Seeking your wisdom and help

najbc

:salam2:

I was browsing around the internet trying to find a good website or place to read more about Islam other than the Quran however, I couldn’t find anything. I read the Quran and i don’t understanding the mean even I thought I read the English translation it does not feel same, therefore i feel like I am half Muslim. So, I was wondering if you all my dear brothers and sisters have any suggestions as how I can increase my knowledge of Islam. I work and go to school, it is literally 24/7 cycle (I know it is a lame excuse) , I do not really have a time to go to the mosque. I personally do not like the mosque near my house for my many reasons. I would appreciate any advice, books or websites you can suggestion. Also, where do you think I should start. Thanks!

:wasalam:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

You ask such an important question.

I finally hit the jackpot. I struck gold. My Quran teacher, not only is teaching me Quran but she is a native Arabic speaker. Just to hear her recite the sura's increases my need to strive. As we discuss each letter and accent mark of an ayat my humility increases.

So, I believe sister you need to seek a sister with knowledge who can teach you the pitch, the nasal intonation, tone, dynamics, the tempo of reciting each word. Make dua and beseech Allah subhana wa taala to grant your need to Seek His Knowledge and please Him.

najbc

:salam2:
You are right Aapa, but the thing is i don’t really know any sister who is available and willing to help me out. I recently registered with learnquaran web, the teacher is a female and I am meeting her on weekend, however the session is only 30 minutes and I feel like that is not enough. I pray to allah I find a good teacher to help me insh'allah