social position of western women today

justoneofmillion

assalam, well i thought it i was intresting to share the extract below and ask your views about it as a lot of people are asking for muslims in the west to "integrate" i think this is a good opportunity indeed for playing an active role as full citizens in society and stop swallowing rules without denouncing the catastrophic effects they may have for the society as a whole i mean is there any muslim sisters organisations,associations, that deal with the subject besides doing dawah and challenge the feminists as they seem to have failed from taking women out of slavery and servitude and have just given it another face i guess numbers can`t lye...!!!what is activly being done in the matter i know that we also have some problems no question but i believe that islam as a systen and universal message has to be active in that field and can`t just limit itself to regulate the needs of muslims only but to forbid the bad and denounce it lowdly while promoting the good not just among muslims but for humanity as a whole.
please share your views what do you propose how can it be implemented i know it is kinda looking far but as hajj al malik shabazz (malcolm x) said"the futur belong to those who prepare for it today"

http://www.islambasics.com/view.php?bkID=13&chapter=5

http://www.islambasics.com/view.php?bkID=13&chapter=7

justoneofmillion

assalam, lol.....any living creature there feel lonely on this thread guys am facing whole army by myself here come on don`t be shy i really think it is important!:SMILY129:

Quratulaine

:salam2:

interesting articles...islam truely is the solution to the liberation of women....i've noticed however that even though women and men have equal status in islam, that isn't always the case in muslim communities. for example, the first time i had enough courage to go to the mosque on my own, the entrance for the sisters was locked, but the parking lot was full with men, and they were all going inside to pray...i wanted to ask them when the women's entrance was open, but i didn't know how they would react so i had to drive all the way home.....(40 min drive) this is just a personal example, but i have noticed that activities and facilities for muslim women tends to be limited. also, it seems to me that muslim women are encouraged to stay in the home at all times and not get involved in the community. (cultural reasons maybe? who knows...) i don't want to stray off topic, but i think this could be a part of the problem.

i think that muslim women should share their knowledge with the "western minded" feminists and get involved with their communities as much as possible. and try not to just reach out to other muslims, but non muslims as well!

here is something that has been on my mind: does anyone know any well written books/websites that discuss women at the time of the prophet?:saw2:

hope this didn't stray off topic!:girl3:

justoneofmillion

interesting articles...islam truely is the solution to the liberation of women....i've noticed however that even though women and men have equal status in islam, that isn't always the case in muslim communities. for example, the first time i had enough courage to go to the mosque on my own, the entrance for the sisters was locked, but the parking lot was full with men, and they were all going inside to pray...i wanted to ask them when the women's entrance was open, but i didn't know how they would react so i had to drive all the way home.....(40 min drive) this is just a personal example, but i have noticed that activities and facilities for muslim women tends to be limited. also, it seems to me that muslim women are encouraged to stay in the home at all times and not get involved in the community. (cultural reasons maybe? who knows...) i don't want to stray off topic, but i think this could be a part of the problem.

i think that muslim women should share their knowledge with the "western minded" feminists and get involved with their communities as much as possible. and try not to just reach out to other muslims, but non muslims as well!

here is something that has been on my mind: does anyone know any well written books/websites that discuss women at the time of the prophet?:saw2:

well dear sister i know what you mean but this thread was acctually meant to focus on the other version if you want of women because the focus on muslim women is enough enough and enough everybody talks abt that all the time medias news papers, magazines........etc but no one seem to really wanna talk abt western women not even on TTi i guess eventough their counterparts do that whole heartedly.for the reward of this life,and approuval of their masters.....

ps.merci pour ta reponse je pense qu`il ya plain d`autres postes qui discutent du role de la femme au temps du prophet S.A.W sur TTI j`esserais de te communiquer quelques bons livres aussi inschallaah que dieu te protege.:)

powerofislam

sister what u went through there in masjid was ur fault you dint had the courage to ask any one what kind of exuse is how would men react they were not gona do anything to you its not any men fault or the culture so plzz stop blaming others for ur fault and i dont think muslim women living in western countries are forced to stay home they do what ever they want to

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam Brother,

I read the articles. Here I go again. Brother Malcolm Shabazz was correct in many ways. The women's liberation movement was a deliberate movement to break the family. Most of the women who participated in the movement were college educated girls who burned thier bras to get into the workforce. Birth control gave them the opportuinity to work and have a career and have it all. The superwoman arose. The woman who could do it all. The soccer mom in her SUV. You have to have it all. Something had to give: the family. Women made choices between having children or going up the coporate ladder. Bling-bling bling-bling. You could hire illegal Hispanic nannies, after artificial insemination and test tube babies and fertility drugs. You could have it all.
I do not know if any studies have been conducted but the vast majority of women who are in lesbian relationships are women who are middle aged and divorced. They have had abusive realtionships and been molested in their youth. This is my conclusion after twenty years in the field of cousenling. they are not healthy women. They carry scars from many years of being abused.

We know capitalism and marxism will/could never work. They are simply economic models; one to make money at the expense of all workers and the other to make sure there are defined lines of labor.

Where does this leave the Muslim woman. We stand beside the Muslim man. In the formative years of Islam they were on the battlefield caring for the wounded, giving water,and taking care of what needed to be.

We are intelligent women who understand that we are given equality by Allah. On the day that is promised Allah will ask me what did I do to serve Him? Allah has given me life in this world as a woman. He in His Wisdom has given me responsibilites. Let me fulfill them with His Mercy.

As for the silliness at the masjids. I got tired of it and took charge. The men did not want women in the kitchen. One day I made chai. Now they wait for me to make chai. I cleaned up. They thank me. The other sisters are begining to get the idea they have hands and feet, they can do.

Islam is a religion of reason and logic. We are given a brain. We are given the reason to make choices that will make the course of our lives here and in the hereafter. Other systems only rely on this life. I can not state that enough.
So I ask why should we need to respond to systems that are faulty as they are incomplete. We are given the opportuinity to participate as members of a total religion that is blessed by Allah.

I pray I have not rambled too much.

justoneofmillion

good book

assalam,sister here is a book that i wanted to sujest to you as i remember you speaking German i think it even exists in french i do not know abt english tough. it was a best seller last year generated an incredible controversy and has encounterd a lot of support and positive criticism as a lot of women felt she was saying out loud what they felt.a smart and couragious pladoyer for the return of femininity and that from a well known female journalist a prime time news presentator and she is not even muslim ....lolit is called "Das Eva prinzip"(the principle of eve):SMILY252: from Eva Hermann i don`t know if this book is distributed in the muslim world or elsewhere but i wish more books like this could be though because maybe that for some people there it could be an eye opener . if th statistics are not enough who knows..... here is the link
http://www.eva-herman.de/
http://www.pendo.ch/cgi-bin/WebObjects/TXTSVPendo2.woa/wa/startWithArtikelDetail?isbn=3-86612-105-9

Quratulaine

sister what u went through there in masjid was ur fault you dint had the courage to ask any one what kind of exuse is how would men react they were not gona do anything to you its not any men fault or the culture so plzz stop blaming others for ur fault and i dont think muslim women living in western countries are forced to stay home they do what ever they want to

whoah.......i'm not blaming ANYONE!!!!! lol i just shared with you my first time ever going to the mosque(or attempt at going)....just having reverted to islam, not knowing any muslims, my parents not really happy about it, so i was felt VERY insecure, and i felt suddenly shy in the situation...it was my decision, hamdoulilah. but....i'm sorry....you can't argue with the fact that the facilities for women in mosques aren't the same! btw....i wasn't just talking about just western muslims, but muslim women also from the east.:wasalam:

Quratulaine

assalam,sister here is a book that i wanted to sujest to you as i remember you speaking German i think it even exists in french i do not know abt english tough. it was a best seller last year generated an incredible controversy and has encounterd a lot of support and positive criticism as a lot of women felt she was saying out loud what they felt.a smart and couragious pladoyer for the return of femininity and that from a well known female journalist a prime time news presentator and she is not even muslim ....lolit is called "Das Eva prinzip"(the principle of eve):SMILY252: from Eva Hermann i don`t know if this book is distributed in the muslim world or elsewhere but i wish more books like this could be though because maybe that for some people there it could be an eye opener . if th statistics are not enough who knows..... here is the link
http://www.eva-herman.de/
http://www.pendo.ch/cgi-bin/WebObjects/TXTSVPendo2.woa/wa/startWithArtikelDetail?isbn=3-86612-105-9

vielen dank!

:wasalam:

Quratulaine

Salaam Brother,

I read the articles. Here I go again. Brother Malcolm Shabazz was correct in many ways. The women's liberation movement was a deliberate movement to break the family. Most of the women who participated in the movement were college educated girls who burned thier bras to get into the workforce. Birth control gave them the opportuinity to work and have a career and have it all. The superwoman arose. The woman who could do it all. The soccer mom in her SUV. You have to have it all. Something had to give: the family. Women made choices between having children or going up the coporate ladder. Bling-bling bling-bling. You could hire illegal Hispanic nannies, after artificial insemination and test tube babies and fertility drugs. You could have it all.
I do not know if any studies have been conducted but the vast majority of women who are in lesbian relationships are women who are middle aged and divorced. They have had abusive realtionships and been molested in their youth. This is my conclusion after twenty years in the field of cousenling. they are not healthy women. They carry scars from many years of being abused.

We know capitalism and marxism will/could never work. They are simply economic models; one to make money at the expense of all workers and the other to make sure there are defined lines of labor.

Where does this leave the Muslim woman. We stand beside the Muslim man. In the formative years of Islam they were on the battlefield caring for the wounded, giving water,and taking care of what needed to be.

We are intelligent women who understand that we are given equality by Allah. On the day that is promised Allah will ask me what did I do to serve Him? Allah has given me life in this world as a woman. He in His Wisdom has given me responsibilites. Let me fulfill them with His Mercy.

As for the silliness at the masjids. I got tired of it and took charge. The men did not want women in the kitchen. One day I made chai. Now they wait for me to make chai. I cleaned up. They thank me. The other sisters are begining to get the idea they have hands and feet, they can do.

Islam is a religion of reason and logic. We are given a brain. We are given the reason to make choices that will make the course of our lives here and in the hereafter. Other systems only rely on this life. I can not state that enough.
So I ask why should we need to respond to systems that are faulty as they are incomplete. We are given the opportuinity to participate as members of a total religion that is blessed by Allah.

I pray I have not rambled too much.

mirajmom,

:salam2: thank you....this post made my day! keep your great posts coming!:hearts:

:wasalam: