Saudi recipes

DanyalSAC

Asalaamu alaikum -

I was chatting with my friend in KSA and he went offline for dinner. When he came back, I asked him what he ate (I love learning about other cultures' foods). He said "ma'assob and motabaq". Then he must have used the google translation feature because I ended up with a long string of English words starting with the word "blindfolded". Doing some search on my own I found a recipe for "mutabbaq" which I gather in Arabic means "folded" because its a snack of eggs and meat (and various other versions) stuffed into a "folded" square of dough. It looks good enough to want to try!

Now... does anyone know what "ma'assob" is? When I try to google it I get a thousand pages about Massachusetts (the "ma" at the front).

Thanks
D

HIBBA2009

Daughter of Adam
Walikumsalam wah rehmahtullah wah bahrkahtu

Ma'assob is a healthy delicious banana recipie.

Here is the Recipe:)

Ingredients

1 medium fresh Banana
Granulated Sugar, 0.25 cup
Margarine, soft, 2 tsp
Cardamom, ground, 1 tbsp

Directions
in a deep sauce pan, on medium heat, melt the margarine
1- add the toast (after cutting it to medium peices)
2 -stir it until become crunchy
3 -add the sugar and mix it
4 -add the smashed banana ith the cardimom and mix it for 2 minutes only then remove it from the stove.

Walikumsalam wah rahmahtullah wah bahkraktu

UmmTalal

Alhumdullah!
Asalaamu alaikum -

I was chatting with my friend in KSA and he went offline for dinner. When he came back, I asked him what he ate (I love learning about other cultures' foods). He said "ma'assob and motabaq". Then he must have used the google translation feature because I ended up with a long string of English words starting with the word "blindfolded". Doing some search on my own I found a recipe for "mutabbaq" which I gather in Arabic means "folded" because its a snack of eggs and meat (and various other versions) stuffed into a "folded" square of dough. It looks good enough to want to try!

Now... does anyone know what "ma'assob" is? When I try to google it I get a thousand pages about Massachusetts (the "ma" at the front).

Thanks
D

Asalam Alaykum, motabaq is actually like a thin piece of bread with filling. Here in Saudi we usually have it with ground lamb, chopped eggs and veggies. Its folded into a square and grilled. Think of it as a thin calzone :)

I have a Saudi food site you can look for more of our food there inshAllah :)
its called Ya Salam Cooking :muslim_child:

DanyalSAC

Asalam Alaykum, motabaq is actually like a thin piece of bread with filling. Here in Saudi we usually have it with ground lamb, chopped eggs and veggies. Its folded into a square and grilled. Think of it as a thin calzone :)

I have a Saudi food site you can look for more of our food there inshAllah :)
its called Ya Salam Cooking :muslim_child:

Wa alaikum salaam - I am very familiar with Ya Salam Cooking. That's where I've gotten my recipe for sadiq dajaja.