Shocked. What is this Shaykh saying?

Discussion in 'TurnToIslam Lounge !' started by Tabassum07, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Tabassum07

Tabassum07 Smile for Allah

Ratings Received:
    +436 / 5
    :salam2:

http://www.assimalhakeem.net/node/4451

I am shocked. On this Question and Answer, the shaykh says its permissable to drink something even if it has alcohol in it, just keeping in mind that it wouldn't intoxicate.

This was the original question:

Edit: Okay, I really don't know what to make of all this. I started reading further QAs and the shaykh says to a person that its all right to take vitaman supplements even after knowing it contains pork gelatin. The shaykh didn't even ask them to look for alternatives.

I'm scared to ask, but.... Can this person be trusted??
  2. az101

az101 http://www.miraathpublications.net/

Home page:
    Ratings Received:
    +4 / 0
    be careful who you take your deen from.

This man in not reliable to take knowledge from
  3. Hajjerr
    Spaced

Hajjerr He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram

Doing my best.
    Ratings Received:
    +264 / 3
    Salam aleikum

Something similar i read here: http://shahrzaad.wordpress.com/2008/04/14/debates-on-alcohol-fatwa/ and is another sheik. I belive these sheiks are connecting the well known hadith with the final product that we drink or eat, not with its ingredients. If we follow their logic, we all need much chemistry knowledge, yet the hadith makes it all simple and clear, alhamdullilah. Jabir narrated that the Messenger of Allah said; "Whatever intoxicates in a greater quantity is also unlawful in its smaller quantity." (Tirmidhi, Abu Dawood and Ibn Majah)
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Idris16

Idris16 Junior Member

Ratings Received:
    +21 / 0
    This is FIQH, I've seen similar answers but from my knowledge it was questions about food and medicine mixed with alcohol. An example of a fatwa is this one:

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/40530/alcohol
  5. user expired!

user expired! Junior Member

full time Muslim
    Ratings Received:
    +13 / 0
    Assalamualaykum wa rahmatullah,

Assalamualaykum wa rahmatullah,

Firstly Shaykh Assim is a well known Shyakh and well respected by many around the world.

*****This is not a Fatwa *******
    Secondly his fatwa is not strange at all, alcohol which intoxicates is haram, drinking 1 tea spoon of barcardi will intoxicate it is 4% alcohol. The question is that are all alcohols intoxicant?, the answer is no, please read the fatwas above.
    Natural fruit juices contain natural alcohol, around 0.01% non-intoxicating alcohol due to bacteria fermenting. Obviously these are not harram.

Now the issue of gelatin has a difference of Opinion, although I stay away from it i know of a few scholars who do not hold the view of gelatin being harram even pork derived gelatin.

Thirdly az101 i think you need to watch this fully-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnRucbuphe0&feature=player_embedded#!
  6. strive-may-i

strive-may-i Junior Member

not a scholar
    Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0
    Walaikum Ssalaam Warahmathullaahi wabarakaatuh,

Jurispendence (Fiqh) and Technicality.

Was that the exact question? If the question was rephrased and asked keeping in focus the intention and consequence of the ruling, I think the reply would change. 'Whats the upper limit' would be the next question? What conclusions we cant derive from this reply is not clear to us (who lack or lag in jurispendence).

The stuff is sold as Alcoholic drink, they reduced the percentage compared to beer. [Beer has supposedly around 6-12%]. How do we arrive at this limit is also another question. So, if two people drink this stuff, one feels intoxicated while the other does not, what should we do, sell it in small non intoxicating quantities, See the technicality?

Sister Hajjer has put it correctly, The answer is in 'Whatever Intoxicates in large quantities , in unlawful in smaller quantities.'
  7. MOSABJA

MOSABJA Junior Member

Business
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0
    Jazakallah khairn for the advice..But some people with very narrow mindset dont really understand .
  8. BrotherInIslam7

BrotherInIslam7 La Illaha Illa Allah Staff Member

University - Graduate student
    Ratings Received:
    +7 / 0
    Salaamalaykum waa rahmatullah

I found something related to gelatine and alcohol in extracts from Ask Huda.

[video=youtube;Y4EBXR8mzy4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4EBXR8mzy4[/video]
  9. Tabassum07

Tabassum07 Smile for Allah

Ratings Received:
    +436 / 5
    :salam2:

MashaAllah, Shaykh Salah is one of my favourites - he always talks sense. And he very clearly explains how alcohol in medicines is to be taken only out of necessity, when there isn't an alternative - so what of some shaykhs who are saying that its okay to drink bacardi or whatever those things are. SubhanAllah!

JazakAllahu Khayr, akhi. Good to see you back on the forums.
  10. Abu-Talha

Abu-Talha Brother in Deen

Home page:
    Ratings Received:
    +8 / 0
    shame on you

the one who is not reliable is layman like you
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Abu-Talha

Abu-Talha Brother in Deen

Home page:
    Ratings Received:
    +8 / 0
    may Allah reward you with good sister for your interest to know the issue

there are big scholars that said this too, like the post above, with shaykh uthaymin

this thing to understand is like this, if something has alcohol in it and you consume any amount of that thing and person dosnt get drunk at all, it dosnt have not a litle effect on him, then scholars said its not haram, the hadith about " its forbiden in small " about alcohol, it means if that small is consumed and has effect, not the amount wich you consume without limit amount and dosnt have effect at all

i am not profesional in the field of scient about fruits, but as far i know there are some fruits and vegetable that contain small amount of alcohol in it, but we can eat that fruit with no limit amount and we dont get drunk not even litle and dosnt have no bad effect from that

but if you have other fatwa from scholar that says beter to avoid, then you are free to avoid that, this is the ijdihad of some scholars about the issue wich is mention