Spider man creating problems...

dawood_smriti

Asalaamalykum

I am sorry brother Nihm, if u were hurt. I am sure tht nobody out here has such intentions.
Anyways dnt U feel tht if we see such movies or a women who isnt properly covered, our mind gets corrupted.
I heard Dr.Zakir Naik(President Islamic Research Foundation) Saying tht a man thinks of sex whenever he sees a bueatiful woman(exceptions are there) and thts rarely the case with women.Man may think of sex n number of times in a day and women may think of it once or twice...And I think thts the reason our religion says dnt stare at women,First look is urs, but the second is satanic.

May Allah lead all of us the right path.

Wasalaam.

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
Ok i understand to read not listen before i post but i will decided what i want.

:salam2:

I hope u did not get upset at Abdul Hasib. Im sure he was only joking around. He's the type that jokes alot! we are kind of used 2 him!LOL

Insha Allah when u get 2 know everyone u will know that alot of them like to mess around with others.

No hard feelings Insha Allah

Take Care,

Salam

kayleigh

muhammad.abdullah made a good point. But things like that - attractive, exposed women and athletic men - aren't just in the movies. They're everywhere. Unless you want to keep yourself locked in your house you're going to have to come in contact with such things.

HOWEVER, going to a movie with those things, paying to see it and willingly exposing yourself to it for 2 hours is a lot different than walking down the street to get to work or going to the grocery store. Plus, you're giving money to support stuff like that. Surely a movie like Spiderman is pretty "tame", but it's still technically haram (in my opinion).

If you want to spend time with your family watching movies, I'm sure there's plenty out there that would be more suitable. And there's plenty of other things you could do together.

So yes, brother, I think you made the right decision.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalamu Alykum,

I hate the cinema, Its simple as that. I have been asked to go to the cinema once or twice and i just have to reel out of it somehow. I think a blunt NO! would do it.

Wasalam

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....

I've watched so many films before, I won't lie to you about that, though I've only been to the cinema once before. It was with 2 friends a couple of years ago and even then we ended up watching Rugrats in Paris!!! It was actually the best option considering what they were screening at the time. Many times ppl invite u to the cinema for some reason or another but I usually find a way to wriggle out of it without upseting anyone. I'm usually pretty quiet anyway so no one realises whether I'm there or not;)

wasalam

revert_north

NEW MUSLIMA
:astag: :astag: Astagfirullah I don't think what I just saw was true-In the clip below, there's this long haired guy who's supposed to be the actor for Muhammad (SAW).

Brother, 'The Message' does not depict Muhammad in any way, shape or form. Muhammad is always "behind the camera", so we can not see him when other characters are talking to him.

And the director is Moustapha Akkad, not Muhammad Akkad :)

:wasalam:

justoneofmillion

assalamu aleikum,sis it is MUHAMMAD SALLA LLAHU ALEIHI WASSALAM not any muhammad dear sister please remember that:SMILY259: best regards

wassalam

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Brother, no actor in this movie is acting for the role of Muhammad (SAW). You got to watch the movie from the begining to the end and there is this explicit screen right in the begining saying that no face or figure of the prophet(SAW) or the 4 closest sahabah has been shown.

Brother, 'The Message' does not depict Muhammad in any way, shape or form. Muhammad is always "behind the camera", so we can not see him when other characters are talking to him.

And the director is Moustapha Akkad, not Muhammad Akkad :)

Really? Mashallah that's great! Yes! Jazakallah Kyr for clarifying that.

The clip just had a lot of details that made it seem like the long haired guy was our prophet.

Like Standing up on the steps. I didn't hear him say, "Muhammad has said, 'You don't worship what I worship-(When Reciting the Revelations)" and stuff.

And when the guy (it looked a lot like he was supposed to be Abu Jahl) pushed the guy of the steps, then the men in front grabbed him and said "come messenger of God."

And when the guys marched arm in arm, the guy with the stripe thing on his back just kept on walking.

And so next off we need to discuss Kids Media.

Wa Salam.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge

I hope u did not get upset at Abdul Hasib. Im sure he was only joking around. He's the type that jokes alot! we are kind of used 2 him!LOL

Insha Allah when u get 2 know everyone u will know that alot of them like to mess around with others.

No hard feelings Insha Allah

Take Care,

Salam
Or was I sister Albint Almuslimah?? :D

And sister Nihm, I hopew you didn't feel bad of my ubrupt comment, but I was reffering to what you said as "And it's not Haraam (Something like that)" and that's why I said in bold that it was haraam because it is.

And renting is kinda like buying. To understand if a movie is haraam or not before you spend your money and time seeing it, you can read the storyline of what the movie is based about and what characters it has.

So Spider Man has Mary Jane, and she's the same age as Peter, AND in highschool. Understand now?

I'll talk more later.

Noor to shine

If a muslem leave anything for the sake of Allah swt , InshaAllah he/she will be given something much better........AlhamduliAllah I have experienced this many times. Haram is Haram even if it is shown in the movie.:astag:

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
^ THat's right. The best Alamin (creation) is the one who forbids the wrong and stops an act when he finds out that it is not permitted. That's why Allah said that we (Humans and Mumin) are the best creations because we cannot see the Jinn, the Angels, The taste of Jahanam and Jannah, nor can we see Allah (SWA) but wee beleive in Allah and all these things, and even when we have desires, we have fear in Allah.

dawood_smriti

Asalaamalykum.

Jazakallah khair for all the replies I got lot to learn
Frm the posts and I am sure many other did."No Pains No gains"

Wasalaam.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalamu Alykum,

Your better off sticking to the Animated Series

Wasalam

Asalamu Alykum,

Your better off sticking to the Animated Series

Wasalam

Asalaamalikum,

Well, if you want to be literal, that can be considered haram too because drawing of human figures is haram and the cartoon women are not covered either, not to mention music in it and seeing commericials of revealing women. We can actually have a scroll of things.

I don't want to argue on this subject and I think alot of people are sensitive with the issue. I believe praying is much more important than this and as stated in the Quran each one of us will be recompesed accordingly. Strive your best to do good deeds. I will leave it at that.

And Allah Knows Best

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
Shaykh Al-Albaanee's fatwa

How are the believing men and women going to lower there gaze in the cinema, they might as well watch the floor whilst the movie goes on. And the cinema is pitch black, so they'll be staring at darkness, in which case they might as well go to sleep lol.

And all the music in the background, are you going to plug your ears everytime it comes on like you do when you want to watch the news?

This matter is clear, but I guess I agree with TheHumbleWun, some are sensitive about this.

EDIT: I decided to include the fatwa of Shaykh Al-Albaanee on the issue,

Question: What is the ruling on television today?

Answer: There is no doubt that television, today, is Haraam (forbidden). This is since television is like the radio and tape recorder – they are like all the other blessings that Allaah has bestowed upon His servants, as He has stated: "And if you were to count the blessings of Allaah, you would never be able to count them." [Surah An-Nahl: 18] Thus, hearing is a blessing and eyesight is a blessing, and so are the lips and the tongue. However, many of these blessings become trials upon their possessors because they do not use them in a way that Allaah loves and wants for them to be used.

Therefore, I consider the radio, television and the tape recorder to be from the blessings of Allaah, but when are they deemed as
blessings? When they are used to bring benefit to the ummah. Today, ninety-nine percent of what is on television is evil, licentious, immoral, forbidden, and so on, while one percent of it has some shows presented that are of benefit to some people. But the consideration is with regard to the majority (and not the minority). So when a true Muslim state exists that can place programs based on knowledge, which would be beneficial for the ummah, at that point I will not say that television is permissible, but rather I will say that it is obligatory. [Al-Asaalah, Issue #10]​

Was-salaam

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalamu Alykum,

Brother Thank You for that. I dont watch it now and never will Inshallah. Were brothers and sisters we dont argue. Anyway yes Pray, Reading & Listening to the Quran are worthwhile which i do more now, a lot more.

You might as well add playing on the Video Games in that category as well.

Alhamdulilah

Wasalam

Asalaamalikum,

Well, if you want to be literal, that can be considered haram too because drawing of human figures is haram and the cartoon women are not covered either, not to mention music in it and seeing commericials of revealing women. We can actually have a scroll of things.

I don't want to argue on this subject and I think alot of people are sensitive with the issue. I believe praying is much more important than this and as stated in the Quran each one of us will be recompesed accordingly. Strive your best to do good deeds. I will leave it at that.

And Allah Knows Best

Asalamu Alykum,

Brother Thank You for that. I dont watch it now and never will Inshallah. Were brothers and sisters we dont argue. Anyway yes Pray, Reading & Listening to the Quran are worthwhile which i do more now, a lot more.

You might as well add playing on the Video Games in that category as well.

Alhamdulilah

Wasalam

Your welcome, but I am not suggesting anything really. It's only between you and Allah. Everyone has some sort of bad habit/mistake and it can be sometimes real hard to overcome, but we should strive hard to fix those and over time some do and some don't and sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. I think sometimes it is necessary to keep up with the news and watch TV to see what is going on in the world, in your area, etc, but that is just my humble opinion.

I don't think all video games are haram either, there are some that actually provide a learning experience. It's almost like saying the internet is haram- you go through different web pages, see some bad language, violent pictures, obscene pop up pictures, spam email with bad language/pictures, etc. There are good and bad stuff on the internet. I believe people should live in moderation and know their own limit.

I can come up with many examples- let's say your professor was a provocative dressing female. Did you willingly pay money to see her or to learn? Each person is responsible for their own actions and alot of it has to do with intentions. That is one of the beauties of Islam, because everything is based on intentions and only Allah knows the state and condition of a person.

walaakum salaam

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalamu Alykum,

Alhamdulilah. Good example. You are correct about video games, for example i really liked Sport/Strategy games, like football manager. May seem boring but it actually improved me vocabulary in some ways and spelling. (Although spelling was mainly down to primary school :))

With the news i stick with BBC, online that is. Your also right about the bad habits, i have a few but Inshallah im slowly starting to get out of them. Inshallah. Dua is so unbelievably. Just need to stay constant on the good habits. Inshallah.

Alhamdulilah

Wasalam

Your welcome, but I am not suggesting anything really. It's only between you and Allah. Everyone has some sort of bad habit/mistake and it can be sometimes real hard to overcome, but we should strive hard to fix those and over time some do and some don't and sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. I think sometimes it is necessary to keep up with the news and watch TV to see what is going on in the world, in your area, etc, but that is just my humble opinion.

I don't think all video games are haram either, there are some that actually provide a learning experience. It's almost like saying the internet is haram- you go through different web pages, see some bad language, violent pictures, obscene pop up pictures, spam email with bad language/pictures, etc. There are good and bad stuff on the internet. I believe people should live in moderation and know their own limit.

I can come up with many examples- let's say your professor was a provocative dressing female. Did you willingly pay money to see her or to learn? Each person is responsible for their own actions and alot of it has to do with intentions. That is one of the beauties of Islam, because everything is based on intentions and only Allah knows the state and condition of a person.

walaakum salaam

zak3103

asalamualaikum

I just wanted to say in a book by shaykh maulana saleem dhorat on the influences of TV (including movies) he mentions the ayat from Sura Luqman ayah 6
AND AMONGST MEN ARE THOSE WHO PURCHASE THE TALES WHICH CAUSE NEGLECT, TO MISLEAD(MEN) FROM THE PATH OF ALLAH WITHOUT KNOWLEDGE
I THOUGHT I HAD TO MENTION THIS.

MyriamFatima

I feel that this is an excellent post... thank you so much, Muhammad Abdullah! I personally went and saw this movie and felt exactly as you described (about being jealous/self-hateful) after seeing Kirsten Dunst. Contrast that to when I see a Muslim family (I am not Muslim, myself), I see the beauty, simplicity, and grace of the ladies who are wearing hijab... and I have a longing towards that.

Some of the movie's sub-plots were okay, some were disturbing, but just enough "under the radar" so that it didn't really cause an uprising. For some of you who have seen Spider Man 3, do you remember Peter kissing the other girl? Remember him taking this girl out just to make Mary Jane jealous? Is that love? Remember the way that they were touching in the dance? Is that purity?

Do I think that this movie, on a scale of worst movies to best movies, tips the scale as fas as Hollywood goes? No. Do I think it's a movie we should all spend our hard earned money on, simply to propgate the Godless lifestyles of Holywood? Certainly not. Do you think watching this movie will be something we are proud of on the Day of Judgement? Only you can answer that...

~ Myriam ~

:tti_sister:

My dear respected brothers and sisters, before you read the rest of my post, i must say that the following opinion is a personal one and i dont mean to pass any ruling, not that i am capable of anyway.

I am a male, if i go to watch 'spider man', i would most probably see spider man himself, a villain and a beautiful heroine. Now concentrate, this cute girl would not be in hijab, she would probably be wearing a skirt exposing a good part of her thighs and everything below it and God knows what else as well. For sure there will be a couple of kisses as well. I shouldn't be going in details but this is what really happens. I have been watching movies for ages till last couple of months that i quit, totally with the help of Allah.

If you are with your family i.e. brothers, sisters, dad and mom, what would you feel if something 'non-vegetarian' (you know what i mean and that includes kisses as well) goes on? If you are with your husband and you have a couple of extra pounds and not as boastfully beautiful as the heroine(its just makeup anyway) then what? You'l feel like humiliated. What if your husband is not as athletic as spider man, well ofcourse i dont mean he can spin the threads but the rest, then what? Remember, its PG 13 or U rated for them, according to their standards, not ours. Their fully young daughters wear bikkinis in front of their fathers for God's sake! Think about it.

This was your brother advising you on what he thinks about movies. Plz, Allah knows i didnt wana offend anyone.