Splitting large video files

Zainudin Jaffar

Strive to be Mukmin
:salam2: bros and sis

can anyone teach me how to split large video files into smaller sections so I can upload to YuotubeIslam and share them, say 100 MB pieces? Any programs?

Anyway, please promote this site to all -- yuotubeislam.com---the site contains
vidoes on islam - lectures,dawah and a lot more

Please try

Wassalam

hellbraker

Are you using Windows XP or Vista?Have u tried Windows Movie Maker(which I think is included in both XP and Vista).You can use programes like Nero7 or Nero8.If u need further help please ask.
Thanks

Zainudin Jaffar

Strive to be Mukmin
:salam2:

Thanks hellbraker

I'm using vista home basic and i really do need your help please!!!!

put it down step by step and i'll give it a try inshallah

Thanks again

wassalam

p/s I have never open movie maker, it's there alright but never try it.

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Open Windows Movie Maker > click on Import Video > Once it has completely imported most probably you will see them cut into clips > Just drag them onto the timeline to connect them or cut them more by dragging either sides to shorten.

hellbraker

:salam2:

Thanks hellbraker

I'm using vista home basic and i really do need your help please!!!!

put it down step by step and i'll give it a try inshallah

Thanks again

wassalam

p/s I have never open movie maker, it's there alright but never try
it.

Its here,right from the makers itself:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/moviemaker/getstarted/clips.mspx
(This is for XP,but it is the same procedures for Vista,if you wish,you can skip my suggestion and simply visit their website shown below).Before doing anything,I suggest you to make a copy of the movie.Use The the Split Clip button to split the movie.Then delete or cut the part which you dont need,by right clicking it.After splitting you may wish to edit it,but if you dont want to edit,then use the "Publish to This Computer" option.Thats it!

More Info on WMM for Vista
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/help/ec3fff68-e53c-4168-ae74-8557325e57e21033.mspx