Seeking refuge with God in the bathroom

pcozzy

:salam2:

not the bathroom, the toilet, or any place that holds urine and human waste.

you ask Allah to protect you from the male and female Jinn, that may cause you harm.

prior to using the toilet, you say in Arabic

Allahuma innee aoothoo bika min al-khubthee wal khabyith.

ps. if you keep your toilet lid closed all the time than you can just say it just before opening the lid.

:wasalam:

Nurain

Salam

"Allahuma innee aoothoo bika min al-khubthee wal khabyith." yes this from pcozzy is right.

And when you leave the bathroom you should say, "Ghufranaka".

Too you have to cover your head and wear slippers in the bathroom, this I heard from some teachers though anyone can come up with a hadith on it.

Sanaa01

Muslima

That's A good question and good answer

What about when you want to make wudu', we should say bismillah (in the name of Allah) prior to making wudu' is it okay to say bismillah in the bathroom and say Ashhado anna la ilaha illa Allah after finising wudu'???
Thank you

Rashadi

Greetings, it can be said before entering the bathroom or the toilet by saying "audho bilahi mina shaytan al rajim" which means I seek refuge with from the condemned shaytan.

Ladybug3478

Hello,

So, it seems that I should also refrain from thinking about God in the bathroom as well...is this right?

Thanks

Ladybug3478

not the bathroom, the toilet, or any place that holds urine and human waste.

you ask Allah to protect you from the male and female Jinn, that may cause you harm.

prior to using the toilet, you say in Arabic

Allahuma innee aoothoo bika min al-khubthee wal khabyith.

ps. if you keep your toilet lid closed all the time than you can just say it just before opening the lid.

Hello Pcozzy,

I don't speak Arabic, so is it okay to attempt the translation even if it may not come out all that well? I don't mind - I just want to make sure I do it right.

Thanks

Rashadi

Hello Pcozzy,

I don't speak Arabic, so is it okay to attempt the translation even if it may not come out all that well? I don't mind - I just want to make sure I do it right.

Thanks

This is a supplication and you can do that in whatever language u speak if you can't speak Arabic.

runayrus

Yearning Slave

A person should say before uncovering himself

“Bismillah, Allahumma inny auzou beka menal khubuthy wal khaba’ith.”

Meaning: "In the name of Allah. O Allah! I seek refuge with you from the male and female devils."

Based on an authentic Hadith reported by Imam At-Tirmithi and Ibn Majah that the Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W.) said: “The partition (cover) between the Jinn and the private parts of human beings whenever anyone enters the bathroom is to say: Bismillah.”

In another Hadith reported by Imam Bukhari and Imam Muslim that the Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W.) used to say when he entered the bathroom “Allahumma inny auzou beka menal khubuthy wal khaba’ith.”

Meaning: “O Allah! I seek refuge with you from the male and female devils.”

A person should say after using the bathroom “Ghufranak.”

Meaning: "O Allah! Bestow your forgiveness upon me."

Based on an authentic Hadith reported by Imam Abu Da’ud, At-Tirmithi and Ibn Majah that the Prophet (S.A.W.), when he came out of the bathroom, used to say “Ghufranak.”

Hope this helps.:wasalam:

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Hello,

In that case, what does Ghufranaka mean?

Thanks

Hi Lady,

In addition to sister runayrus, the reason we say "Ghufranaka" because when in the toilet we can say our zikr or thinking of Allah...so when we come out we say this for forgiveness from Allah for not being able to remember Him while in the toilet.

MashAllah, sister runayrus. Thank you for sharing those hadith.

Abdulhalim

Seeking refuge from God in the bathroom

غفرانك or Ghufraanak means - I ask you (ALLAH) for forgiveness...

بسم الله أللّهمّ إنّي أعوذ بك من الخبث والخبائث
In the name of Allah, O Allah! I take refuge with you from all evil and evil doers...

This is a good Sunnah (Practice).

daywalker

That's A good question and good answer

What about when you want to make wudu', we should say bismillah (in the name of Allah) prior to making wudu' is it okay to say bismillah in the bathroom and say Ashhado anna la ilaha illa Allah after finising wudu'???
Thank you
If a person forgets to read the Du'aa before entering the toilet, then the Du'aa should be read in one's heart, not on the tongue. However, if the toilet and bathroom are combined, then before entering the actual place of toilet, one may read the Du'aa verbally, on condition one is not unclothed. (Fathul Bari vol.1 pg.197; Daarul Qur'aan).

Ladybug3478

Hello,

I have a problem thinking about God while in the bathroom. I try to redirect my thoughts, well, after confirming with you all that it is wrong (yesterday evening)...

well, maybe I just need practice and prayer in order to please God. So, I've taped the message on my bathroom door for now. It actually reminded my husband of learning that in school as a child in Turkey. Not, sure if him or the others in my house are saying it but, everyone has been quite curious. Except my little daughter who wants to know what to say before she goes in the bathroom. :)

Thanks

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Hello,

I have a problem thinking about God while in the bathroom. I try to redirect my thoughts, well, after confirming with you all that it is wrong (yesterday evening)...

well, maybe I just need practice and prayer in order to please God. So, I've taped the message on my bathroom door for now. It actually reminded my husband of learning that in school as a child in Turkey. Not, sure if him or the others in my house are saying it but, everyone has been quite curious. Except my little daughter who wants to know what to say before she goes in the bathroom. :)

Thanks

I'm curious to know you actual religion, if you don't mind.

Prosperous

asthagfirullah
Saying Basmala is not required for Wudhoo' but if you like to say it do so before you enter the bathroom. A Muslim cannot mention the holy name of God in the bathroom.
oh,i thought we cannot mention Allah swt's name in TOILET, BUT NOT BATHROOM...*confused*,well..my bathroom is like this...it is halved left side i goto toilet,and right i can go to my bathing area,so do you mean if i am not going to toilet but when i'm in shower,i cannot mention his holy name??,and when i do wudhoo i can't say bismillah??(cox m already inbathroom),and i can't say alhamdhulillah for giving me water and time to purify my self?,also nudity does not break wudhoo,so if it does not break wudhoo,tht means we are still pure,so can't we zikr him when we are nude,...allah loves pure things because he swt is pure,and i don'y underststand why a pure person cannot say his name....
also when i'm in toilet also somedays I only think about him the exhalted,this is something that comes to our mind,so my question is,can we think and remember him even when we are in TOILET???..

pcozzy

Hello,

Thanks

As far as thinking of or about God, this is normal and ok, the problem is not the thought, it is mentioning Allah's name vocally. You can say to your self without being vocal.

I wouldn't stress myself too much about this. Just try to mention before you go vocally but if you forget and are in the area; you can say it in your self without speaking, such as you do when you say to your heart something.

I am glad you are working on trying to understand this beautiful dean Islam.

Ladybug3478

Hello Hard Rock Moslem,

I don't have what you say a religion at the moment. I do have a spirtuality in which my heart wants to please God.

Here is some history....

*Baptized Catholic at very young age don't remember...maybe 2 yrs old

*From about maybe somewhere around 8,9,10 years old - I attended a baptist church with my grandmother. And, even though I didn't attent church with my mother at this time she would have my brother, myself, and her on our knees every night (for a certain time frame) praying to God the Hail Mary and Our Father

*Grades 3, 7, & 8 - I went to Catholic School

*Around 9th grade - attended Catholic Church with Mother (only lasted maybe a year or so)

* Around 11th- 12th grade - just read bible and prayed without church affiliation

*Next few years after I attended a Catholic Church but, couldn't continue after watching the people do their one hour and be back on the street looking at girls and not being someone who loved God and tried to better themselves. I figured - I wasn't going to be in God's range like this. So, I set out and joined a non-denomiational Christian church. Now, they seemed right, pure, and all that. They were really about purity. But, at a closer look it was fake. Because on our way to someone's house for a lesson, someone would say "Act happy" or once someone blew up with anger in a laundry mat and became nervous when she saw me. After she realized I was already baptized into her church, it was no longer a need to put up the front(so to say). It wasn't right. Family friend was Jehovah witness, they came around to give me lessons. The last church was a kind of pentecostal that didn't last long as it seemed the preacher didn't even want to be there. As he said once "you think I chose this".

I know I have to look at the religion and not the people so, I try my best not to judge a religion by the deeds of a few . And, besides we all mess up at some time. I'm saying this because, I guess I'm trying to defend my so called judgement of the above churches. HE he he.

Let me know if I answered your question or if I went way off course.

Regards