Signs of a Sound Heart

Shahzad

There are five things that constitute a sound heart (Qalb Saleem):

1. الذي ينفق ماله في سبيل الله
"A person is able to spend his wealth in the path of Allah (SWT)." i.e. having a giving nature

2. الذي يرشد اهله الي الحق
"A person is able to guide and instruct their family towards that which is the reality/the truth."
What is 'truth'? امر بالمعروف و نهي عن المنكر "To promote virtue and prohibit vice."

3. الذي يكون قلبه خاليا عن غلبة الشهوات
"A person, his heart be in such a state that it is free from his carnal and base desires dominating his life." i.e. Being the slave/servant of Allah, not a slave/servant of the nafs.

4. الذي يكون قلبه خاليا عن العقائد الباطلة
"A person, his heart if free from corrupted, distorted beliefs."

5. الذي يكون قلبه خاليا عما سواك تبارك و تعالي
"A person, his heart is free from everything else other than Allah (SWT)."

Initial steps to take to attain a pure heart:
To make Taubah (repentance). There are three general requirements when repenting:

1. To remove yourself from the sin that you are doing.
2. Feel regret – Nadamat
3. To make a resolution to never return to that sin.
4. If you have wronged another human then there is a fourth condition which is to clear things up
with that person and ask for forgiveness.

Symptoms of a sick heart:

- Making false gods
- Love of wealth - حب المال
- Love for fame - حب الجاه
- Love of fulfilling lustful desires – حب الباه
- False love for things

A few things to do in order to abstain from sin:

1. To be in the company of the Ahlullah.
2. Constantly remember Allah (SWT).
3. To be in public the same way you are in private.
4. To recite the Qur'an.

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
Assalamualaikum

:bismillah1:

Wow, Brother Shahzad what beautiful guidance. May Allah reward you for your efforts, Aameen.

As for Qalb e Saleem, May Allah (SWT) make every muslim attain that stage where they control their nafs and worldly desires. I wish that all of us, at the time when we intend to sin, tell ourselves that Allah (SWT), the Almighty Lord of the heavens and the earth is observing our every action, and then draw back our hands from sin. May Allah (SWT) make us reach the stage where we constantly utter Shikr, to praise and remember Him. This way we control our nafs and not vice versa.

May Allah (SWT) guide us onto the Straight Path. May He guide the misguided and bring closer to Himself the guided. May He make easy for us the questioning in the grave and save us from the fire of hell.

Aameen.

Once again Brother Shahzad, May Allah (SWT) reward you. Aameen.

Assalamualaikum

*Sana*

.~.Slave of Allah.~.
Assalamualaikum,

MashaAllah Brother! What a beautiful and unique post.

So much is said in such little words.

I hope no body takes me wrong but, in the contemporary society Muslims are only by name, not by heart. Astaghfirullah, again don't take me wrong any of you or don't at all take it personally but Muslims nowadays are one thing to the world and to people and another face in private among themselves or among the like of them should I say.

Most of us claim that we are over powered by 'depression', 'bipolar depression', 'psychological disorders', 'stress', and so on and so forth. Giving our conditions all these different 'clinical' names and making naive diagnoses ourselves or by doctors who are only humans just like ourselves. Less do we realise that our strange and wierd 'conditions' or feelings that we are experiencing are solely because of the sickness in our hearts and we have not yet attained the state of Qalbe Saleem.

Like Mesbah01 said:

May Allah (SWT) guide us onto the Straight Path. May He guide the misguided and bring closer to Himself the guided. May He make easy for us the questioning in the grave and save us from the fire of hell.

AAMEEN!!!

Wasalaam :)

Asiya-sparkles

Asalamu alaikom wa Rahcman t'ullah wa burrahktoh

Its already been said...so much conveyed with so few words! Ma'shAllah!!!

Jazak alak ghairun

um_mustafa

sister in Islam
[[/I][/I]

Mashallah Sis Sana so true are your words, if we all read and contemplate on Quran and the guidance our religion has given us we shouldn't need these doctors for depression etc, as we have Allah Talaa'.

Subanahallah, my husband told me a story about a Br, from a Gulf satae who went to his Amecian doctor for depression and the doctor was so surprised to see him, the doctor then went to his cupboard and brought out a copy of the Quran and asked the Br. why he needs to come to him to be treated when he has such a cure as The Holy Quran, subhanallah and this doctor wasn't even a muslim.

BArallahufik Br Shahzad for the post very good , mashallah

w/salam

Zainudin Jaffar

Strive to be Mukmin
:salam2:

This is a wonderful post.

Short, concise and beautiful.

More of this kind of nasihah will be great!!!!!!!!!

P/S somewhat similar to few ayats at the beginning of surah Mukminin.

Shahzad

u ppl can read more at http://annoor.wordpress.com/

This blog represents the teachings of one of the gr8 saints of the time, Hazrat Hakim Mohammad Akhtar (DB).

His followers are present all over the world. He is amond the spiritual descendants of Hazrat Thanvi (RHA), who was from Darululoom DeoBand

He totally focuses on how one can avoid sins in such a sinfull time. And when one refrain from sins, he/she automatically gains love of ALLAH.

And i dont expect my this post to be moderated.