Seeking Knowledge...

Yusuf1990

al-Inglezi
As-salaamu'alaikum waRahamatullahi waBarakathu my dear brothers and sisters in Islam.

I am considering going out to seek knowledge and wondered if anyone on here is or has done so - just for advice, recommendations, etc.

May Allah guides us all, ameen.

Wasalaam.

cmelbouzaidi

:salam2: i don't have that personal experience (obviously from my many questions in posts!) but i do like the sound of madinah for you, young brother :) :ma: may ALLAH grant you your dream and may you devote your life to spreading good tidings of Islam. i have always known you are a leader, Subhan'Allah :)

my question is, if one goes to a place like madinah to study Islam, is it any kind of disadvantage not to speak arabic or do they cater to people coming from all over the world who don't speak arabic very well or even at all?

can a brother like young brother yusuf do a course in arabic language and Islamic studies at home first to prepare or is it okay to start the intensive learning in an Islamic university such as madinah? has anyone here studied at one of these Islamic universities?

Jazak Allahu Khair,

:wasalam:

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
:salam2: i don't have that personal experience (obviously from my many questions in posts!) but i do like the sound of madinah for you, young brother :) :ma: may ALLAH grant you your dream and may you devote your life to spreading good tidings of Islam. i have always known you are a leader, Subhan'Allah :)

my question is, if one goes to a place like madinah to study Islam, is it any kind of disadvantage not to speak arabic or do they cater to people coming from all over the world who don't speak arabic very well or even at all?

can a brother like young brother yusuf do a course in arabic language and Islamic studies at home first to prepare or is it okay to start the intensive learning in an Islamic university such as madinah? has anyone here studied at one of these Islamic universities?

Jazak Allahu Khair,

:wasalam:

He has to go through 2 years of arabic studies. They have a school just to cater for non arabic speaking people. Imagine 2 years of learning arabic ...He should be a pro by then....