Spending Time in Seclusion

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!
]Many of the pious predecessors would spend long periods of time in seclusion.

When one of them was asked:

“Do you not feel the bite of loneliness?”
He replied:

“How can I, when He has said that He is the companion of those who remember Him?”
[Aboo Nu'aym, 8/217]

Another said:

“How can one feel the bite of loneliness when he is with Allaah?”
Yet another said:

“Whoever feels the bite of loneliness when alone does so because of his lack of solace with his Lord.”
[Ibn Abee Ad-Dunyaa, Al-'Uzlah #49]

Yahyaa Ibn Mu’aadh would frequently seclude and isolate himself. His brother censured him saying:

“If you are a man amongst men, you need the company of men!”
So he replied:

“If you are a man amongst men, you are in need of Allaah!”
It was once asked of him:

“You have migrated from the people, with whom do you live?”
He replied:

“With the One for whose sake I migrated.”
[Extracted from "The Journey Of The Strangers", p. 96]

mabera

salam

:salam2:
My brother seclution is not encouraging in Islam, a single congregational salat (you observed in jama'ah) is better than years in seclution. Allah knows better.

your-sister

:salam2:
My brother seclution is not encouraging in Islam, a single congregational salat (you observed in jama'ah) is better than years in seclution. Allah knows better.

Brother, I believe this isn't about seclusion in terms of 'praying' but rather making 'ibaadah and getting closer to Allah azza wa jall.

sometime back(all the way back in grade school), i used to tell my sisters that my 'dream' in this life is to one day relocate to a place, like a remote area, in the middle of no-where, and the only thing I'd like to take with me would be a Mushaf.. I realized the hard-way that, that idea will stay as it is...a 'dream'.

But jazakAllahu khayr for sharing this, brother.:)

Salaam alaikum!