Shaytan and Jinn during Ramadan?

haji786

Asalam-alaykum,

Good dreams are from Allah and bad dreams from shaytan/jinn. During Ramadan shaytan and jinns are locked in jahunum, so if i get a nightmare/bad dream during Ramadan what is the reasoning behind it?

Also, if during Ramadan I get bad thoughts during the day or salah, then what is the reason to it, if shaytan and the jinns are locked away?

Could someone please clarify this for me as I am a little confused!

JazakAllah khair!

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:

i heard some scholars say tht only the leaders of shaitaan are chained.

also there is one shaitan with all of us, he is with us even in ramadan.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
they are chained during the day,but they get free in the night,when fast is broken.those who're more receptive to them,they feel anger,panic,malice,because of them and in the drems they can move freely until the Fajr.

AdamMuslim

Assalamou Alikom Warahmatou Allah,

I think there is a little misunderstanding here!
Al-shaytan is not solely responsible of our bad deeds ! In fact he is blamed
only for a minor part! Indeed, in the Qur'an we can read that the shaitan whispers are weak:
" Those who believe fight in the way of Allah, and those who disbelieve fight in the way of the Shaitan. Fight therefore against the friends of the Shaitan; surely the strategy of the Shaitan is WEAK." (Al-nissa, 76-77)

Our minds (Al-naafs) are our real enemy, and not Al-shaytan, since they whisper to us to do bad deeds more frequently and more consistently! In addition, when Ibliss disobeyed Allah he was mislead only by his own mind and soul since there were no other shaytan before him!

Al-Qur'an explained this very well:

"And certainly We created man, and We know what his MIND suggests to him, and We are nearer to him than his life-vein.". (Qaf. 196-17).

"And as for him who fears to stand in the presence of his Lord and forbids the SOUL from low desires". (Al-naziaat, 40-41)

" And I do not declare myself free, most surely (man's) SELF is wont to command (him to do) evil, except such as my Lord has had mercy on, surely my Lord is Forgiving, Merciful. " (Yusuuf, 53-54)

"And the SOUL and Him Who made it perfect, then He inspired IT to understand what is right and WRONG for it; " (Al-Shams, 8-9)

Hence, there is no contradiction here since even if all shayateen disappear tomorrow people would continue to do bad deeds!

And Allah knows best,

Wassalam

a_stranger

:salam2:

I agree : (Al-naafs) are our real enemy , the shaytan can only whisper and evil come when we respond to his bad whispers, if we train our selves to ignor those whispers and obey Allah sobhanahu wa taala then we will be on the safe side. Our own naafs are not chained in Ramadan if we don`t purify them we will not win.

haji786

JazakAllah khair for the feedback. I understand now what I was previously a little confused about Allhumdulillah!

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Assalamou Alikom Warahmatou Allah,

I think there is a little misunderstanding here!
Al-shaytan is not solely responsible of our bad deeds ! In fact he is blamed
only for a minor part! Indeed, in the Qur'an we can read that the shaitan whispers are weak:
" Those who believe fight in the way of Allah, and those who disbelieve fight in the way of the Shaitan. Fight therefore against the friends of the Shaitan; surely the strategy of the Shaitan is WEAK." (Al-nissa, 76-77)

Our minds (Al-naafs) are our real enemy, and not Al-shaytan, since they whisper to us to do bad deeds more frequently and more consistently! In addition, when Ibliss disobeyed Allah he was mislead only by his own mind and soul since there were no other shaytan before him!

Al-Qur'an explained this very well:

"And certainly We created man, and We know what his MIND suggests to him, and We are nearer to him than his life-vein.". (Qaf. 196-17).

"And as for him who fears to stand in the presence of his Lord and forbids the SOUL from low desires". (Al-naziaat, 40-41)

" And I do not declare myself free, most surely (man's) SELF is wont to command (him to do) evil, except such as my Lord has had mercy on, surely my Lord is Forgiving, Merciful. " (Yusuuf, 53-54)

"And the SOUL and Him Who made it perfect, then He inspired IT to understand what is right and WRONG for it; " (Al-Shams, 8-9)

Hence, there is no contradiction here since even if all shayateen disappear tomorrow people would continue to do bad deeds!

And Allah knows best,

Wassalam

:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu....

Jazakallah khairan for the post,explains it:)

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
@Ahmed Indian.Yes you can have the proof.but maybe you'll be surprised and think I'm mad:astag:
it happens a moment before I start to sleep and I fall in deep sleeping.to ease you what I mean,when I wait to fall asleep, my mind creates a sort of screensaver showing me many times a desert road that breaks into the water,then I generally start dreaming.but sometimes my consciousness stands between my realty and jinn reality,so that I'm not sleeping but I'm also not awake.I feel their voices,their steps,sometimes it's like their whisper is touching me.many youngsters make use of drogues to alterate their reality and see what I see,but many of them get scared and become crazy:wasalam:

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
@Ahmed Indian.Yes you can have the proof.but maybe you'll be surprised and think I'm mad:astag:
it happens a moment before I start to sleep and I fall in deep sleeping.to ease you what I mean,when I wait to fall asleep, my mind creates a sort of screensaver showing me many times a desert road that breaks into the water,then I generally start dreaming.but sometimes my consciousness stands between my realty and jinn reality,so that I'm not sleeping but I'm also not awake.I feel their voices,their steps,sometimes it's like their whisper is touching me.many youngsters make use of drogues to alterate their reality and see what I see,but many of them get scared and become crazy:wasalam:

:salam2:,

pls dont get me wrong. actually i was asking for proofs in Quran and sunnah.

abt wht you said, you cant be sure tht they are jinns bcoz it could be your mental state too as u said that you are half-asleep....

Abu Talib

Feeling low
:wasalam:

i heard some scholars say tht only the leaders of shaitaan are chained.

also there is one shaitan with all of us, he is with us even in ramadan.

Yes your right akhi this what exactly has been mentioned on Islamqa also only the leaders of Shaytan are chained and the resident Shaytan (Khanzab) is always with us.