Saying "Ameen" aloud after Surah al-Fatiha

Status
Not open for further replies.

zakaria195

Assalamualikum:

I have a question concering saying "Ameen" out-loud after surah Al-Faitha when praying in a Jamat. Why do some people say "Ameen" out-loud while others don't ? Is this specifically an issue of MADHAB ?

Is there any indication in the Quran or in Hadith about this ? :salah:

Jazakallahu kahyran
- Zakaria

Abul Harith

Staff member
Asalam alaikom,

It is the Sunnah to say Ameen aloud behind the Imam. We follow what the Prophet :saw: did as He :saw: said "Pray as you have seen me pray."

Narrated Malik: We came to the Prophet and we were young men nearly of equal ages and we stayed with him for twenty nights. Allah's Apostle was a very kind man and when he realized our longing for our families, he asked us about those whom we had left behind. When we informed him, he said, "Go back to your families and stay with them and teach them (religion) and order them (to do good deeds). The Prophet mentioned things some of which I remembered and some I did not. Then he said, "Pray as you have seen me praying, and when it is the time of prayer, one of you should pronounce the call (Adhan) for the prayer and the eldest of you should lead the prayer.
Bukhari Volume 9, Book 91, Number 352:

[SIZE=+3][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Garamond]The aameen, and the Imaam's saying it Loudly [/FONT][/SIZE]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When he (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) finished reciting al- Faatihah, he would say:
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
241.gif
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
("aameen") loudly, prolonging his voice.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He also used to order the congregation to say aameen: When the imaam says,
242.gif
"Not of those who receive (Your) anger, nor of those who go astray", then say "aameen" [for the angels say "aameen" and the imaam says aameen"] (in another narration: when the imaam says "aameen" say "aameen"), so he whose aameen coincides with the aameen of the angels (in another narration: when one of you says "aameen" in prayer and the angels in the sky say "aameen", and they coincide), his past sins are forgiven. In another hadeeth: ... then say aameen; Allaah will answer you.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He also used to say: The Jews do not envy you over anything as much as they envy you over the salutation and aameen [behind the imaam].[/FONT]

It is sunnah for everyone to say 'ameen after reciting al-Fatihah. The word ameen is not part of al-Fatihah, but rather a supplication meaning, "O Allah, respond (to or answer what we have said). It should be said aloud in the prayers where the recital is aloud, and quietly in the prayers where the recital is silent. Said Na'eem al-Mujamir, "I prayed behind Abu Hurairah and he said, 'In the name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful,' then recited al-Fatihah, and closed it with 'ameen. The people also said 'ameen. After the prayer, Abu Hurairah said, 'By the One in whose Hand is my soul, I have followed the prayer of the Prophet."

Al-Bukhari mentioned this hadith in mu'allaq from while others, such as an-Nasa'i, Ibn Khuzaimah, Ibn Hibban and Ibn as-Siraj related it. Al-Bukhari records that Ibn Shihab (az-Zuhri) said, "The Messenger of Allah, upon whom be peace, would say, 'ameen."

Says 'Ata, "'Ameen is a supplication." Ibn az-Zubair and those behind him would say 'ameen and the mosque would ring with their voices.

Reported Nafa', "Ibn 'Umar did not encourage the people to say it aloud, nor did he discourage them. I have heard him report that." Reporting on this same subject, Abu Hurairah said, "When the Messenger of Allah, upon whom be peace, would recite, '...Not with those with whom You are displeased and not of those who have gone astray,' he would say, 'ameen such that those close to him could hear him." (Related by Abu Dawud.) Ibn Majah's version is, "Until the people in the first row would hear him, and the mosque would ring with the sound." Al-Hakim also relates this hadith, and says that it is sahih according to the criterion of al-Bukhari and Muslim. Al-Baihaqi calls it hassan sahih. Ad-Daraqutni considers it as hassan.

A similar report from Wa'il ibn Jubair says, "I heard the Messenger of Allah, upon whom be peace, recite, '...and not of those who have gone astray,' and then say 'ameen, and make it long with his voice." This was related by Ahmad. Abu Dawud has it with the wording, "And he would raise his voice with it." At-Tirmizhi classifies it as hassan and states, "More than one knowledgeable companion and those who followed them have said that a person should raise his voice while saying 'ameen and not make it silent." Ibn Hajr holds that the chain of this hadith is sahih. Reported 'Ata, "I have found two hundred companions of the Prophet, upon whom be peace, in this mosque and when the imam recited,'...and not of those who have gone astray,' I heard them say 'ameen."'Aishah reported that the Prophet, upon whom be peace, said, 'The Jews do not envy you for anything more than they envy you for the salutations and the saying of 'ameen behind the imam." (Related by Ahmad and Ibn Majah)

It is preferred to say 'ameen along with the imam, and not before or after him

Abu Hurairah reported that the Prophet, upon whom be peace, said, When the imam recites, '... not of those with whom You are angered nor of those who have gone astray,' you should say 'ameen. If this corresponds to when the angels say it, he will have all of his previous sins forgiven." (Related by al-Bukhari.) He also reported that the Prophet said, "When the imam recites, '...not of those with whom you are angered nor of those who have gone astray,' then say 'ameen (along with the imam), for the angels say 'ameen and the imam says 'ameen. If his 'ameen corresponds to the 'ameen of the angels, he will have his previous sins forgiven." (Related by Ahmad, Abu Dawud and an-Nasa'i.)​

Imadulbarq

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله
ikhwati, idont think its wise to talk about madahib issues ,,the best thing is to give the information ,to help in a condition to have an argument,a proof from Kitab & Sunnah also if you know its an issue between Madahib ,i advise my brothers & sisters to give the assent , " IJMA3" the right answer given by Ulama & Scholars (Ahl assunah wa aljama3a) like this we avoid problems.

what i know as im living in malik madhab follower country , they 're saying Ameen loudly after the Imaam.

please read this :

The Aameen, And The Imaam's Saying It Loudly​

When he (sal-Allaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) finished reciting al-Faatihah, he would say:

024_1.jpg

«aameen» loudly, prolonging his voice. [149]

He also used to order the congregation to say aameen:

«When the imaam says,

024_2.jpg

"Not of those who receive (Your) anger, nor of those who go astray", then say "aameen" [for the angels say "aameen" and the imaam says aameen"] (in another narration: when the imaam says "aameen" say "aameen"), so he whose aameen coincides with the aameen of the angels (in another narration: when one of you says "aameen" in prayer and the angels in the sky say "aameen", and they coincide), his past sins are forgiven.»[150] In another hadeeth: ...then say aameen; Allaah will answer you. [151]

He also used to say:

«The Jews do not envy you over anything as much as they envy you over the salutation and aameen [behind the imaam].»[152]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
[149] al-Bukhaaree in Juz' al-Qiraa.ah and Abu Daawood with a saheeh isnaad.

[150] al-Bukhaaree, Muslim, an-Nasaa.ee, and ad-Daarimee; the additional wordings are reported by the latter two, and prove that this hadeeth cannot justify that the imaam does not say aameen, as reported from Maalik; hence, Ibn Hajar says in Fat.hul-Baaree, "It clearly shows that the imaam says aameen." Ibn `Abdul Barr says in Tamheed (7/[13), "It is the view of the majority of the Muslims, including Maalik as the people of Madeenah report from him, for it is authentic from Allaah's Messenger (sal-Allaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) through the ahaadeeth of Abu Hurayrah (i.e. this one) and that of Waa.il ibn Hujr (i.e. the previous one)."

[151] Muslim and Abu `Awaanah.

[152] al-Bukhaaree in al-Adab al-Mufrad, Ibn Maajah, Ibn Khuzaymah, Ahmad and Siraaj with two saheeh isnaads.

*NB: The aameen of the congregation behind the imaam should be done loudly and simultaneously with the imaam, not before him as the majority of worshippers do, nor after him. This is what I finally find most convincing, as I have explained in some of my works, among them Silsilat al-ahaadeeth ad-da`eefah (no. 952, vol. 2) which has been printed and published by the grace of Allaah, and Saheeh at-Targheeb wat-Tarheeb (1/205). See Appendix 6.

Sifat Salat Annabiy (sallah allah alayh wassalam) min Attakbir ila attaslim ka Annaka taraha. 'The Prohet's Paryer Described'
Sheikh .Mohammad Nasir Addin Al-Albany rahimahu Allah
Source

salek

as a follower of hanafi madhab i used to say ameen silently since my childhood. but here in canada when we pray in the mosque, half of the people say ameen aloud, very loudly. sometimes i lose the concentration cause somebody utter very long, somebody short. for all the voice defferences, it break the concentration and the peace of my heart. but now i got used to it when people say loud i just match the rhyhm silently. but i think it's not a big issue, i respect the different views and opinions of our ummah.
i love them all.:salah:

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
as a follower of hanafi madhab i used to say ameen silently since my childhood. but here in canada when we pray in the mosque, half of the people say ameen aloud, very loudly. sometimes i lose the concentration cause somebody utter very long, somebody short. for all the voice defferences, it break the concentration and the peace of my heart. but now i got used to it when people say loud i just match the rhyhm silently. but i think it's not a big issue, i respect the different views and opinions of our ummah.
i love them all.:salah:

Totally agree, I follow Shafee but I'm in favour of saying ameen in small voice (but not completely silent). This is due to my own experience during Friday and Tarawih prayers. To whom are we saying ameen to? To Allah right? Why so loud? The reason as explained above some people are saying it too loud, once I was caught by surprise when man behind me said "ameen" like screaming. I totally lost concentration for a while and I was very angry at him.

daywalker

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله
ikhwati, idont think its wise to talk about madahib issues ,,the best thing is to give the information ,to help in a condition to have an argument,a proof from Kitab & Sunnah also if you know its an issue between Madahib ,

The Aameen, And The Imaam's Saying It Loudly​
When he (sal-Allaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) finished reciting al-Faatihah, he would say:

024_1.jpg
no brother bringing info isn´t enough. It has been said, when imam says sami Allahuliman hamida, muqtadi must say : rabbana lakal hamd, do you say RAbbana lakal hamd same way like Ameen? the word QUL doesnt says do i need to say it loud or silent.
He also used to order the congregation to say aameen:
He did loud dhikr to teach , and later time didn´t. scholars differs with usool and understanding.

Both have opinion and both are Sunnah mashallah. and instead pasting one way info , feel free to read it once inshallah:

http://www.central-mosque.com/fiqh/amensil.htm

i said to read it cause you said bring info is enough, where it has been issue of madhab(school of fiqh) since last 1200 years. having hadith infront of you ins´t enough to take rule out of it.

The great stalwart of Hadith, Imam Sufyan Thawri رحمه الله تعالى said:

“Understanding Ahadith is better than merely listening to it.”

Abu Ali al-Nisaburi رحمه الله تعالى said:

Understanding Ahadith is more important to us than memorizing it.”

Ibn Uqda رحمه الله تعالى said:

“Narrate less Ahadith for Ahadith is not appropriate except for those who know the ta’weel (interpretation) of them.”

Ibn Wahb رحمه الله تعالى narrates that he heard Imam Malik رحمه الله تعالى say:

“Many Ahadith could be a means of misguidance.”

Ibn Abi Zayd al-Qayrawani رحمه الله تعالى quotes ibn U’yayna رحمه الله تعالى as saying:

“Hadith is a means of been led astray except for the Fuqaha”

Imam Tirmidhi رحمه الله تعالى mentions:

“The Fuqaha understand the meaning of Ahadith the best.”
i advise my brothers & sisters to give the assent , " IJMA3" the right answer given by Ulama & Scholars (Ahl assunah wa aljama3a) like this we avoid problems.
Ijma means where none scholars disagree , but about this matter scholars disagree. so its not a matter of Ijma. a certain places scholars agreeing upon something Isn´t Ijma of scholars.

Yusuf1990

al-Inglezi
As-salaamu'alaykum ikhwaan,

It's quite clear from the evidnce that the saying of the 'Ameen' out loud is an established Sunnah.

There should be no objection to this, even when someones madhab says something else. Each madhab is right in some issues and wrong in others and they all differ. What is important is to follow the evidence and what has been established from the Sunnah, you must remember that each of the four imaams lived very early on, before the times of Bukhaari and Muslim, there were no huge authentic ahadeeth compilations, there did exist big collections but they were not all authentic. They only had what had reached them, this is why in each of them we can pick out many mistakes in matters of fiqh, but also they were correct in many issues as I said.

Some of their statements, regarding following the evidence when it is established:

Abu Haneefa (rahimahullaah): "When I say something contradicting the Book of Allaah the Exalted or what is narrated from the Messenger (sallAllaahu'alaihi wasalaam), then ignore my saying".

Maalik ibn Anas (rahimahullaah): "Truely I am only a mortal; I make mistakes (sometimes) and I am correct (sometimes). Therefore look into my opinions, all that agrees with the Book and the Sunnah - accept it, and all that does not agree with the Book and Sunnah - ignore it".

Ash-Shaafi'ee (rahimahullaah): "Every statement on the authority of the Prophet (sallAllaahu'alaihi wasalaam) is also my view, even if you do not hear it from me".

Ahmad ibn Hanbal (rahimahullaah): "Whoever rejects a statement of the Messenger of Allaah (sallAllaahu'alaihi wasalaam) is on the brink of destruction".

And these are just a few of many beautiful sayings reported from them.

So we should not be blindly clinging to our madhaahib, but rather clinging to the Sunnah of Allaah's Messenger (sallAllaahu'alaihi wasalaam).

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
:salam2:

1. Imam Abu Haneefa Rahimahullah used to say
"Iza Sahhal Hadeeth fa hua madhabi".
When authetic hadith comes, then it is my Maddhab

Please correct me I have quoted wrong.

So the Imaams have clearly told us not to follow their sayings if they ever contradict the authentic hadeeth.
Now, the responsibility is upon us.

1. Do we still want to stick to our Madhhabs even when it is clear contradiction to an authetic hadeeth?
Or
2. do as all the Imaam have advised.
.i.e leave their saying respectfully and follow the authentic hadeeth.

I would choose #2

:wasalam:

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother

1. Imam Abu Haneefa Rahimahullah used to say

Please correct me I have quoted wrong.

So the Imaams have clearly told us not to follow their sayings if they ever contradict the authentic hadeeth.
Now, the responsibility is upon us.

1. Do we still want to stick to our Madhhabs even when it is clear contradiction to an authetic hadeeth?
Or
2. do as all the Imaam have advised.
.i.e leave their saying respectfully and follow the authentic hadeeth.

I would choose #2

I would choose #2 as well.

Imadulbarq

no brother bringing info isn´t enough. It has been said, when imam says sami Allahuliman hamida, muqtadi must say : rabbana lakal hamd, do you say RAbbana lakal hamd same way like Ameen? the word QUL doesnt says do i need to say it loud or silent.
[/B]
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله
daywalker i think you cut my word & you didn't continue what i said:,,,the best thing is to give the information ,to help in a condition to have an argument,a proof from Kitab & Sunnah also if you know its an issue between Madahib ,

1-well i think when someone tells me Allah says ,his messenger says salla allah alayh wassalam is enough for meة for ahlu assunha waljama3a!(of curse the explanation from the Ulama)
ibnu alqayyam (rahimahu allah) said:
العلم قال الله قال رسوله قال الصحابة ليس بالتمويه
ما العلم نصبك للخلاف سفاهة بين الرسول ورأي فقيه
Hope you could read in arabic & please try to understand !
so what i wrote is clear ,that to avoid talking about madahib differences in every topic opened here!! to AVOID problems and making others confused specially new muslims and reverts, we 're not Ulama to discuss about these differences akhi !

2- i think i ve quoted what i wrote from "The Prophet's prayer described "Book for Sheikh Alalbani Rahimahu allah and he s 3Alim in Hadith and his madhab is SUNNAH just Sunnah this is what we call Ahlu Assunah wa aljama3a! so he knows better which is da3if,Sahih,hassen,mawdu3,etc so if he told me this isnt done by the prophet, i trust him because it's not from Sunnah!.
what you said about sami3a Allah limen hamidah,,etc its same like Ameen i need to know what the prophets salla allah alay wassalam did & said! and in his book he explained very well !
please read what was written in the Footnote of my previous post!

you said:
He did loud dhikr to teach , and later time didn´t. scholars differs with usool and understanding.
from where you know he didnt loud dhikr later?,,any hadith,,riwaya?
and i think you're wrong akhi by saying Scholars differs with Usool because the difference is in Furu3, Usool is 3akida,, ,etc so ahlu assunah wa aljama3a agree on 3aquida ,& usool & if you find one its rarely a scholar or 3alim didnt agree but we shoudnt follow him in this! and we don't consider its ijtihad!
3-excuse me maybe i wasnt clear when i said Ijma3 ,i d say : 9awl jumhor al3ulama (its what Ulama and sheikh have advised )
والحمد لله في الأولى والأخرة.

fada_all

jazakom allah khir katir for your more explanation but i don't get the meaning behind this

may alah reward you the hightest rank in al firdaous alaala

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
jazakom allah khir katir for your more explanation but i don't get the meaning behind this

may alah reward you the hightest rank in al firdaous alaala

:salam2: Akhi,

JazakAllahu Khairan Akhi for poiting that out...

I looked in the book for the quote, it is in urdu . Translated into english roughly it means

"The authentic Hadith is my Maddhab."
I guess “When Hadeeth is authentic, then it is my madhhab.” is a better translation.

I'm looking for the exact Arabic quote though.

Imadulbarq

I looked in the book for the quote, it is in urdu . Translated into english roughly it means

I guess “When Hadeeth is authentic, then it is my madhhab.” is a better translation.

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله

أقوال الأئمة في الحديث
هذه بعض أقوال الأئمة - رحمهم الله - ترفع الملام عنهم وتبين الحق لأتباعهم :

الإمام أبو حنيفة - رحمه الله - ، وكل الناس عيال على فقهه ، يقول :

1 - لا يحل لأحد أن يأخذ بقولنا ما لم يعلم من أين أخذناه .

2 - حرام على من لم يعرف دليلي أن يفتي بكلامي ، فإننا بشر نقول القول اليوم ، ونرجع عنه غدا .

3 - إذا قلت قولا يخالف كتاب الله ، وخبر الرسول صلى الله عليه وسلم فاتركوا قولي .

4 - يقول ابن عابدين في كتابه : إذا صح الحديث ، وكان على خلاف المذهب ، عُمل بالحديث ، ويكون ذلك مذهبه ، ولا يخرج مقلده عن كونه حنفيا بالعمل به ، فقد صح عن أبي حنيفة أنه قال : " إذا صح الحديث فهو مذهبي " .

الإمام مالك - رحمه الله - إمام أهل المدينة المنورة يقول :

1 - إنما أنا بشر أخطئ وأصيب ، فانظروا في رأيي ، فكل ما وافق الكتاب والسنة فخذوه ، وكل ما لم يوافق الكتاب والسنة فاتركوه .

2 - ليس أحد بعد النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم إلا ويؤخذ من قوله ويترك إلا النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم .

الإمام الشافعي - رحمه الله - وهو من آل البيت يقول :

1 - ما من أحد إلا وتذهب عليه سنة من سنن رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم وتغيب عنه ، فمهما قلت من قول ، أو أصلت من أصل فيه عند الرسول صلى الله عليه وسلم خلاف ما قلت ، فالقول ما قاله رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم وهو قولي .

2 - أجمع المسلمون على أنه من استبان له سنة عن رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم ، لم يحل لأحد أن يدعها لقول أحد .

3 - إذا وجدتم في كتابي خلاف سنة رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم فقولوا بقول رسول الله ، وهو قولي .

4 - إذا صح الحديث فهو مذهبي .

5 - قال يخاطب الإمام أحمد بن حنبل : أنتم أعلم بالحديث والرجال مني ، فإذا كان الحديث صحيحا فأعلموني به حتى أذهب إليه .

6 - كل مسألة صح فيها الخبر عن رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم عند أهل النقل بخلاف ما قلت ، فأنا راجع عنه في حياتي وبعد موتي .

الإمام أحمد بن حنبل - رحمه الله - ، وهو إمام أهل السنة يقول :

1 - لا تقلدني ، ولا تقلد مالكا ، ولا الشافعي ، ولا الأوزاعي ، ولا الثوري ، وخذ من حيث أخذوا .

2 - من رد حديث رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم ، فهو على شفا هلكة .

Source

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله

عن أبي حنيفة أنه قال : " إذا صح الحديث فهو مذهبي " .

2 - من رد حديث رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم ، فهو على شفا هلكة .

Source

As Salaam Alaykum AKhi,

That's the quote in red

JakazakAllahu Khairan!!!

fada_all

salam alikom:salah:

jazaka allah khir katir brother for your axplanation ,:tti_sister::tti_sister: may allah reward you al firdaous al a''la and all msulims

Union

Like other thousands of issues , this saying Ameen silently or loudly is another issue for which Muslim ummah are arguing and belittling one another for thousand years . But did anybody of this forum think of looking in to the ‘HUDALLIL MUTTAQIN’ to reconcile the issue? Almighty Allah clearly says in the Qur’an :

[005:101] O ye who believe! Ask not questions about things which, if made plain to you, may cause you trouble. But if ye ask about things when the Quran is being revealed, they will be made plain to you, God will forgive those: for God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Forbearing.

Therefore any inquisition may arise regarding deen Islam we must turn our attention to the infallible book of Allah , the Omniscient . This is the only way to solve the disputation that tore the Ummah into parts .

Now regarding the issue of reciting Ameen , Allah the Almighty didn’t give us any instruction in the Qur’an to recite Ameen in the Salah . In fact Ameen is a non-Quranic and non-Arabic word . Therefore to recite it (doesn’t matter loudly or silently) should null the Salah .

Thanks.

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
Like other thousands of issues , this saying Ameen silently or loudly is another issue for which Muslim ummah are arguing and belittling one another for thousand years . But did anybody of this forum think of looking in to the ‘HUDALLIL MUTTAQIN’ to reconcile the issue? Almighty Allah clearly says in the Qur’an :

[005:101] O ye who believe! Ask not questions about things which, if made plain to you, may cause you trouble. But if ye ask about things when the Quran is being revealed, they will be made plain to you, God will forgive those: for God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Forbearing.

Therefore any inquisition may arise regarding deen Islam we must turn our attention to the infallible book of Allah , the Omniscient . This is the only way to solve the disputation that tore the Ummah into parts .

Now regarding the issue of reciting Ameen , Allah the Almighty didn’t give us any instruction in the Qur’an to recite Ameen in the Salah . In fact Ameen is a non-Quranic and non-Arabic word . Therefore to recite it (doesn’t matter loudly or silently) should null the Salah .

Thanks.

Isn't Prophet :saw: not with the most Taqwa ?
Aren't the Sahabas ammong the "Muttaqoon" ?
YES.
No one taught Quran better than the Prophet and noone understood Quran better than the Sahabas.

Is it OK to follow desires/Shaytaan/etc in small issues and follow the Prophet only in BIG issues ? Does the Quran say that?
Who should we follow in small issues if not the Prophet and the Sahabas?

We should do what Prophet told us to do.
We should follow him just as the Sahabas did.
And yes we should pray Salah as the Prophet :saw: has prayed.

We should follow him in all of our small and BIG issues If we are indeed the true followers of the Prophet :saw:.

As Quran says "Whatsoever the Messenger gives you, take it; and whatsoever he forbids you, abstain (from it). And fear Allah; verily, Allah is severe in punishment. (59:7) "

We should say Ameen outloud.

Union

Isn't Prophet :saw: not with the most Taqwa ?
Aren't the Sahabas ammong the "Muttaqoon" ?
YES.
No one taught Quran better than the Prophet and noone understood Quran better than the Sahabas.

Is it OK to follow desires/Shaytaan/etc in small issues and follow the Prophet only in BIG issues ? Does the Quran say that?
Who should we follow in small issues if not the Prophet and the Sahabas?

We should do what Prophet told us to do.
We should follow him just as the Sahabas did.
And yes we should pray Salah as the Prophet :saw: has prayed.

We should follow him in all of our small and BIG issues If we are indeed the true followers of the Prophet :saw:.

As Quran says "Whatsoever the Messenger gives you, take it; and whatsoever he forbids you, abstain (from it). And fear Allah; verily, Allah is severe in punishment. (59:7) "

We should say Ameen outloud.

01-The teaching that you are rendering to the Prophet and his companions are actually of the writers of those books . All the references regarding the issue came from such books which were compiled about more than 200 years after the Prophet and his companions . Therefore those are just guess and assumptions on the name of the Prophet and his companions.

02- As it is quite evident that the sources that you are relying with have the contradictory ruling of saying Amin , so can not be qualified to be truth unless Book of Allah , the Almighty should be taken in between .

03- Prophet Muhammad was instructed and commanded to rule and implement laws according to the Quran only . Plenty of verses reflect this grave command of Allah. See the followings as example :

[005:048] To thee We sent the Scripture in truth, confirming the scripture that came before it, and guarding it in safety: SO JUDGE BETWEEN THEM BY WHAT GOD HATH REVEALED, and follow not their vain desires, diverging from the Truth that hath come to thee. To each among you have we prescribed a law and an open way. If God had so willed, He would have made you a single people, but (His plan is) to test you in what He hath given you: so strive as in a race in all virtues. The goal of you all is to God; it is He that will show you the truth of the matters in which ye dispute;

[005:049] And this (He commands): JUDGE THOU BETWEEN THEM BY WHAT GOD HATH REVEALED, and follow not their vain desires, but beware of them lest they beguile thee from any of that (teaching) which God hath sent down to thee. And if they turn away, be assured that for some of their crime it is God's purpose to punish them. And truly most men are rebellious.

So many other verses instructed Muhammad to follow the teaching of Qur’an and not to oppose Qur’an . These are not unfamiliar even to a casual reader of Qur’an . It is unbelievable to think that Prophet Muhammad followed something that contradicts Qur’an .

04- You didn’t cite the full verse . Check the context of the verse :

[059:006] What God has bestowed on His Apostle (and taken away) from them - for this ye made no expedition with either cavalry or camelry: but God gives power to His apostles over any He pleases: and God has power over all things.

[059:007] What God has bestowed on His Apostle (and taken away) from the people of the townships,- belongs to God,- to His Apostle and to kindred and orphans, the needy and the wayfarer; In order that it may not (merely) make a circuit between the wealthy among you. So take what the Apostle assigns to you, and deny yourselves that which he withholds from you. And fear God; for God is strict in Punishment.

Here ‘Whatsoever the Messenger gives you, take it; and whatsoever he forbids you’ is ruling about the distribution of booty of the Jihad and not the rule in general . Still if we take the statement in the way you want to present , the conclusion will be same . Prophet Muhammad gave his Ummah the rues and regulations straightly revealed from the Lord of the universe , e.g., The Qur’an .

Thanks .

Status
Not open for further replies.