Something my heart longs for

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
:salam2:

I wish to see this happen in my lifetime.
[yt]bbOIImn9pbo[/yt]

Allah SWT says,
And hold fast, all of you together, to the Rope of Allâh (i.e. this Qur'ân), and be not divided among yourselves[], and remember Allâh's Favour on you, for you were enemies one to another but He joined your hearts together, so that, by His Grace, you became brethren (in Islâmic Faith), and you were on the brink of a pit of Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus Allâh makes His Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.,) clear to you, that you may be guided. (103)
Verily, those who divide their religion and break up into sects (all kinds of religious sects)[], you (O Muhammad SAW) have no concern in them in the least. Their affair is only with Allâh, Who then will tell them what they used to do. (159)
And obey Allâh and His Messenger, and do not dispute (with one another) lest you lose courage and your strength departs, and be patient. Surely, Allâh is with those who are As-Sâbirûn (the patient). (46)

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
^ The video works for me ...?

:jazaak: brother Mohsin, you raised a valuable point, every sincere muslim would want this and only those who want to destory us cause divisions ...dirty munafiqeen whoever/wherever they are most probably :(

Ghareebah

Bint Abdulkadir
salam alaykum

interesting topic youve picked but i dont think khalid yasin is a sheihk...the ulema of saudia have said that you must stick with the salafi da'wa and that it is not a devision rather a unification upon the truth that the slaf as salih were upon.

Ruling on saying “I am a Salafi”

Question:
I have come to know a person who follows the Salafi da’wah and I have read a book about this movement. I believe that the Salafi da’wah is correct and that those who follow it have the sound ‘aqeedah belief), but there are some matters I want to ask about
How correct is it from an Islamic point of view to use the word “Salafi” and to describe oneself in this way?
If a person says that he is a Salafi, is he praising himself? Is this considered to be dividing the ummah?
If we tell the Sufis that their madhhab is not correct, and that neither the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) or his Companions taught it, they will respond that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) or his Companions did not use the word “Salafi” either, so how should we reply to them?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

We can answer this question with the following points:

Each person is obliged to follow the guidance of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and his Companions. This is the way of Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah and the followers of the righteous predecessors (al-salaf al-saalih). Allaah says (interpretation of the meanings):

“Say (O Muhammad): ‘This is my way; I invite unto Allaah with sure knowledge, I and whosoever follows me with sure knowledge. And Glorified and Exalted be Allaah (above all that they associate as partners with Him). And I am not of the mushrikeen (polytheists… those who worship others along with Allaah or set up rivals or partners to Allaah).” [Yoosuf 12:108]

“And whoever contradicts and opposes the Messenger (Muhammad) after the right path has been shown clearly to him, and follows other than the believers’ way, We shall keep him in the oath he has chosen, and burn him in Hell – what an evil destination!” [al-Nisa’ 4:115]

Whoever follows the way of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) belongs to the salaf al-saalih, even if the people call him something else; by the same token, whoever goes against it and deviates from the Sunnah is an innovator, even if he claims to be a Salafi.

If a person calls himself a Salafi to express his gratitude for having been guided to this way, or to clearly distinguish himself from innovation, then this is OK and is allowed in Islam. But if he says it only for the purpose of praising himself, then this is not allowed, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “… therefore justify not yourselves…” [al-Najm 53:32 – Yusuf ‘Ali’s translation]. Similarly, it is not allowed if it is said in a spirit of tribalism or sectarianism, because such attitudes are forbidden, as is clear from the following story: Jaabir ibn ‘Abd-Allaah said: “A man from the Muhaajireen shoved a man from the Ansaar from behind, so each man’s people gathered around him, saying ‘O Muhaajireen (come and help)!’ or ‘O Ansaar (come and help)!’ News of this reached the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and he said, ‘Stop this, for it is repulsive.’ Then he said, ‘What is this call of the people of jaahiliyyah? What is this call of the people of jaahiliyyah?’” (Reported by Imaam Ahmad, 14105; the hadeeth is also to be found in al-Saheehayn). The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) called it the call of the people of jaahiliyyah and described it as repulsive, even though the words “Ansaari” and “Muhaajiri” are Islamic words, the first referring to those who supported Allaah and His Messenger, and the second referring to those who left the land of kufr and migrated to Allaah and His Messenger. Why were they described in this manner? Because in this instance, the words were not used in a permissible fashion; the usage was a sectarian and political one that could have led to fighting between the two groups. The same applies to the word “Salafi”.

If the Ahl al-Sunnah and the salaf draw a line between themselves and the innovators, this is not considered to be dividing the ummah, as those who criticize the use of this word think is the case, but this distancing of oneself has to be done in accordance with the degree of bid’ah – whether it is major or minor – and should be regulated by the overall interests of the Islamic da’wah.

The Sufi claims mentioned in the question are not valid. The denunciation is not merely because of the word “Sufi”, which is a general word that may be applied to things approved of in Islam, such as asceticism (zuhd) and fear of Allaah, or it may be applied to innovations such as monasticism and extremism. Rather the denunciation is because of the various types of shirk, major and minor, that are connected with Sufism and its tareeqahs. The word Tasawwuf (Sufism) now refers to the Sufi tareeqahs and the kinds of innovations they have. Sufism – as is obvious from their books and how Sufis actually are – includes deviant ideas of kufr, such as hulool (incarnation or the belief that the Creator may be indwelling in His creation – exalted be Allaah above what they say), ittihaad (union) and wahdat al-wujood (pantheism or the unity of existence, which is the belief that the Creator and His creation are the same thing, and that everything in existence is Allaah – exalted be Allaah above what they say), and going to extremes in what they say about the awliya’, in addition to their innovations in the matter of acts of worship and awraad (du’aa’s).

The one who is seeking salvation has to work hard to gain beneficial knowledge and do righteous deeds, and he should avoid vain arguments and futile discussions in which there is no benefit.

We ask Allaah to help us and you to follow the truth and act upon it. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad.

Ghareebah

Bint Abdulkadir
The Likeness Of Those Who Seek To Unite The Muslims Even Though They Are Upon Divergent Beliefs, Is The Likeness Of One Who Attempts To Bring Together Water And Fire, And A Reptile And Fish.

Sheikh Saaleh al Fawzaan (may Allaah preserve him) said:

As long as the Aqeedah is shaky and blemished, the Muslims cannot be united. It is not possible to unite the one upon Bidah with the one upon the Sunnah, ABADAN.

It is not possible to unite the person of corrupted aqeedah with the person of sound aqeedah, even though they share the same name (i.e. they are both called Muslims).

It is inevitable to unite the word of the Muslims upon Tawheed, upon the correct aqeedah, upon the Book of Allaah and the Sunnah of the Messenger of Allaah (Muhammad-sallal-laahu-alayhi-wasallam).

It is inevitable to bind the Muslims together, to unite (them) upon that and follow that which comes from this (bond and unity), as long as this does not depart from obedience to Allaah and His Messenger (sallal-laahu-alayhi-wasallam).

For that reason the Messenger (sallal-laahu alayhi wasallam) said:

''Allaah is pleased for you with three things: ''that you worship Him (alone) and not to associate anything with Him; and that you (all) hold unto the Rope of Allaah and not to be divided; and that you give sincere advise to the one placed in charge over your affairs (i.e. the Muslim Ruler)''

As for the one who calls to the unity of the Muslims, even though they differ in their aqeedah, this indeed cannot be possible. The one who wants to unite the Muslims, even though they are upon divergent beliefs, even though they are upon shaky beliefs, this is but inconceivable — like the one who attempts to bring together water and fire — (This cannot be possible). Or bring together (as it is said) a reptile and a fish. This is not possible ever, because the reptile lives on land and the fish lives in the sea....

Source: Excerpt from a lecture delivered by sheikh Saaleh al Fawzaan at Masjid At-Tawheed in Taa-if. Title of lecture: ''At Tahdeer Minal Furqati Wal Ikhtilaaf''

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Jazaki-Allah Sister Caramel for your responses but I think you misunderstood me or Shaikh Khalid Yaseen completely.

He was not asking to unite the different sects on whatever their beliefs are rather, if you would have listened to him, he said ask your Shaikhs ( of whichever group you belong to) to sit down and resolve the issues. I try to copy his exact words he said.
All the different groups that are represented here, lets get our Imams together. Lets get the Ameers that we have set up, our chairmans, our leaders, lets get them together and ask them, what is the deal? What is happening? what is the problem? why you guys can't get together? why you guys can't get together and choose whoever knows the most Quran, whoever knows the most of the Sunnah ...... if we dont ask them to do that, they won't do it for another 50 years.
As for your long posts I would say JazakiAllah but the answer is very precise for me, alhmadu-lillah. I found it in the Fatwa you posted.
Whoever follows the way of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) belongs to the salaf al-saalih, even if the people call him something else; by the same token, whoever goes against it and deviates from the Sunnah is an innovator, even if he claims to be a Salafi.
Give me one good reason, why can't this difinition be used for the word MUSLIM.

Since you raised a lot of points. Let me ask you how does one become a Shaikh ?
Please quote only Quranic verses and authentic ahadith to back up your answer.

Your brother in Islam.

Ghareebah

Bint Abdulkadir
[Q why can't this difinition be used for the word MUSLIM.

salam alaykum wr wb
coming to your point why cant this definition be used for the word muslim. i did not say following the salaf as salih is not under the term muslim...rather calling yourself a MUSLIM is not ENOUGH these days...if you want to know why i will let the Sheihk explain. as we are not permitted to speak without knowledge

Allaah Has Named us Muslims, So Why Ascribe Ourselves to the Salaf

This doubt was very beatifully answered by Imaam al-Albaani in his discussion with someone on this subject, recorded on the cassette entitled, "I am Salafi", and here is a presentation of the vital parts of it:

Shaikh al-Albaani: "When it is said to you, that is your madhhab? what is your reply?"

Questioner: "A Muslim".

Shaikh al-Albaani: "This is not sufficient!".

Questioner: "Allaah has named us Muslims" and he recited the saying of Allaah Most High, "He is the one who has called you Muslims beforehand." (al-Hajj 22:78)

Shaikh al-Albaani: "This would be a correct answer if we were in the very first times (of Islaam) before the sects had appeared and spread. But if we were to ask, now, any Muslim from any of these sects with which we differ o*!n account of aqeedah, his answer would not be any different to this word. All of them ?the Shi뭝te Rafidi, the Khaariji, the Nusayri Alawi ?would say, "I am a Muslim". Hence, this is not sufficient in these days."

Questioner: "In that case I say, I am a Muslim upon the Book and the Sunnah."

Shaikh al-Albaani: "This is not sufficient either".

Questioner: "Why?"

Shaikh al-Albaani: "Do you find any of those whom we have just mentioned by way of example saying, 멗 am a Muslim who is not upon the Book and the Sunnah?" Who is the o*!ne who says, 멗 am not upon the Book and the Sunnah?"

At this point the Shaikh then began to explain in detail the importance of being upon the Book and the Sunnah in light of the understanding of the Salaf us-Saalih?BR>
Questioner: "In that case I am a Muslim upon the Book and the Sunnah with the understanding of the Salaf us-Saalih".

Shaikh al-Albaani: "When a person asks you about your madhhab, is this what you will say to him?"

Questioner: "Yes".

Shaikh al-Albaani: "What is your view that we shorten this phrase in the language, since the best words are those that are few but indicated the desired intent, so we say, 멣alafi?" End of quotation.

Hence, the point is that naming with "Muslim" or "Sunni" is not enough, since everyone will claim that. And Imaam al-Albaani emphasised the importance of the truth being distinguished from the falsehood ?from the point of view of the basis of manhaj and aqidah, and that is taking from the Salaf us-Saalih, as opposed to the various sects and groups whose understandings are based upon those of their mentors and leaders and not that of the Salaf, fundamentally.
(if you would like the full lenghty version of this then i will post it)

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
[Q why can't this difinition be used for the word MUSLIM.

salam alaykum wr wb
coming to your point why cant this definition be used for the word muslim. i did not say following the salaf as salih is not under the term muslim...rather calling yourself a MUSLIM is not ENOUGH these days...if you want to know why i will let the Sheihk explain. as we are not permitted to speak without knowledge

Allaah Has Named us Muslims, So Why Ascribe Ourselves to the Salaf

This doubt was very beatifully answered by Imaam al-Albaani in his discussion with someone on this subject, recorded on the cassette entitled, "I am Salafi", and here is a presentation of the vital parts of it:

Shaikh al-Albaani: "When it is said to you, that is your madhhab? what is your reply?"

Questioner: "A Muslim".

Shaikh al-Albaani: "This is not sufficient!".

Questioner: "Allaah has named us Muslims" and he recited the saying of Allaah Most High, "He is the one who has called you Muslims beforehand." (al-Hajj 22:78)

Shaikh al-Albaani: "This would be a correct answer if we were in the very first times (of Islaam) before the sects had appeared and spread. But if we were to ask, now, any Muslim from any of these sects with which we differ o*!n account of aqeedah, his answer would not be any different to this word. All of them ?the Shi뭝te Rafidi, the Khaariji, the Nusayri Alawi ?would say, "I am a Muslim". Hence, this is not sufficient in these days."

Questioner: "In that case I say, I am a Muslim upon the Book and the Sunnah."

Shaikh al-Albaani: "This is not sufficient either".

Questioner: "Why?"

Shaikh al-Albaani: "Do you find any of those whom we have just mentioned by way of example saying, 멗 am a Muslim who is not upon the Book and the Sunnah?" Who is the o*!ne who says, 멗 am not upon the Book and the Sunnah?"

At this point the Shaikh then began to explain in detail the importance of being upon the Book and the Sunnah in light of the understanding of the Salaf us-Saalih?BR>
Questioner: "In that case I am a Muslim upon the Book and the Sunnah with the understanding of the Salaf us-Saalih".

Shaikh al-Albaani: "When a person asks you about your madhhab, is this what you will say to him?"

Questioner: "Yes".

Shaikh al-Albaani: "What is your view that we shorten this phrase in the language, since the best words are those that are few but indicated the desired intent, so we say, 멣alafi?" End of quotation.

Hence, the point is that naming with "Muslim" or "Sunni" is not enough, since everyone will claim that. And Imaam al-Albaani emphasised the importance of the truth being distinguished from the falsehood ?from the point of view of the basis of manhaj and aqidah, and that is taking from the Salaf us-Saalih, as opposed to the various sects and groups whose understandings are based upon those of their mentors and leaders and not that of the Salaf, fundamentally.
(if you would like the full lenghty version of this then i will post it)

:salam2: Sister,

I am sorry that this thread took the direction it never intended. I, who is nothing, concluded from two of your posts that,
and
i did not say following the salaf as salih is not under the term muslim...rather calling yourself a MUSLIM is not ENOUGH these days
I respect the noble Shaikh, may Allah grant him the highest degree in Jannah but since he is no more and I can not ask him so I am asking you what will you or I call myself when there will be division within the "Salafis" ?

Another question based on your last post.
When was it enough after the Prophet [May Allah's peace be upon him] or say after the Khilafah of Uthman (R.A.) to call a muslim just a Muslim ?

My first post was never about the Madhab issue and I am sorry if talking about uniting the Ummah and its scholars make you feel so bad that you flooded me with Fatwas.

P.S. You could have answered me here on the same thread about the Shaikh issue as well.

JazakiAllah sister,
Your brother in Islam :)

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
JazakAllah khair brother,

I accept the fault was mine that I started something that became a division between us. Anyways you told me a lot about Mahdi, I wish you would have first read this Fatwa from same website that I am going to post here.
thanks for sharing the video with us all brother,really a great video.....this is why i really love brother humblewun's quote......"everyone thinks about changing the world,no one thinks about changing one's self".....we should all change ourselves before we try and change others if we dont we will just get into more arguements and divisions......lets all make dua, have patience and await for imam Mahdi's arrival,it is said that he will arrive when the muslims are in desperate need of a leader.....i tell this to myself before anyone else
http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=43840&ln=eng&txt=imam mahdi
http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ln=eng&QR=1252
http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ln=eng&QR=10301

The ahaadeeth about the Mahdi and the descent of ‘Eesa (peace be upon him) are not a reason to stop striving

I request you my dear brother to read it fully.

May Allah forgive me but I never intended any thing bad from it.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
lol

This thread is a sad one :(

...well the Prophet Muhammad :saw: called himself a Muslim, the Sahabah called themselves Muslims.

*shrug* I'm a Muslim :hijabi:

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
JazakAllah brother,
I am sorry, I made the same mistake that I blamed you of. I misunderstood you as if you were telling me that I was wrong in posting the video as I only wished that Muslims be united on Haqq.
I seek forgiveness from Allah and from all other memebers whom I have unintentionally hurted or have misunderstood.
thanks brother, i read it fully and i completely understand that....i think you misunderstood me but fault is mine :) i didn't say you should'nt call others to islam,or not strive hard and just wait for imam mehdi's arrival doing nothing, i just didn't include all that stuff because most members dont like to read "long" posts these days....my intentions was to make everyone understand that everyone wants to change the world but so few people want to change themselves so long post short....lets all become one like shiekh kahlid yasin said"let all the leaders sit down and settle thier disputes" and become that one strong ummah some of us are longing for...
i was trying to figure out what sister isra was saying but i still don't get what she posted........
sorry brother and forgive my faults

Muslimah-S

Seek The Almighty
...well the Prophet Muhammad :saw: called himself a Muslim, the Sahabah called themselves Muslims.

*shrug* I'm a Muslim :hijabi:

Asalamualikum, I agree with sister Isra, :mashallah:
Our Prophet :saw: was only a Muslim, not a wahabi, salafi etc.

Allah (subhana wa tala) in the Quran talks to us by calling us by saying “O you who believe! many times.
“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (The Cow 2.153 )”

So we should unite under the banner of :shahadah:.

*{It is not fit for a believer, man or woman, when Allah and His Messenger have decreed a matter, that they should have any option in their decision. And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger has indeed strayed in a clear deviation}* (Al-Ahzab 33:36).

*{And whoever obeys Allah and His Messenger will be admitted to Gardens under which rivers flow, to abide therein, and that will be the great success. And whosoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger, and transgresses His Limits, He will cast him into the Fire, to abide therein, and he shall have a disgraceful torment}* (An-Nisaa’ 4:13-14).

*{Say [O Muhammad]: “If you [truly] love Allah, follow me! Allah will then love you and forgive your sins.” And Allah is All-Forgiving, All-Merciful.}* (Aal `Imran 3:31)