Sneezing during Salah

Hilal Said

:salam2:

I Recived it by email

Saying "Alhamdu lillah" if a Person Sneezes during Salah?

Fatwa no. 16903 Q:

If a person sneezes while offering salah (Prayer), should they say "Alhamdu lillah [All praise is due to Allah]"? Also, if a person yawns while offering Salah, do they have to say Isti`adhah (saying: "A`udhu-Billahi mina Al-Shaytan -ir-Rajim [I seek refuge with Allah from the accursed Satan]")?

A: If a person offering Salah sneezes, they should say, "Alhamdu lillah" in a low voice; because there are authentically reported Hadith from the Prophet (peace be upon him) that indicate the permissibility of saying so. As for Isti`adhah after yawning, there is no origin for it in the Shari`ah (Islamic law). However, the person who yawns should hold themselves from yawning as much as they can, but there is no problem if they say Isti`adhah while yawning in or outside Salah.

Source : alifta.com - Permanent Committee Fatwas

Browse by volume number > Group two > Volume 5: Fiqh – Salah 1 > Du`a'-ul-Istiftah, Isti`adhah, and Basmalah > Should a person say "Alhamdu lillah" if they sneeze during Salah?

MahyarEL-Prince

Studying Islam...
walahi I was thinking of making a thread about this issue and seeing whats the deal with it.
I really needed to know this.. SO from now on i'll say alhamdulillah in a low voice.

hmmmmmmmmmm
lol
barkalallah feek