Serious Question

Julie1134

As'salamu alaikum,
I am a Muslim convert married to a non-Muslim. I have 2 children and am pregnant with the 3rd. My husband will not convert. My question is if I want to marry a Muslim man and I am pregnant do I have to wait until the baby is born? Are previous children something a Muslim man would have a hard time accepting? My children will live with me. Thanks

:tti_sister:

ShyHijabi

Salaam,

The shariah states that a woman must wait 3 months after the birth of her child in order to remarry. This is known as her iddah. As far as a Muslim man welcoming a female who is divorced and already a mother, that depends on the man.

Sad to say that my experience has shown that it can be very difficult when one is divorced and had children to find a willing mate. (I do not have children but there are some Muslimahs here in your situation) It's the exact opposite of what Islam teaches but too many Muslim men are caught up in the dunya instead of wanting to find a pious wife.

I will make dua that Allah swt will make your path easier and insh'Allah make your husband see the straight path. :tti_sister:

Wasalaam

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o aliakum sis

its revert like you that deserve the biggest appllause for going thru hardship for your deen
May ALlah (swt) bless u and ur kids with the highest place in jannah - ameen

i really dont know the proper answer i searched but cudn't find to help you out, But i really wish the best for you sister,
May every step you take be guided by Allah (swt) - ameen

ur brother in islam
Shaheer

ummyasiin

Striving for Janatul firdous
As Salaamu Alaikii, first Alhamdulilah for reverting, and staying evenin though you husband will not,...atleast you do know that your marriage is NOT valid in the eyes of Allah swt, only in the state you are married under... As for you children, speaking from experience, children are blessings for step fathers in Islam so absolutly there are no worries. however in muslim countries sum may prefer a virgin, I live in the US soooo. enough said. as for your pregnant one naam, soon as you drop your load you can marry, but not while your prego. If I can find the lecture that speaks of the blessings in step children I will post the link to it inshallah another bro or sis may be faster than I... hope this clear your concern. salaams.

Julie1134

Brothers and sisters thank you all very much. I have an appointment soon so I will be back later Insh'Allah. As'salamu alaikum

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
:salam2:
Sister you are one of those people who will be at a much higher place in Jannah. InshaAllah.

As far as your question is concerned, as other sisters have said your iddah ends as soon as your pregnancy ends. So you can then marry right after that.

Now about how the man (new husband) will react to your kids? It all depends on that man. If he is a righteous man then he will feel that it is an honor to take care of you and all your kids. I will pray for you that either your husband revets to Islam or Allah provide you a wonderful man who is pious and worthy of marrying a lady like you. Ameen.
:wasalam:

hassana elkoussi

As'salamu alaikum,
I am a Muslim convert married to a non-Muslim. I have 2 children and am pregnant with the 3rd. My husband will not convert. My question is if I want to marry a Muslim man and I am pregnant do I have to wait until the baby is born? Are previous children something a Muslim man would have a hard time accepting? My children will live with me. Thanks

:tti_sister:

Salam alaikum sister Julie,

I can see that you've been told that your iddah ends when your baby is born inshaAllah. However, I'd like to draw your attention to a very critical point; namely, that whether or not you get married you have to get separated immediately from your "husband", coz your marriage has become invalidated since the day you converted to Islam. This is mentioned in Surah " Al Momtahanah", ayah 10, if you wish to refer to it. Accordingly, you're not supposed to be having any kind of relationship WHATSOEVER, as this would be totally haram. I know this is an extremely hard situation, so I pray Allah would grant you a pious husband who'd be understanding enough and who'd take good care of you and your kids inshAllah. Take care, sis.

Salam:SMILY259:

muslim10012

Salam alaikum sister Julie,

I can see that you've been told that your iddah ends when your baby is born inshaAllah. However, I'd like to draw your attention to a very critical point; namely, that whether or not you get married you have to get separated immediately from your "husband", coz your marriage has become invalidated since the day you converted to Islam. This is mentioned in Surah " Al Momtahanah", ayah 10, if you wish to refer to it. Accordingly, you're not supposed to be having any kind of relationship WHATSOEVER, as this would be totally haram. I know this is an extremely hard situation, so I pray Allah would grant you a pious husband who'd be understanding enough and who'd take good care of you and your kids inshAllah. Take care, sis.

Salam:SMILY259:

+1

true , I agree

salamoualikom julie , it's hard to do but not impossible so try to get divorced first , cause as our brother/sister hassana elkoussi said it's haram to be with him anymore

good luck