neena

salaam,

i got a little problem which is going difficult to me to
choose the path
i'm a sunni girl, i need information about shia sunni marriege

:tti_sister:

American Muslim

Just Another Slave
sister, I can't offer you anything really of substance on this one. I will say that I know some shia'a , and they seem to be good Muslims. However, I can say that alot of them have some strange beliefs. The mahdi hidden in a well (or is it a cave) , the twelve imams yahdee, yahdee, yahdee.
My sheikh has advised me to avoid shia'a writings. He says that they are like a poison to the soul.
Any shia'a out there, please don't get upset here. I am not questioning your beliefs.
I wouldn't marry a shia'a woman.

Noor to shine

:salam2: sister :
I think it is not Ok for a sunni girl to marry from shia sect since they have different creed, .....I think they have many wrong practices which is invented by men and oppose the Sunna of the prophet :saw2:

For example they don`t pray five times as the prophet :saw2: taught.
They have certain beliefs in Ali radia Allah anhau which oppose the Truth.
They have many many bidaas (invention in islam).
They oppose the Sunna of the prophet :saw2: as much as they can.

neena

sister, I can't offer you anything really of substance on this one. I will say that I know some shia'a , and they seem to be good Muslims. However, I can say that alot of them have some strange beliefs. The mahdi hidden in a well (or is it a cave) , the twelve imams yahdee, yahdee, yahdee.
My sheikh has advised me to avoid shia'a writings. He says that they are like a poison to the soul.
Any shia'a out there, please don't get upset here. I am not questioning your beliefs.
I wouldn't marry a shia'a woman.
hy i wana marry must they r syed and educated family plz tel me abt anything tat quran says al muslims r equal tan wy tis

samiha

---------
Staff member
:salam2:

Firstly I am not one to answer this question as a Scholar, but merely do so as a fellow Muslim. Shia's are wrong in their beliefs, why would you want to marry them? When you are a Muslim, you must understand Tawheed, Aqeedah but along with that also learn about the Seerah and the Lives of the Companions. Islam is all encompassing, once you realize this you must acknowledge that all misguidances must be done away with. We want Paradise, but to get it isn't going to be easy. Here in our times many incorrect sects have risen even though there is only one correct way, which is upon the Quran and Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad :saw:. Loving Allah and His Messenger :saw: is part of our faith and when you love him, you love his Companions and you would abhor to be among those and with those who slander their name.

Allah (subhaanahu wa ta`aalaa) said:

Say: "Obey Allah and obey the Messenger, but if you turn away, he :)saw:) is only responsible for the duty placed on him (i.e. to convey Allah's Message) and you for that placed on you. If you obey him, you shall be on the right guidance. The Messenger's duty is only to convey (the message) in a clear way (i.e. to preach in a plain way)." (24:54)

"Those who follow the apostle, the unlettered Prophet, whom they find mentioned in their own (scriptures),- in the law and the Gospel;- for he commands them what is just and forbids them what is evil; he allows them as lawful what is good (and pure) and prohibits them from what is bad (and impure); He releases them from their heavy burdens and from the yokes that are upon them. So it is those who believe in him, honour him, help him, and follow the light which is sent down with him,- it is they who will prosper." [Qur’aan 7:157]

"...And whatsoever the Messenger (Muhammad (sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam)) gives you, take it, and whatsoever he forbids you, abstain (from it) , and fear Allah. Verily, Allah is severe in punishment." [Qur’aan 59:7]

Allah has made the obedience of Rasoolullaah (saws) together with the obedience to Him:

"And obey Allah and the Messenger, that ye may obtain mercy." [Qur’aan 3:132]

May Allah Guide the Shias. However, we cannot accept their misguidance and we have a duty to explain to them the wrongness of thier beliefs, and help warn them of the dangers of such beliefs.

The Companions are praised in many Qur'anic verses:
"You are the best of peoples ever raised for mankind, you enjoin good and forbid evil, and you believe in Allah." [3:110] "

And the first to embrace Islam of the Muhajiroon (the Emigrants from Makkah) and the Ansar (the citizens of Al-Madeenah who helped the Muhajiroon) and also those who followed them exactly (in Faith). Allah is well-pleased with them as they are well pleased with Him. He has prepared for them Gardens under which rivers flow, to dwell therein forever. That is the supreme success." [9:100]

"Indeed, Allah was pleased with the believers when they gave their pledge to you (O Muhammad) under the tree. He knew what was in their hearts and He sent down calmness and tranquility upon them..." [48:18]

The best of the Ummah, after the Prophet (s.a.w.) were Abu Bakr, then 'Umar, then 'Uthman, then 'Ali.

(I had to put this... )

As far as the Caliphate is concerned, Ibn Taymeeyah has said that anyone who "objects against anyone of these regarding this order of caliphate, he will be regarded more misguided than the domestic donkey." :D

The Messenger of Allaah said: "I counsel you to have Taqwaa of Allaah and to hear and obey, even if an Abyssinian slave were to command you. For, verily, whoever amongst you lives (to grown old), he will see many differences. So stick to my Sunnah and the Sunnah of the rightly guided khaleefahs. Cling tightly onto it and hold onto it with your molar teeth. And beware of newly invented matters. For, indeed, every newly invented matter is an innovation, and every innovation is a thing that leads astray, and everything that leads astray is in the Hellfire." An authentic hadeeth reported by Abu Dawood and others.

As for Shia’s and Sunni’s… this question and answer has been placed many times on this website, I refer you to them.

Sunnis and Shi'ites

Sunni vs Shia

To Read about Shiites

Be sure to also check out:

Following the right way

Wassalam.

American Muslim

Just Another Slave
wow, I was just gathering quotes of Qu'aran and ahadeeth for this one when I read Samiah's reply. I couldn't say it any better. I am not a scholar. However, once again, I wouldn't marry a shia'a. Educated or not, some chances I am just not willing to take.
Ok , your new husband agrees that he will not interfere with you "sunni belief system" . What of your children? They would most likely be raised in these bad beliefs and bidaa's . Why would you condemn them?

neena

:salam2: sister :
I think it is not Ok for a sunni girl to marry from shia sect since they have different creed, .....I think they have many wrong practices which is invented by men and oppose the Sunna of the prophet :saw2:

For example they don`t pray five times as the prophet :saw2: taught.
They have certain beliefs in Ali radia Allah anhau which oppose the Truth.
They have many many bidaas (invention in islam).
They oppose the Sunna of the prophet :saw2: as much as they can.
do u have any information about shais
r tey fair with sunnis

:salam2: I know a sunni girl who married a shia boy. The parents of the boy used to abuse Ayesha RA and all the Sahabis. There son is Shia now and she could not do anything about it.

neena

wow, I was just gathering quotes of Qu'aran and ahadeeth for this one when I read Samiah's reply. I couldn't say it any better. I am not a scholar. However, once again, I wouldn't marry a shia'a. Educated or not, some chances I am just not willing to take.
Ok , your new husband agrees that he will not interfere with you "sunni belief system" . What of your children? They would most likely be raised in these bad beliefs and bidaa's . Why would you condemn them?
he dint beleive on that shia sunni differenc
then what?

neena

:salam2:

Firstly I am not one to answer this question as a Scholar, but merely do so as a fellow Muslim. Shia's are wrong in their beliefs, why would you want to marry them? When you are a Muslim, you must understand Tawheed, Aqeedah but along with that also learn about the Seerah and the Lives of the Companions. Islam is all encompassing, once you realize this you must acknowledge that all misguidances must be done away with. We want Paradise, but to get it isn't going to be easy. Here in our times many incorrect sects have risen even though there is only one correct way, which is upon the Quran and Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad :saw:. Loving Allah and His Messenger :saw: is part of our faith and when you love him, you love his Companions and you would abhor to be among those and with those who slander their name.

Allah (subhaanahu wa ta`aalaa) said:

Say: "Obey Allah and obey the Messenger, but if you turn away, he :)saw:) is only responsible for the duty placed on him (i.e. to convey Allah's Message) and you for that placed on you. If you obey him, you shall be on the right guidance. The Messenger's duty is only to convey (the message) in a clear way (i.e. to preach in a plain way)." (24:54)

"Those who follow the apostle, the unlettered Prophet, whom they find mentioned in their own (scriptures),- in the law and the Gospel;- for he commands them what is just and forbids them what is evil; he allows them as lawful what is good (and pure) and prohibits them from what is bad (and impure); He releases them from their heavy burdens and from the yokes that are upon them. So it is those who believe in him, honour him, help him, and follow the light which is sent down with him,- it is they who will prosper." [Qur’aan 7:157]

"...And whatsoever the Messenger (Muhammad (sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam)) gives you, take it, and whatsoever he forbids you, abstain (from it) , and fear Allah. Verily, Allah is severe in punishment." [Qur’aan 59:7]

Allah has made the obedience of Rasoolullaah (saws) together with the obedience to Him:

"And obey Allah and the Messenger, that ye may obtain mercy." [Qur’aan 3:132]

May Allah Guide the Shias. However, we cannot accept their misguidance and we have a duty to explain to them the wrongness of thier beliefs, and help warn them of the dangers of such beliefs.

The Companions are praised in many Qur'anic verses:
"You are the best of peoples ever raised for mankind, you enjoin good and forbid evil, and you believe in Allah." [3:110] "

And the first to embrace Islam of the Muhajiroon (the Emigrants from Makkah) and the Ansar (the citizens of Al-Madeenah who helped the Muhajiroon) and also those who followed them exactly (in Faith). Allah is well-pleased with them as they are well pleased with Him. He has prepared for them Gardens under which rivers flow, to dwell therein forever. That is the supreme success." [9:100]

"Indeed, Allah was pleased with the believers when they gave their pledge to you (O Muhammad) under the tree. He knew what was in their hearts and He sent down calmness and tranquility upon them..." [48:18]

The best of the Ummah, after the Prophet (s.a.w.) were Abu Bakr, then 'Umar, then 'Uthman, then 'Ali.

(I had to put this... )

As far as the Caliphate is concerned, Ibn Taymeeyah has said that anyone who "objects against anyone of these regarding this order of caliphate, he will be regarded more misguided than the domestic donkey." :D

The Messenger of Allaah said: "I counsel you to have Taqwaa of Allaah and to hear and obey, even if an Abyssinian slave were to command you. For, verily, whoever amongst you lives (to grown old), he will see many differences. So stick to my Sunnah and the Sunnah of the rightly guided khaleefahs. Cling tightly onto it and hold onto it with your molar teeth. And beware of newly invented matters. For, indeed, every newly invented matter is an innovation, and every innovation is a thing that leads astray, and everything that leads astray is in the Hellfire." An authentic hadeeth reported by Abu Dawood and others.

As for Shia’s and Sunni’s… this question and answer has been placed many times on this website, I refer you to them.

Sunnis and Shi'ites

Sunni vs Shia

To Read about Shiites

Be sure to also check out:

Following the right way

Wassalam.
he respect the companions of Prophet{SAW} ND DINT DO WHTEVER U SAID
THEN WHT TO DO

American Muslim

Just Another Slave
Let me ask you a question or two sister. What do your parents think about this match? Or, if your parents are not involved, are you using a respected third party to arrange all this? What do they think about it?

Noor to shine

:salam2: sister:

I know about some sunni girls who married to men from the shia and the opposit but to be honest all those people didn`t care much about Islam . some of those marriges failed and some continued....... To be fair some shia are not very bad and don`t agree with all that their scholars teache ......but still they are ignorant in Islam .....how can we learn islam if we reject most of the sahaba and the correct hadiths that teaches and explain the practices of the prophet :saw2:

American Muslim

Just Another Slave
Oh, and there are differences. Does he attend a shia'a mosque? Is anyone in his family religous? There will be issues with this.

Praise2Allah

Sister neen shia have a thing called TUQYA which means to lie and that its ok. Hes probably doing that with u too. Shias consider anyone who doesnt believe that Ali rady Allahu Anho was rasool Allahs successor to be KAFIR. So according to shia scholars u are kafir regardless of what he says. Plz beware of shia they are very dangerous. My advice is to leave him and insha Allah, Allah will give u a better guy. Even if Allah doesnt, u will get ur reward for it because u left him for Allah. Shias claim that aisha rady Allaho anha commited adultry and betrayed the prophet!! What will u tell rasool Allah on the day of judgment if u married a guy who believes his wife commited adultry?!

Praise2Allah

heres my utube profile and watch all the videos which have 2 do with shia, most are a debate between sunna and shia
**** link removed (no shia or suni debate video)****

plus,most shias dont know that sunnis believe that Hassan and Hussein were unrightfully killed and that Yazi was wrong. They also dont know that we ove ahlul bait too.

Globalpeace

Banned
Quirks!

Asslamo Allaikum Sisters,

The differences between the Shia/Sunni and the Aqeedah of Ahlus-Sunnah has been clearly highlighted Masha’Allah; however I would like to point out some quirks of the Shias and would like to initially post 3 questions for the Shias to answers:

1) What is “Baitul-Afaaf” near Tehran Airport and what goes on there?

2) Please describe the washing and shrouding rituals when a shia passes away according to Authentic Shia sources of Hadeeth?

3) Please describe the rituals of the wedding night for a newly married couple?

Sisters would be most interested to know about 1 & 3. Hint! Afeefa in Arabic means a Chaste Woman and Afaaf is the Plural in Persian.

Both Brothers/Sisters would be most interested to know about 2; as a matter of fact I encourage all to go see it for yourself anywhere in the world and most certainly compare it to the Sunnah!

As previously stated I would like for a shia to answer the queries as I don’t want to appear biased; however if the Admins permit me to cross the limits of censor I can always describe all 3 in graphic details (Insha’Allah)…I categorically know about 1 & 2 but NOT 3 (obviously) & (it may or may not be true so confirmation would be nice) and according to my information (Nov 2006) 1 is still in operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.