Spider man creating problems...

dawood_smriti

Asalaamalykum,

My sister and my friend today made plans to go to watch a movie(spider man III).
I told them tht i dnt want to go bcoz its not allowd in Islam.They were not very Happy abt it.
Wht do u people say.Was i right.Please help.

Wasalaam

Asaalamalikum brother,

Why isn't it allowed in Islam?

Although it is rated (PG-13), for sequences of intense action violence, here in the U.S., but at the same time you get to spend happy times with your family. It's your choice wether you want to go or not, but they have their own choice as well.

And Allah Knows Best

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said, "Religion is very easy and whoever overburdens himself in his religion will not be able to continue in that way. So you should not be extremists, but try to be near to perfection and receive the good tidings that you will be rewarded; and gain strength by worshipping in the mornings, the nights."

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
:salam2:

If im not mistaking but there isnt anything that says its haram. What is haram is watching movies that have nude in it or ETC...

Insha Allah if i get a chance, i might go watch it with my family myself!

dawood_smriti

Asalaamalykum

Jazakallah khair.

First of all i think every movie has sum nude or semi nude
scenes in it,which is a SIN to watch, and if we go for a movie
dont u think tht we r compelled to see non mahrem women
in such unislamic dresses.
Please feel free to answer...

(And wht is p.g13...never been to U.S. m an Indian)

Wasalaam.

muhammad.abdullah

My dear respected brothers and sisters, before you read the rest of my post, i must say that the following opinion is a personal one and i dont mean to pass any ruling, not that i am capable of anyway.

I am a male, if i go to watch 'spider man', i would most probably see spider man himself, a villain and a beautiful heroine. Now concentrate, this cute girl would not be in hijab, she would probably be wearing a skirt exposing a good part of her thighs and everything below it and God knows what else as well. For sure there will be a couple of kisses as well. I shouldn't be going in details but this is what really happens. I have been watching movies for ages till last couple of months that i quit, totally with the help of Allah.

If you are with your family i.e. brothers, sisters, dad and mom, what would you feel if something 'non-vegetarian' (you know what i mean and that includes kisses as well) goes on? If you are with your husband and you have a couple of extra pounds and not as boastfully beautiful as the heroine(its just makeup anyway) then what? You'l feel like humiliated. What if your husband is not as athletic as spider man, well ofcourse i dont mean he can spin the threads but the rest, then what? Remember, its PG 13 or U rated for them, according to their standards, not ours. Their fully young daughters wear bikkinis in front of their fathers for God's sake! Think about it.

This was your brother advising you on what he thinks about movies. Plz, Allah knows i didnt wana offend anyone.

:wasalam:

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!

My dear respected brothers and sisters, before you read the rest of my post, i must say that the following opinion is a personal one and i dont mean to pass any ruling, not that i am capable of anyway.

I am a male, if i go to watch 'spider man', i would most probably see spider man himself, a villain and a beautiful heroine. Now concentrate, this cute girl would not be in hijab, she would probably be wearing a skirt exposing a good part of her thighs and everything below it and God knows what else as well. For sure there will be a couple of kisses as well. I shouldn't be going in details but this is what really happens. I have been watching movies for ages till last couple of months that i quit, totally with the help of Allah.

If you are with your family i.e. brothers, sisters, dad and mom, what would you feel if something 'non-vegetarian' (you know what i mean and that includes kisses as well) goes on? If you are with your husband and you have a couple of extra pounds and not as boastfully beautiful as the heroine(its just makeup anyway) then what? You'l feel like humiliated. What if your husband is not as athletic as spider man, well ofcourse i dont mean he can spin the threads but the rest, then what? Remember, its PG 13 or U rated for them, according to their standards, not ours. Their fully young daughters wear bikkinis in front of their fathers for God's sake! Think about it.

This was your brother advising you on what he thinks about movies. Plz, Allah knows i didnt wana offend anyone.

:wasalam:

Im definetly not going anymore!!!

Thanx for the heads up,

Take Care

dawood_smriti

Asalamalykum.

Thanks brother muhammad.abdullah you really explained in the best possible way. and I believe tht nobody would be offended with it.

And Albint_Almuslima thats wht we call a muslim.(One who restrains himself/herself).:mashallah:

Wasalaam.

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
Asalamalykum.

And Albint_Almuslima thats wht we call a muslim.(One who restrains himself/herself).:mashallah:

Wasalaam.

Well what can i do, its HARAM 4 me 2 go especially now that i know its forbidden. If i did not know thats different, but now i know so i have no reason 2 go!

Once a person knows he is not supposed to do something, than he shouldnt do it!!

Take Care,

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
My friends at school went to go see the movie yesterday (Friday) and it was also on today (Saturday) at the theature.

The reason it's haraam is because they show girls in tights and boys and girls kissing, and stuff like that.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
And PG 13?! That's worst then watching Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets! (Okay it's not that bad ;)) But PG 13 means that they have cursing, graphic violence, and nudeness and kissing.

And movies like Harry Potter 3 and up (Like the Prisoner of Azkaban or Goblet of Fire), or Eragon IS BAD. :agryblue: They show hand holding and kissing and tight clothes on girls so it's dead Haraam.

Wa Salam.

apocalypse77

well u can close ur eyes when the RA part of the show comes...if ure still dying to catch the show btw..otherwise, im not even a fan of spiderman ..im more of harry potter person

TheKnowledgeSeeker

A Believer In Heart
Assalamu alaykum,

I personal don't prefer going to the movies cos i believe it is wast of money and I agree with the brother movie theatures aren't the best places for any muslim person to go unless you don't may seeing the things the brother describes. I prefer to wait untill i can rent it myself. Hey it is not haram not that i know of so do what you want and that is good for you.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
^ IT IS HARAAM C'mon sis haven't you listened to what all of us are saying?! Listen to the details before you decide! :mad:

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
U means universaly viewable regardless of age.
PG 13 means parental guidance advised.
15 means 15 and above(usually has quite a lot nudity and rest except open se*)
18 means 'everything goes', nudity, se*, scenes of ruthless killing
R means restricted. God knows what hell they unleash in this one.

WATCH THIS IF YOU WANT TO SEE A MOVIE, BELIEVE ME YOU WILL LOVE IT.

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=7223767061142797123&q=omer+mokhtar
I like that movie! :SMILY149: Best choice. I borrowed it from my friend at school.

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic

Just a reminder about cinemas in general:

No Muslim can doubt that the cinema that exists nowadays is a house of sin, which spreads images of that which Allaah has forbidden, pictures of women who are clothed yet naked, walking with an enticing gait. Indeed in many cases it propagates and promotes sinful sexual relationships between men and women. This is in addition to the music and songs, and the films of crimes that corrupt society. It is haraam to spread and propagate each of these things, so how about if they are combined?

The point is that whatever is like that, it is undoubtedly haraam and any money that comes from it is also haraam. Whoever says that the money earned from the cinema is halaal should examine the situation of contemporary cinema, so that he may realize the error of what he is saying.

People should beware of allowing that which Allaah has forbidden. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And say not concerning that which your tongues put forth falsely: ‘This is lawful and this is forbidden,’ so as to invent lies against Allaah. Verily, those who invent lies against Allaah will never prosper.

A passing brief enjoyment (will be theirs), but they will have a painful torment”

[al-Nahl 16:116-117]

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Astagfirullah-The Message Made by Muhammad Akkad

:astag: :astag: Astagfirullah I don't think what I just saw was true-In the clip below, there's this long haired guy who's supposed to be the actor for Muhammad (SAW).

[yt]k9_FV7TDWPg[/yt]

I wish that Muslim money makers and cartoonists like Muhammad Akkad and Kindsmedia to stop making actors or pictures of the Nabis or Rasoolullah (SAW).

Below is KidsMedia's cartoon about Nuh (AS). :astag:

The Ark

And below is the KidsMedia commercial for a cartoon about Musa and Harun (AS). :astag:

Movie (Musa nad Muhammad)

muhammad.abdullah

:astag: :astag: Astagfirullah I don't think what I just saw was true-In the clip below, there's this long haired guy who's supposed to be the actor for Muhammad (SAW).

[yt]k9_FV7TDWPg[/yt]

I wish that Muslim money makers and cartoonists like Muhammad Akkad and Kindsmedia to stop making actors or pictures of the Nabis or Rasoolullah (SAW).

Below is KidsMedia's cartoon about Nuh (AS). :astag:

The Ark

And below is the KidsMedia commercial for a cartoon about Musa and Harun (AS). :astag:

Movie (Musa nad Muhammad)

Brother, no actor in this movie is acting for the role of Muhammad (SAW). You got to watch the movie from the begining to the end and there is this explicit screen right in the begining saying that no face or figure of the prophet(SAW) or the 4 closest sahabah has been shown.