Say No to Dowry.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalamu alaikum

jazaka'Allah khair little sister....I just wanted to point out that for many people growing up in this era, culture has little to no meaning no matter where a person is from. We're soo worried about "what Islam says" that we over look what culture says which is a good thing for the most part (alhamdulillah). But for our parents...its sort of hard to do that, which is why I asked if it would hurt the parents or not.

I ask Allah to forgive our shortcomings!...

abu_tamim

Oh sis! Don't worry about it. I'm Pakistani myself and my personal opinion is that is ridiculous to make such a fuss about a dowry. Marriage is a Blessing in itself, so WHAT is the use of a dowry and WHY must people fight about it? It's unnecessary and ungrateful to behave in such a way when Allah (SW) has given you such a privilege.

Salam :D

:salam2:
Confusing post sis. Care to elaborate?

rightpath_357

Asalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

LOLL i just realized what I said sounded pretty weird though I meant every bit of it. :)
I know dowry is an important thing and people value it as it's also a part of tradition. Also, it's a woman's right in Islam and must be given by a man. Astagfir'Allah, I wasn't questioning Islam.

However, what my statement was referring to is when misled people believe that a woman's family MUST give a dowry, and sickening persons who take such steps as to harm the bride or humiliate the family if they do not give enough money.

I hope I didn't offend anyone.

Salam :D