Somalian food

Muslimah99

Bosnian Muslimah
does anyone in herehave some recipes on basis Somalian food...I have tried it many times and like it, want to try it..no I am not Somalian but just being curious :)

Sulikha

Tawakal-Allal-Allah
:salam2:

:ma:I am glad to read that you like somalian food. Which food you really mean, rice, bread, meat, samooza etc... well did you drink somalian tea before, it is very tasteful too.

later for the recipe InshaAllah.

huda2

what kind of food sis? there are many different as sulikha mention, and yes most have good taste :ma:.

:wasalam:

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah
hmmmm

hmmm i love somalian tea its nice and the food but i cant cook that good but i love tasting it lool:hijabi:

:wasalam:

Muslimah99

Bosnian Muslimah

:ma:I am glad to read that you like somalian food. Which food you really mean, rice, bread, meat, samooza etc... well did you drink somalian tea before, it is very tasteful too.

later for the recipe InshaAllah.

the rice thing and other stuff with lemon...and so on...yes tea I have tasted lots of times with my Somalian friends and in a Somalian mosque

misalat

:salam2:sister,

Hope one of the sisters has give us here the recipe? i did not see it yet but hay eagerly waiting from the experts..................

Sulikha

Tawakal-Allal-Allah

Cooking rice some people add water to cook, but I like mine to cook with soup. It could be any soup but I like lamp soup.

One cup of Rice (whashed) basmati rice it is.
saying BismiAllah.
in a cooking pan you put 3 spoon of olive oil
some (3) cloves and 1tsp of ground cinnamon, half tsp ground pepper, 4 chopped Garlic, one chopped onion, and half maggi (chicken flavor stock cube) salt to taste. you add one cup of rice after mixing add 2 cups of the lamp soup, ( or it could be 2 cups of water) whatever you like but the soup gives it a great taste. cover the rice on a high heat after 5 mn you put in med heat five more mn then you put in low heat leave it for another 5 mn. after that it should be ready InshaAllah.

I hope I get it all, I am not great cooker:girl3: but I cook for my family and they love it:hearts:, Alhamdullilah.

hope you get is sister.

Assalamu Aleikum

Here is Somali spiced tea..Enjoy it:)

you will need to use a kettle or enamel jug which can be put directly on the stove, as all the ingredients are cooked together in a pot on open heat.

To six cups of tea you will need:
1 pint of water
4 whole cardamoms
4 whole cloves
a stick of cinnamom
4 tsp good tea ( 3 teabags)
1 teacup fresh milk (may be omitted)
1/2 teacup sugar( may be served in a bowl later)

Whoops i forgot to put the method:p

Place the mixture in the bottom of the kettle/teapot and pour in boiling water. Let it steep for several minutes, and add sugar.
Pour milk into each tea cup, add tea to milk and serve!

Ps: Don't forget to crush the cardamom, cloves and cinnamon stick.

saira1984

Trust in Allah swt
salam
somalian food is very easy to make, I am English and my hubby is Somalian and he taught me to cook the two dishes that I mainly cook are a type of spagetti with tomato sauce with small bits of lamb and the other large bits of lamb cooked, seasoned and rice, I will post the receipes on here later I'm at work at the mo and just getting ready to finish for the day :0

Saira x

:tti_sister:

Muslimah99

Bosnian Muslimah
salam
somalian food is very easy to make, I am English and my hubby is Somalian and he taught me to cook the two dishes that I mainly cook are a type of spagetti with tomato sauce with small bits of lamb and the other large bits of lamb cooked, seasoned and rice, I will post the receipes on here later I'm at work at the mo and just getting ready to finish for the day :0

Saira x

:tti_sister:

insha'Allah, can't wait to see the recipes:blackhijab: