so if I say....abt a good da'ee!!

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2:wa rahmaullahi wa barakatuhu.

i was going to ask this Question last night but my mind was interrupted with another:).

so if i say i'm going to act on a dawah project i've been planning what do you think are the most important things a good daee should keep in her mind??

ermm...it's not about that sister.....

so hope we can discuss some beneficial stuff inshallah

jazakallah khairan:).

:wasalam:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu.

Nayyararsi

Kashmiri Brother
Assalamualaikum

What do you mean Dawah i.e inviting non muslims to Islam or Islah i.e Redevelopment of muslims.Inshaallah i will be in a better position to answer.........

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I do volunteer work at a federal prison. I work with incarcerated female felons..they are Muslim.
I am absolutely careful about rules and regulations. I park my car and leave my cell phone and purse locked in the car. I sign in and sign out. I wear simple clothes.
As I am a simple and humble woman I have told the sisters I am no scholar. I discuss with the chaplin what I am going to discuss with the sisters. My role is to be supportive and help them to practice Islam. I take literature, prayer rugs and prayer beads for the sisters.
These are highly intelligent women. And the bottom line is respect for a fellow sister. They appreciate the visit..it is the first time that the Muslim women have had a "religious" visitor.

The reason I write this to demonstrate that Allah subhana talla provides us with paths. We have to be delicate in our roles. The only recommendation I can give you is to respect those who are willing to spend time with you. My work gives me knowledge and Love. I am the one who is blessed. We cry and laugh and talk and praise Allah subhana talla. I am really learning the meaning of lower your gaze.

You will be good at anything you do, Insha'Allah.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Wa'alaykummusalam wa rahmatullah,

Know your audience or mad'u. The people whom you are to give da'awah to. A da'ae/da'eyaah would need not only one skill in giving da'wah but various of skills. The way you approach golden age people might be different with the way you approach a teenager. All these are skills and can be learned but it also requires a continuous practice.

Just like no one likes to be approach so suddenly, its best if you get to know that person first, know how his/her personality first, then only try to SLOWLY give da'wah to that person. Be well prepared when you are ready to carry out on your mission :)

In my circle group (usrah/halaaqah), if you are a naaqibah (for men - naaqib), it is always encourage that you buy some drinks to the sisters in your cirlce, as a method of da'awah too. Once when you get closer to someone, that person will feel more comfortable to open up and talk about anything, thats when you start talking about the Deen, talking about some ayaat from the Quraan, stories of the Salaafus Soleeh.

I've been reading the book Mukhtaasar Riyaadhus Saliheen and MashAllaah, some of the hadeeth really suits us, being a da'ae/da'eyaah.

Abu Hurairah (May Allaah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allaah sallallahu a'layhi wassalam said, "He who calls others to follow the Right Guidance will have a reward equal to the reward of those who follow him, without their reward being diminished in any respect on that account." [Muslim no.2674]

'Abdullah bin 'Amr bin Al-'As (May Allaah be pleased with them) reported: The Prophet sallallahu a'layhi wassalam said, "Convey from me even an Ayah of the Quran; relate traditions from Bani Israel, and there is no restriction on that; but he who deliberately forges a lie against me let him have his abode in the Hell." [Bukhari no. 3274]

Sahl bin Sa'd (May Allaah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet sallallahu a'layhi wassalam said to 'Ali (May Allaah be pleased with him), "By Allaah, if a single person is guided by Allaah through you, it will be better for you than a whole lot of red camels." [Al-Bukhari no 3498 and Muslim no. 2406]

Mu'awiyah (May Allaah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger sallallahu a'layhi wassalam said, "When Allaah wishes good for someone, He bestows upon him the understanding of the Deen." [Al-Bukhari no.71 and Muslim no.1037]

InshAllaah others can add their own tips/methods as well. :)

Wa'alaykummusalam wa rahmatullah.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Assalamualaikum

What do you mean Dawah i.e inviting non muslims to Islam or Islah i.e Redevelopment of muslims.Inshaallah i will be in a better position to answer.........

i mean both:)i've started with my family and i'm thinking of the other.coz i don't know when my times up i'd rather have some good with me:)jazakallah khairan!

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Assalaam walaikum,

I do volunteer work at a federal prison. I work with incarcerated female felons..they are Muslim.
I am absolutely careful about rules and regulations. I park my car and leave my cell phone and purse locked in the car. I sign in and sign out. I wear simple clothes.
As I am a simple and humble woman I have told the sisters I am no scholar. I discuss with the chaplin what I am going to discuss with the sisters. My role is to be supportive and help them to practice Islam. I take literature, prayer rugs and prayer beads for the sisters.
These are highly intelligent women. And the bottom line is respect for a fellow sister. They appreciate the visit..it is the first time that the Muslim women have had a "religious" visitor.

The reason I write this to demonstrate that Allah subhana talla provides us with paths. We have to be delicate in our roles. The only recommendation I can give you is to respect those who are willing to spend time with you. My work gives me knowledge and Love. I am the one who is blessed. We cry and laugh and talk and praise Allah subhana talla. I am really learning the meaning of lower your gaze.

You will be good at anything you do, Insha'Allah.

sobhanallah sister you do that??you are made up of good things:).sister si the reaction of a non muslim different from that of a muslims??

jazakallah khairan for you answer sister.i'll make sure that i never appear disrespectful of be one.

may ALLAH bless you for the encouragment and showing confidence sisiter:)

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Wa'alaykummusalam wa rahmatullah,

Know your audience or mad'u. The people whom you are to give da'awah to. A da'ae/da'eyaah would need not only one skill in giving da'wah but various of skills. The way you approach golden age people might be different with the way you approach a teenager. All these are skills and can be learned but it also requires a continuous practice.

Just like no one likes to be approach so suddenly, its best if you get to know that person first, know how his/her personality first, then only try to SLOWLY give da'wah to that person. Be well prepared when you are ready to carry out on your mission :)

In my circle group (usrah/halaaqah), if you are a naaqibah (for men - naaqib), it is always encourage that you buy some drinks to the sisters in your cirlce, as a method of da'awah too. Once when you get closer to someone, that person will feel more comfortable to open up and talk about anything, thats when you start talking about the Deen, talking about some ayaat from the Quraan, stories of the Salaafus Soleeh.

I've been reading the book Mukhtaasar Riyaadhus Saliheen and MashAllaah, some of the hadeeth really suits us, being a da'ae/da'eyaah.

Abu Hurairah (May Allaah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allaah sallallahu a'layhi wassalam said, "He who calls others to follow the Right Guidance will have a reward equal to the reward of those who follow him, without their reward being diminished in any respect on that account." [Muslim no.2674]

'Abdullah bin 'Amr bin Al-'As (May Allaah be pleased with them) reported: The Prophet sallallahu a'layhi wassalam said, "Convey from me even an Ayah of the Quran; relate traditions from Bani Israel, and there is no restriction on that; but he who deliberately forges a lie against me let him have his abode in the Hell." [Bukhari no. 3274]

Sahl bin Sa'd (May Allaah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet sallallahu a'layhi wassalam said to 'Ali (May Allaah be pleased with him), "By Allaah, if a single person is guided by Allaah through you, it will be better for you than a whole lot of red camels." [Al-Bukhari no 3498 and Muslim no. 2406]

Mu'awiyah (May Allaah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger sallallahu a'layhi wassalam said, "When Allaah wishes good for someone, He bestows upon him the understanding of the Deen." [Al-Bukhari no.71 and Muslim no.1037]

InshAllaah others can add their own tips/methods as well. :)

Wa'alaykummusalam wa rahmatullah.

oookay so it is trying to understand the person i'm going to give dawah to first:)fair enough,this means i got to do some modification:)second thing you advice is one step at a time.inshallah i'll keep that in mind.sister what is naaqib??? and i dont believe i can pass drinks online:D!!....kidding sis!!
and also can you plzz explain the second hadith.something is confusing me??

jazakallah khairan for the hadiths sister.they are like a push of *go do it*:)

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
oookay so it is trying to understand the person i'm going to give dawah to first:)fair enough,this means i got to do some modification:)second thing you advice is one step at a time.inshallah i'll keep that in mind.sister what is naaqib??? and i dont believe i can pass drinks online:D!!....kidding sis!!
and also can you plzz explain the second hadith.something is confusing me??

jazakallah khairan for the hadiths sister.they are like a push of *go do it*:)

Naaqib/Naaqibah - it is the "title" used usually when you are in a circle group for example at the masjid. I'm not sure if it is widely used around at other countries too but we started the Usraah (our circle group) since in madraasah. The naaqibah (for woman) is usually the one responsible to give some food for thoughts to the soul. Though the truth is, in the circle group (usually consists of 4/5 but doesnt really matter how many), we share with each other anything and everything. Be it on talks about the Deen or just some vain talks on daily life. Its more like a sisterhood rather than just being in a circle to gain knowledge. That is what Usraah (circle group) is all about.

But the word Usrah, in Arabic it actually means family. But here we used the term as a circle group too.

OK, now about the hadeeth, I think I'm not the best to explain more on the hadeeth but if you refer to Riyadhus Saliheen, it does give some brief explanation on a few selected ahadeeth.

The main point in the 2nd hadeeth was : Convey from me even an ayaah. So thats why I posted it too. :)

If you wish to read on Riyadhus Saliheen (the full version), I have attached it here. The one I'm reading is the soft copy and its on the Summary (Mukhtaasar).

Jazakallahu khayr. Wassalam.

Attachments

• Riyad Us-Saliheen (Gardens of the Righteous) By Yahyaa Ibn Sharaf An-Nawawee.pdf
    5.2 MB · Views: 5

revert2007

Love Fishing
Assalamualikum habibti :)

Well I guess I have said a lot on dawah in other threads but mostly about calling Non Muslims to Islam.

Well here let me explain on both.There are two types of dawah
  1. calling non Muslims to Islam
  2. Calling Muslims to the right path
I personally think both need patience .
Before anyone indulge in dawah,a daee should prepare himself mentally.You must learn to have enough patience as without patience,there is no successful dawah.You will have to face many insults or disrespectful comments.If you can't deal with this,just ignore that person and move on before your anger reach the max point and syaitan dance and clap when you get angry.

If you are a beginner,I am very sure you will have to learn the hard way :).There are times you might regret certain things or you might have thought you should have done better.It doesn't matter.Experience is your teacher and you will learn a lot each day you do dawah in sha Allah.

Doing dawah to non Muslims might be less difficult than doing dawah to Muslims as all you need to tell them is about tauhid and The Oness of Allah The Exalted.You can't convert them and all you can do is convey Allah's message.Do not target them to say shahadah as they might say shahadah in no time but the next day they will apostate.Just plant the seed in their heart and let Allah decide when they are suppose to convert.

Doing dawah to Muslims is where you have to really becareful because these people can be either ignorant or arrogant.Becareful with those arrogant.

The key to do dawah to Muslims is be a good example.
We cannot argue with them.You have to tecakle each of them individually.When it comes to family members,the job is more difficult as people might do not like younger people to advice them.It all depends on your dua and how patience you can be with them.

Small steps will be very helpful and indirect dawah is the best.You can't is ply grab a person and tell them A-Z about islam.It doens't work.You need to know how to deal with their psychology.Indirect dawah means give them the message without them realising that you are doing dawah.This message might make them think and we want them to think.

I do not like to repeat myself.Perhaps you may read other posts of mine if you havn't yet.

Allah knows The Best

Good luck and Assalamualikum :)

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Yes, I do. It is quite simple. I go and we talk. Insha'Allah with time we will be able to make significant changes in the prison system; for Muslim women.

I love the word naaqib. Having a circle is a fundamental prinicpal in group dynamics. It is an equalizier. Everyone is the same.

I have several women who come in to listen. They ask questions and that is progress. They go back and read and ask more questions. The mere mention of Allah subhana talla does bring tranquility into our hearts.

It is nothing major. I simply let these sisters know there are other sisters who think about them and we make dua for each other. I am the one that gets the greatest satisfaction.

:salam2:

everybody most likely will have relatives living,

this is the best dawaa a person can make, for starters, and why wouldn't anyone want to call their relatives to the truth. when you picture the afterlife wouldn't you want all your relatives with.

then friends, they are important too. They share with you times in this life and wouldn't you want to see them with you in afterlife too.

lastly, non-muslims, there are so many that are kind hearted, nice people. they go about not knowing about Islam. Yes, they may have heard, but you see the image played to the public. every muslim is an ambassador of Islam, people reflect on behavior first and foremost. Yes there is a big number of muslims, but we must try to be as close as possible to the prophet's PBUH, way.

a nice thing to open the doors for a person is to say, can I pray for you, so you go and make duaa that Allah guides them.

all these different types of associations with people, should be done simultaneously.

we fulfill our obligations by just conveying the message, whether the person accepts Islam, is up to Allah, swt. So we try as much as possible in a nice way, because we love for them to have peace.

:wasalam:

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Assalamualikum habibti :)

Well I guess I have said a lot on dawah in other threads but mostly about calling Non Muslims to Islam.

Well here let me explain on both.There are two types of dawah
  1. calling non Muslims to Islam
  2. Calling Muslims to the right path
I personally think both need patience .
Before anyone indulge in dawah,a daee should prepare himself mentally.You must learn to have enough patience as without patience,there is no successful dawah.You will have to face many insults or disrespectful comments.If you can't deal with this,just ignore that person and move on before your anger reach the max point and syaitan dance and clap when you get angry.

If you are a beginner,I am very sure you will have to learn the hard way :).There are times you might regret certain things or you might have thought you should have done better.It doesn't matter.Experience is your teacher and you will learn a lot each day you do dawah in sha Allah.

Doing dawah to non Muslims might be less difficult than doing dawah to Muslims as all you need to tell them is about tauhid and The Oness of Allah The Exalted.You can't convert them and all you can do is convey Allah's message.Do not target them to say shahadah as they might say shahadah in no time but the next day they will apostate.Just plant the seed in their heart and let Allah decide when they are suppose to convert.

Doing dawah to Muslims is where you have to really becareful because these people can be either ignorant or arrogant.Becareful with those arrogant.

The key to do dawah to Muslims is be a good example.
We cannot argue with them.You have to tecakle each of them individually.When it comes to family members,the job is more difficult as people might do not like younger people to advice them.It all depends on your dua and how patience you can be with them.

Small steps will be very helpful and indirect dawah is the best.You can't is ply grab a person and tell them A-Z about islam.It doens't work.You need to know how to deal with their psychology.Indirect dawah means give them the message without them realising that you are doing dawah.This message might make them think and we want them to think.

I do not like to repeat myself.Perhaps you may read other posts of mine if you havn't yet.

Allah knows The Best

Good luck and Assalamualikum :)

:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu sister!!
i was looking forward to your reply sisi and i find it very beneficial.right sis your advice is patience.inshallah i'll act upon it.

an yes you are right being a good example really helps.i got some Q regarding your post but i'll look at your other threads first,incase i'm about to make you repeat:D!!

jazakallah khairan.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Naaqib/Naaqibah - it is the "title" used usually when you are in a circle group for example at the masjid. I'm not sure if it is widely used around at other countries too but we started the Usraah (our circle group) since in madraasah. The naaqibah (for woman) is usually the one responsible to give some food for thoughts to the soul. Though the truth is, in the circle group (usually consists of 4/5 but doesnt really matter how many), we share with each other anything and everything. Be it on talks about the Deen or just some vain talks on daily life. Its more like a sisterhood rather than just being in a circle to gain knowledge. That is what Usraah (circle group) is all about.

But the word Usrah, in Arabic it actually means family. But here we used the term as a circle group too.

OK, now about the hadeeth, I think I'm not the best to explain more on the hadeeth but if you refer to Riyadhus Saliheen, it does give some brief explanation on a few selected ahadeeth.

The main point in the 2nd hadeeth was : Convey from me even an ayaah. So thats why I posted it too. :)

If you wish to read on Riyadhus Saliheen (the full version), I have attached it here. The one I'm reading is the soft copy and its on the Summary (Mukhtaasar).

Jazakallahu khayr. Wassalam.

jazakallah khairan for the book sister.may ALLAH reward you in duniya and akhira:).........and also for the explaination;)

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Assalaam walaikum,

Yes, I do. It is quite simple. I go and we talk. Insha'Allah with time we will be able to make significant changes in the prison system; for Muslim women.

I love the word naaqib. Having a circle is a fundamental prinicpal in group dynamics. It is an equalizier. Everyone is the same.

I have several women who come in to listen. They ask questions and that is progress. They go back and read and ask more questions. The mere mention of Allah subhana talla does bring tranquility into our hearts.

It is nothing major. I simply let these sisters know there are other sisters who think about them and we make dua for each other. I am the one that gets the greatest satisfaction.

woooow!!that's nice.mayALLAH give you the strenght to carry on and may ALLAH accept your good deeds.

I"m really happy i asked my Q here:so much to know about.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2:

everybody most likely will have relatives living,

this is the best dawaa a person can make, for starters, and why wouldn't anyone want to call their relatives to the truth. when you picture the afterlife wouldn't you want all your relatives with.

then friends, they are important too. They share with you times in this life and wouldn't you want to see them with you in afterlife too.

lastly, non-muslims, there are so many that are kind hearted, nice people. they go about not knowing about Islam. Yes, they may have heard, but you see the image played to the public. every muslim is an ambassador of Islam, people reflect on behavior first and foremost. Yes there is a big number of muslims, but we must try to be as close as possible to the prophet's PBUH, way.

a nice thing to open the doors for a person is to say, can I pray for you, so you go and make duaa that Allah guides them.

all these different types of associations with people, should be done simultaneously.

we fulfill our obligations by just conveying the message, whether the person accepts Islam, is up to Allah, swt. So we try as much as possible in a nice way, because we love for them to have peace.

:wasalam:

:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu.

beautiful reply akhi.yes i very much want my family and friends to accompany me in jannah and me,them.may ALLAH grant it to us.ameen

jazakallah khairan for the sequence.again glad tht i asked before acting.i think i can make some healthy changes to the plans may ALLAH make the right path easy for us all to follow.ameen

revert2007

Love Fishing
:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu sister!!
i was looking forward to your reply sisi and i find it very beneficial.right sis your advice is patience.inshallah i'll act upon it.

an yes you are right being a good example really helps.i got some Q regarding your post but i'll look at your other threads first,incase i'm about to make you repeat:D!!

jazakallah khairan.

Wa iyaki habibti.I don't mind repeating but I just hope others do not get bored :).

It is very subjective and we cannot have one particular answer.If at the moment you are dealing with your family members,then concentrate on them.They are more likely to be sensitive and you have to go slow.Make it as daily routine.Everyday put some thoughts to their mind.If you face a particular situation,that will help us to help you in sha Allah.

feel free to ask dear :)

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Wa iyaki habibti.I don't mind repeating but I just hope others do not get bored :).

It is very subjective and we cannot have one particular answer.If at the moment you are dealing with your family members,then concentrate on them.They are more likely to be sensitive and you have to go slow.Make it as daily routine.Everyday put some thoughts to their mind.If you face a particular situation,that will help us to help you in sha Allah.

feel free to ask dear :)

ohh that's so sweet my sister.jazakallah khairan for your kind reply:).

okay i'll ask but yeah i'll go thru your threads first.incase my Qs are not answered i'll be here to pull the trigger of my Question guns:p.

sis i'm facing a situation with my mom.it's not heated it's just that she's not giving up on some practices i am told here are bidaa'h.it was friday today and i saw her doing salaat tasbhee again.but today i thought i'll give her a break and tell her next time.it's been quite sometime now,i dunno how to convince her enough so that she gives up.

jazakallah khairan again.i'll be ringing your door bell often after i commence the other operation:)!!.

barakallah fik,

revert2007

Love Fishing
ohh that's so sweet my sister.jazakallah khairan for your kind reply:).

okay i'll ask but yeah i'll go thru your threads first.incase my Qs are not answered i'll be here to pull the trigger of my Question guns:p.

sis i'm facing a situation with my mom.it's not heated it's just that she's not giving up on some practices i am told here are bidaa'h.it was friday today and i saw her doing salaat tasbhee again.but today i thought i'll give her a break and tell her next time.it's been quite sometime now,i dunno how to convince her enough so that she gives up.

jazakallah khairan again.i'll be ringing your door bell often after i commence the other operation:)!!.

barakallah fik,

Assalamualikum.Well sis I am not aware of salah tasbeeh.Why don't you just tell her to do 12 sunnah salah if she wants to do more salah then 5 obligatory salah.Just renew her intention to sunnah salah and of course do not pray during the forbidden time like before Zohr when the sun is high.In the morning when the sun rises she can perform salah duha as much as she wants.And at night she can pray night prayers as much as she wants.

Anyway I will google what is salah tasbeeh :D

Will try to get useful fatwas and evidence in sha Allah

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:,

just few sentences i would like to say :)

1. learn and practice before preaching to be a good example. and have patience after preaching bcoz u may hear some disliking words.

2. dont forget to mention Oneness of Allah, paradise and fire, benefits of good deeds in this world/grave/judgment day and problems bad deeds may create.

barak Allah feeki