some thing shocking happened today

slave_of allah

assalam mulaikum how r u all..........
today i was alone at home my mother was sleepin ... i heard a knock at da

door i opened it n saw two very old peaple asking for zakat i dint have a

single penny in my hand and i don know some thing inside me was tellin to

close da door on them and send them. i told dem to come later they could

not even get down da stairs... after they went i had i guilt feeling n was praying dat they come back... and after 3hrs they came n knocked i dint get cash so thougth will give dem raw rice n some stuffs i packed and came to give they were not there i went down they were'nt there not even in the streets....... i got shockedn scared dat those old ppl who wr taking so much time to get down stairs at frist visit how could they go so fast... i don under stand i imediatly called my friend n sd this she said they mite have been angles sent down and allah has tested me... is this true.. its realy very odd...and the thing is dat i failed to give dem wot they asked

daud

goodly tree
i think u will see them again just as u saw them twice. if something good happans let us know. u did try to help them anway! so don feel bad that u didnt give them anything at all. u still got ur reward (if done wit the rit intntion).

safiya58

:salam2:

when I was in turkey i heard similar storries like that... ppl there also believe that Allah was testing them with His angels.... I don´t know... but it is possible...

:wasalam:

abdurrazzaq

I think they arent angels.Because Allah need not send angels to test you...And why will he test you like that?You know you didnt have a penny.
Allah keeps testing everyone sometime or the other
But Allah knows best.

q8penpals

Salam

I have a problem here in Kuwait with beggars, especially during Ramadan. I don't know about whether they are angels or not, but I wouldn't think so. Personally, I do not like beggars coming to my door and disrupting my privacy. I am very free with donations and giving, but not at my door. They "get" you because people don't like to close the door in someone's face.

In Kuwait, they arrest people for begging (especially, again, during Ramadan) because they get tons of people who beg to take advantage of the generosity of Muslims during this month.

Isn't there something in Islam that says you shouldn't go begging?

When I went for Umrah, I couldn't stand the number of beggars along the outside of the Haram Mosque. I know the Saudi police were daily (while we were there) arresting women for begging with children. My husband and I made the mistake of giving something to the first kid that came up to us, because within SECONDS we had about twenty children pulling and tugging and begging us! After that, we locked all our money up in the room, and I took off my rings and watch and left locked up, and so went we went to the mosque, we could honestly say we didn't have anything for them. Ironically, many of the kids would get money and all were giving it to the same lady (and there is no way they were all her kids - it was like a small business she was running).

Anyway, I digress - I donate and give money, but not at my front door to beggars.

salam alaykum

its not always angels u know...could b fakes like in pakistan u got millions of them from top to bottom people r begging!

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
i think sister people around us are enough to test us. to much suffering around us i was being somewhere a lady helps the poor n needy people n you'll not believe me people are really needy you can read their faces their pale completions due to hunger. and brother podolski 11 we shouldn't give sweeping statements m from Pakistan to n yes their is genuine poverty. i have meet so many genuinely needy people n really feel helpless to help them because they are too many.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
i don under stand i imediatly called my friend n sd this she said they mite have been angles sent down and allah has tested me... is this true.. its realy very odd...and the thing is dat i failed to give dem wot they asked

were they males or females? bcoz i read tht angels take forms of only men.

if they were really angels and u were really not able to help them and feel guilty, that means u passed the test inshallah

abdellah007

Salam

I have a problem here in Kuwait with beggars, especially during Ramadan. I don't know about whether they are angels or not, but I wouldn't think so. Personally, I do not like beggars coming to my door and disrupting my privacy. I am very free with donations and giving, but not at my door. They "get" you because people don't like to close the door in someone's face.

In Kuwait, they arrest people for begging (especially, again, during Ramadan) because they get tons of people who beg to take advantage of the generosity of Muslims during this month.

Isn't there something in Islam that says you shouldn't go begging?

When I went for Umrah, I couldn't stand the number of beggars along the outside of the Haram Mosque. I know the Saudi police were daily (while we were there) arresting women for begging with children. My husband and I made the mistake of giving something to the first kid that came up to us, because within SECONDS we had about twenty children pulling and tugging and begging us! After that, we locked all our money up in the room, and I took off my rings and watch and left locked up, and so went we went to the mosque, we could honestly say we didn't have anything for them. Ironically, many of the kids would get money and all were giving it to the same lady (and there is no way they were all her kids - it was like a small business she was running).

Anyway, I digress - I donate and give money, but not at my front door to beggars.

I saw them there, most of them are African ladies with many kids.they sit along the road and begging they even sound like singing.

here is what Islam says about this issue

From Saheeh al Bukhaaree, Narrated Hakim bin Hizam:
The Messenger of Allaah (salallaahu alayhi wasallam) said, "The upper hand is better than the lower hand (i.e. he who gives in charity is better than him who takes it). One should start giving first to his dependents. And the best object of charity is that which is given by a wealthy person (from the money which is left after his expenses). And whoever abstains from asking others for some financial help, Allah will give him and save him from asking others, Allah will make him self-sufficient." 1346

From Saheeh Muslim
Abu Huraira is reported to have heard the Messenger of Allaah (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) as saying: It is letter for one among you to bring a load of firewood on his back and give charity out of it (and satisfy his own need) and be independent of people, than that he should beg from people, whether they give him anything or refuse him. Verily the upper hand is better than the lower hand, and begin (charity) with your dependants. 2267

The Advice of Sufyaan ath-Thawree (d. 161) to 'Alee ibn Hasan

The Filth of the People

Sufyaan ath-Thawree said to 'Alee ibn al-Hasan, while advising him, ýO my brother! You must take to acquiring that which is pure, and that which you yourself have earned, and beware of eating and dressing from the filth of the people [i.e. living from their charity and hand-outs]. Indeed the one who eats from the filth of the people is like a man who owns the upper story of a building, but not the lower story, so he is always afraid that the lower story will fall down causing his upper story to be demolished.

And the one who eats from the filth of the people speaks from whims and desires, agreeing with the people, out of fear of being shunned by them.
O my brother! If you were to receive anything from the people, you would hinder and prevent your tongue [i.e. from speaking the truth to them], and you would honor some people and treat others with contempt, despite the punishment that will befall you on the Day of Resurrection. For indeed the one who gives you something from his wealth, has indeed given you his filth.

And the explanation of why this is his filth is that the wealth he gives purifies his actions from sins [i.e. and hence becomes filthy for us, just like water becomes dirty in the process of cleaning a garment].
And if you were to accept anything from the people, then if they were to call you to do evil, you would accede to their wishes. Indeed the one who eats from the filth of the people is like the man who has some partners, and he feels that he is bound to them, by an oath. My brother! Hunger and starvation, and engaging in few acts of worship, is better than eating oneýs fill via the filth of the people, and [hence being able to do] many acts of worship.

And it has reached us that Allaahýs Messenger (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallama) said, ýIf one of you had taken some rope and then gathered some firewood [to sell it to the people], until his back became sore, then that would be better for you than being dependant upon his brother by asking for something or anticipating something.ý [Related by al-Bukhaaree.]

And it has reached us that 'Umar ibn al-Khattaab (radiyallaahu ta'aalaa anhu) said, ýWhoever among you works, then we commend him and whoever does not work, then we have doubts about him.ý And he said, ýO Reciters! Raise your heads! [i.e. Donýt go about with heads bent as if out of humility, for humility is of the heart.] Do not add humility to what is in the heart, while competing with one another for good deeds, and do not be dependent upon the people, for that way has become clear.ý
And cAlee ibn Abee Taalib (radiyallaahu tacaalaa canhu) said, ýIndeed the one who lives completely from the hands of the people, is like the one who plants a tree upon someone elseýs land.ý
So fear Allaah, my brother, being conscious of Him! For no one has acquired something from the people, except that he becomes despised and contemptible with the people, and the Believers are Allaahýs witnesses on the earth.

Be careful not to earn through evil ways and then spend that wealth in obeying Allaah, for indeed avoidance of it has been made an obligation and a duty by Allaah, and indeed He is Pure (Tayyib) and accepts only that which is pure (tayyib).

Do you not see that a man who had a robe upon which some urine dropped, so he wanted to clean itýbut he washed it with some more urine?! Do you think that he has actually cleaned it? Of course not! Indeed dirt and filth cannot be purified except with that which is pure, and likewise the sin can only be wiped out with a good deed. And indeed Allaah is Pure and accepts only that which is pure, and indeed the Haraam is not accepted in any of the actions.
Or can it be that someone commits a sin and then eradicates it with [another] sin?!ý [Related by Aboo Nu'aym in al-Hilyah (8/71-72).]

HIBBA2009

Daughter of Adam
asalamalikum
I don't know... I kinda doubt that it would be angels. Is she herself in a position to give money? Would the money be her own? If so, then she could just give a little bit of money, but even giving them food acceptable. But if she is taking the money from her parents, what she did was totally okay anyway... It's not like she was being completely stingy, she was doing what was within her means.

Maybe when they saw she was getting food, they just left. Some poor people only want money, not food, not clothes, not anything else.

slave_of allah

and you know what? they came today also, but me and my sister (allah is with me) were moving out, and they suddenly came, and my sis opened the door, and they started asking for some food, and we gave them, and then he started blessing my sis, he said a lot to my sis...and said may allah keep you all happy, and prayed for us...
and then he went..
but this time only 1 person ......

slave_of allah

assalm ... brother they were two old men .... i dont know dat wther they were angels or not but it was weired ... n they never showed up

slave_of allah

oops my sis entered into my i.d n sent dat shes small ......hey do n e one know guran with english translation mp3 dowload web site

ahmed3711

I think they were poor people not angels.
I don't know which country u come from but it happens in alot of countries some of them r poor and some of them r fake.
also if they are poor or fake so allah maybe testing you
but also my sister you got to take care because you don't know he is fake or not.
what i mean 4 example:
when u go and get them money or food.
tell them a min and am coming but close the door till u come back
don't leave the door open till u come because they are strangers and you don't know them
and allah knows best

q8penpals

Salam

It is good advice to close the door - many crooks will do things like this (begging at doors) in order to scope out whether to rob a person or not (they look in the door and see what you have worth stealing).

I would make doubly sure to lock your doors the next few weeks, just in case.

(I - along with a bunch of my neighbors - was stalked for being robbed once when living in an apartment complex - when the police caught them after several cars were broken into, they found lists the crooks made; they knew exactly what time a bunch of us went to work, came home from work, when kids came and went to school, and what stuff they saw through our windows that they wanted to steal. I moved after finding this out - it freaked me out completely! I just thank God I didn't get robbed before the crooks were caught!)