE STILL IN SAUDI ARABIA!) to "meet him"..since when do muslim women openly have "male friends"? especially if they're married!

3. the man has a photograph of her. hhhmmmmm how did that photo end up with the guy?..and since she is saudi..there is a 90% chance that she is a niqabi..why would a niqabi (or any woman for that fact) give a photo of her to a guy that she is not related to and is only "her friend" in a very conservative muslim country? (it won't be a big deal in numerous other countries..i acknowledge that..but in SAUDI..it's a HUGE deal!)

4. if he was "her friend" why didn't she ask her husband to go meet him and take the picture back..or better yet..invite him to the house..and ask for it?

i know you'll say...you're speculating..and you're passing judgements

but seriously..if you sit down and think about it..you'll see why the court and the judges are punishing her along with everyone else

raping is wrong..NOBODY can DARE to justify it...

but the point is...

if she had been an honest and faithful woman..do you think that would have happened to her???..i think it was Allah's way of punishing her for taking advantage of her husband's trust in her..subhanallah!

saudi arabia does have it's defects..but come on..IT'S NOT A JUNGLE!

and one last thing..i don't think the thread should get deleted..even if we differ from everyone else in opinion..or get critcized for it..i encourage that..and actually enjoy it..it provokes me to *think*..discuss..review..research

aren't supposed to do that anyway?

you can't just suggest deleting a thread every time a debate starts!
especially...if you're not the person *who started* that thread..i would get so offended by that if it was me

:wasalam:

tabaria

she had called the guy to meet up with him.
you know why?
so he'd *return* a *photograph* of herself to her
and that's when the gang showed up
by the way..the guy who was with her was raped too (allegedly)

now..sit there and try to analyze

1. a married woman from saudi arabia.

2. calls up a "male friend" (WE'RE STILL IN SAUDI ARABIA!) to "meet him"..since when do muslim women openly have "male friends"? especially if they're married!

3. the man has a photograph of her. hhhmmmmm how did that photo end up with the guy?..and since she is saudi..there is a 90% chance that she is a niqabi..why would a niqabi (or any woman for that fact) give a photo of her to a guy that she is not related to and is only "her friend" in a very conservative muslim country? (it won't be a big deal in numerous other countries..i acknowledge that..but in SAUDI..it's a HUGE deal!)

4. if he was "her friend" why didn't she ask her husband to go meet him and take the picture back..or better yet..invite him to the house..and ask for it?

i know you'll say...you're speculating..and you're passing judgements

but seriously..if you sit down and think about it..you'll see why the court and the judges are punishing her along with everyone else

raping is wrong..NOBODY can DARE to justify it...

but the point is...

if she had been an honest and faithful woman..do you think that would have happened to her???..i think it was Allah's way of punishing her for taking advantage of her husband's trust in her..subhanallah!

saudi arabia does have it's defects..but come on..IT'S NOT A JUNGLE!

and one last thing..i don't think the thread should get deleted..even if we differ from everyone else in opinion..or get critcized for it..i encourage that..and actually enjoy it..it provokes me to *think*..discuss..review..research

aren't supposed to do that anyway?

you can't just suggest deleting a thread every time a debate starts!
especially...if you're not the person *who started* that thread..i would get so offended by that if it was me

Sooooo true. I was going to post that maybe the judge didn't believe her story.

Since when should we believe anything the western media says? Women are raped all the time by American soldiers in Iraq. How come they don't cover that? I would never place much weight on anything coming from the western media. They're just propaganda machines.

dna1987

Muslim Guy
like what is going on, goldenmuslimah posted the same story and Mabsoot closed it, so why is this still open. Not that I have problem with it being open but you can allow one person to do something and when a second person does it.........they are punished by having their thread closed.

Salam alaikum.

1. This consistency thing is an issue, isn't it? :p
2. Goldenmuslimah is your cousin?? *shocks*
3. To the comments about the lady getting sentenced to 90 lashes originally - it must be understood that this sentence was not because she was raped but because she broke segragation rules - and hopefully, the punishment for such a thing is consistent upon everybody and also regardless of gender.
4. I don't believe this to be "finger-pointing" as I have only talked about what more than one news source has reported and without bringing up my own theories. We can't progress as a society if we don't address and resolve any problems that arise in it - and turning a blind eye and refusing to ever discuss a possible mistake isn't going to help. Also, imagine if one you were personally related to the girl in question, surely you'd want the rapists to be sentenced properly then. For anyone bringing up their own theories, please post a link.

I replied to different posts made in the thread in one go here.

Salam alalikum.

samiha

---------
Staff member
LIKE WHAT IS GOING ON HERE, MY COUSIN POST THE SAME STORY AND THE mABSOOT CLOSED IT

Calm down sis. Ok, will point out a few points then place Mabsoot's closing post on that thread and wrap this up insha'allah.

Usually we dont like repeats, we just didn't happen to see this one, and also the fact that perhaps it should have been equally closed. i saw the former thread by your cousin, but I too have been occupied all day. Please be patient with us moderators ... we do have things outside the website which do not always let us perhaps attend to the needs of the Users as early as we would like.

IN this regard we ask all your help. :) If you see something wrong, or something you think could be wrong or needs changing, PM a Moderator or maybe Admin, and we will try to get back ASAP. THere are also options to "report posts". I'm actually not postive where these go, but I'm sure the Administrator registers them.

Please dont think we are trying to thus be unfair or rude to anyone. If people would imagine the sheer volume of posts and threads on TTI, and the amount of things we would need to go through to see each and everything on time of its conception, we would have to be here all day! So we try insha'allah to do what we can, as soon as we can.

And as for Users, we make no differenciation between them. We were not considering goldenmuslimah any differently that her thread was closed. I'm sure many of us have had threads closed and we do not place it as a "punishments". I've had many posts of mine deleted, and perhaps closed. It's just somethings are many times, what people talk and argue pointlessly over and spend time on, and it's not worth ANY value!

Just watch, maybe this thread gets more views then one perhaps on the Imporatance of Hajj, or any related topic. Isn't that sad? Sometimes people would rather argue fruitlessly and so call "point fingers" at others whilst at the same time not spend the time to learn about something more important and benfitting. We dont like things getting out of hand, out of proportion; we dont like users talking about things they have no knowledge, or limited knowledge of and will talk only of opinions with no base.

To maintain a website such as this, certain rules need to be kept. I'm just trying to show, this wasn't a "punishment" and we're not trying to be unfair either.

Whew, I'm sure everyone is tired of me talking, so, to conclude, about this situation: Allahu 'Alem. Allah knows best and He is the best of Judges, i leave this to Him and those guilty of any crime to be taken account for on the Day of Judgement. :) Am i glad i'm not a judge, what a scary position!!

Mabsoot Quote from the Same Closed Thread said:
Wa alaykum salam,

If someone is raped, then they should not be punished.

No country is perfect, no judge is perfect. These issues are for the Scholars of Islam to investigate and to sort out.

We have no details on the whole case or what happened in it.

However, I would mention that in Islam, the victim of a crime such as rape, should be treated in most respect and never hurt or punished in anyway. Astaghfirullah. It is not from Shari'ah to punish victims or humiliate them.

Only those who commit the crimes should be punished..

wasalam

Status
Not open for further replies.