<<< Spreading the 'ILM >>>

samiha

---------
Staff member
>>> One Ayah / Hadeeth at a time! <<<​

So I haven't made a thread here in a long time, but I wanted to spice up my own "game" that I've been thinking of for a while. It goes like this:

We start off with one ayaah or one hadeeth which I will post below inshaAllaah.

After I give the Ayaah / Hadeeth - I will post a topic of my choice. The next member must then bring a Ayaah / Hadeeth with the topic that I posted. They can then go on to provide a small blurb about their post - either from tafseer, commentary, or just how it referred to them.

This gives them ONE point. Their final task is to then put the topic for the next person. The topics can range from general to specific, like to be about Mercy, Love, Compassion, or Bani Isra'eel, Hud, Musa etc...

Each Hadeeth or Ayaah needs a reference, and one person cannot post 2 times consecutively (in a row). However, each time you answer once, you get a point. And at the end of the week the member with the most points will be announced, and the game point reset inshaAllaah.

But the main goal of course is Spreading the 'ILM inshaAllaah! =)

samiha

---------
Staff member
:salam2:

Here goes!

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah :)saw:) said, "He who calls others to follow the Right Guidance will have a reward equal to the reward of those who follow him, without their reward being diminished in any respect on that account.''
[Muslim].

My comments: This hadeeth is something I think we should all remember. It shows us the importance of learning, teaching and imparting knowledge because if by it – ONE person gains something, learns something and ACTS on it, we will have the reward of their action, AND those who follow him subhanAllaah!! How glorious an action the spreading of knowledge… and this is what we’re doing here – so let’s get to it!

Samiha: 1 (point)

Next Topic: Love

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
LOVE!!

:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu!!

weeeeeeee sis samiha jazakallah khiarn for the game:D!!i'm all in all for the games:p

قُلْ إِن كُنتُمْ تُحِبُّونَ اللَّـهَ فَاتَّبِعُونِي يُحْبِبْكُمُ اللَّـهُ وَيَغْفِرْ لَكُمْ ذُنُوبَكُمْ ۗ وَاللَّـهُ غَفُورٌ رَّحِيمٌ

"If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, Merciful"(3(ale imran:31)

This Ayah indicates that the pious person should express his love to Allah by believing in His Prophet and following the Message, and through obeying the Prophet, abiding by his orders, leaving what he prohibits and obeying all what Allah has revealed to him, because that is the vivid expression of the practical love that fills his whole entity.

all this comes from another site:eek:i'm not this knowledgeable!!!

okay next topic

nature:p(i loveeeeee nature:SMILY252:)

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
As-salamu 'Aleykum

okeeey, so sis samiha, i'm guessing your topic was knowledge??:)
Verry cool masha'allah!:biggrin::biggrin:

ok, here goes mine-

In varoius hadiths, it's stated that the two who love one another for the sake of Allah swt has been promised a high position in Jannah, and among them there's one hadith that describes the seven who our Rabb will provide shades when there's No shade But His;
"...a just leader; a youth who grows up worshipping Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta`ala); a man who is deeply attached to the masjid; two men who love one another for the sake of Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta`ala), meeting for His sake and parting for His sake; a man who is called by a beautiful woman and says, I fear Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta`ala)'; a man who gives charity in secret such that his left hand does not know what his right hand is doing; and a man who remembers Allah (subhanahu wa ta`ala) when he is alone and his eyes fill with tears." (Bukhari and Muslim)

Allah swt will also grant those who love each other for His sake a far Greater gift- That Is His pRecious lOVE, which we all know is verry hard to attain,
There's a hadith which is narrated by Abu Hurairah that The messenger of Allah swt says,
"A man went to visit a brother of his in another village. Allah (subhanahu wa ta`ala) sent an angel to wait for him on the road. When the man came along, the angel asked him, 'Where do you intend to go?' He said, 'I am going to visit a brother of mine who lives in this village.' The angel asked, 'Have you done him any favour (for which you are now seeking repayment)?' He said, 'No. I just love him for the sake of Allah (subhanahu wa ta`ala).' The angel told him, I am a messenger to you from Allah (subhanahu wa ta`ala), sent to tell you that He loves you as you love your brother for His sake."' (Muslim)

*Love For Allah's sake is really hard to find these days wallahi- But if we keep in mind that we'll have His in return, then That is what we should do, for this world is NothinG compared to Allah's pleasure!!:)

Next Topic:BackBiting:biggrin::biggrin:

@sis samiha, Hope I did ok:biggrin::biggrin:..sooo, am I suppose to give myself a poin??or yu'll do that part?:biggrin::biggrin:

wassalam!

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
BAcKBITING!!

As-salamu 'Aleykum

okeeey, so sis samiha, i'm guessing your topic was knowledge??:)
Verry cool masha'allah!:biggrin::biggrin:

ok, here goes mine-

In varoius hadiths, it's stated that the two who love one another for the sake of Allah swt has been promised a high position in Jannah, and among them there's one hadith that describes the seven who our Rabb will provide shades when there's No shade But His;
"...a just leader; a youth who grows up worshipping Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta`ala); a man who is deeply attached to the masjid; two men who love one another for the sake of Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta`ala), meeting for His sake and parting for His sake; a man who is called by a beautiful woman and says, I fear Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta`ala)'; a man who gives charity in secret such that his left hand does not know what his right hand is doing; and a man who remembers Allah (subhanahu wa ta`ala) when he is alone and his eyes fill with tears." (Bukhari and Muslim)

And those who Love one another for His sake and NoT for any worldly reasons such as greed, desire or intrests, Allah swt will give them a status and blessing in reward-
Mu'adh narrated that the Prophet (sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam) said: "Allah (subhanahu wa ta`ala) said: 'Those who love one another for My glory, will have minbars of light, and the Prophets and martyrs will wish that they had the same." [Reported by al-Tirmidhi, who said it is a
hasan sahih hadith]

Allah swt will also grant those who love each other for His sake a far Greater gift- That Is His pRecious lOVE, which we all know is verry hard to attain,
There's a hadith which is narrated by Abu Hurairah that The messenger of Allah swt says,
"A man went to visit a brother of his in another village. Allah (subhanahu wa ta`ala) sent an angel to wait for him on the road. When the man came along, the angel asked him, 'Where do you intend to go?' He said, 'I am going to visit a brother of mine who lives in this village.' The angel asked, 'Have you done him any favour (for which you are now seeking repayment)?' He said, 'No. I just love him for the sake of Allah (subhanahu wa ta`ala).' The angel told him, I am a messenger to you from Allah (subhanahu wa ta`ala), sent to tell you that He loves you as you love your brother for His sake."' (Muslim)

*Love For Allah's sake is really hard to find these days wallahi- But if we keep in mind that we'll have His in return, then That is what we should do, for this world is NothinG compared to Allah's pleasure!!:)

Next Topic:BackBiting:biggrin::biggrin:

@sis samiha, Hope I did ok:biggrin::biggrin:..sooo, am I suppose to give myself a poin??or yu'll do that part?:biggrin::biggrin:

wassalam!

sis it was sup[posed to be one hadith/ayah:D!!

okay i got this one then:)

surah alhumaza-ayah-1

وَيْلٌ لِّكُلِّ هُمَزَةٍ لُّمَزَةٍ

Woe to the slanderer(one who back bites)and the defamer.

next topic:NATURE!! so no harm done;)

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Assalamu'alaykum wa rahmatullaah,

On the topic of nature then, Surah Nahl Ayah 66

And verily! In the cattle, there is a lesson for you. We give you to drink of that which is in their bellies, from between excretions and blood, pure milk; palatable to the drinkers (Surah Nahl Ayah 66)

My comments: I pass by cows and other farm animals all the time on my travels, this ayah is particularly thought provoking in that, looking at a cow you can see filth/mud/dung and not much else, but subhanAllaah the milk is a true sign from the Creator and something to reflect upon. Also reminds me of the times I've tried to milk cows ..its certainly something to think about when the smell is bad and the surroundings are far from clean, yet the substance you get is 100% pure.

Can we please keep the use of smilies to a minimal as this will increase the readability of the thread and inshaAllaah result in maximum benefit aswell. Try not to make posts unless its actually participating in the game itself, if you feel the need to just 'lol' at someone, (which is perfectly understandable sometimes) then do it on their personal profile instead.

Next topic: Tawakkul

samiha

---------
Staff member
wa 'alaykum salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

إِن يَنصُرْكُمُ اللّهُ فَلاَ غَالِبَ لَكُمْ وَإِن يَخْذُلْكُمْ فَمَن ذَا الَّذِي يَنصُرُكُم مِّن بَعْدِهِ وَعَلَى اللّهِ فَلْيَتَوَكِّلِ الْمُؤْمِنُونَ

"If Allah helps you, none can overcome you; and if He forsakes you, who is there after Him that can help you? And in Allah (Alone) let believers put their trust (Tawakkul)." (Ali 'Imraan: 160)

My comments: So many times in this Dunya I feel really down and out of it, like as in, living in the societies we do, how are we to advance, what will people think, how will they react? Kind of like 'It's impossible!!' But then SubhanAllaah you go to the Qur'aan and come across ayaat like this, and it's such a boost to the Imaan. If you have Allaah on your side, you do things that please Him, submit to Him, it doesnt matter the amount of opposition then, it doesnt matter if the whole world is against you if Allaah is on your side. And if the whole world loves you and is in your favor but Allaah forsakes you, then all your efforts are futile because you have lost the most important ally. So we can't spend our time cowering in fear but have to trust in Allaah and do things our own way, as Muslims.

Samiha: 2

Next Topic: Heat

PS -- I removed some of the posts because it clears space and lets the game kind of work out =) BUT I need to remind all of you to keep points! I don't do that -- at the end of your posts keep the points, and by the end of the month we'll see who has the most inshaAllaah. It gives an air of competition =D but of course even participating once or twice will give you points in the Aakihrah so everyone should try it inshaAllaah

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
that's beautifyul ayah sister:)!!jazakallah khairan for it!!

“Verily you have [a promise from Us] that you will never be hungry therein nor naked. And you [will] suffer not from thirst therein nor from the sun’s heat.” [20:118-119]

inshallah we'll get to jannah and get protection from the heat of jahanum and the sun....it's kind of HOT here!!summers!!!

topic:water!!

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
As-salamu 'Aleykum!

Allah swt says,
14:32 “Allah is He Who created the heavens and the earth, and causeth water to descend from the sky, thereby producing fruits as food for you, and maketh the ships to be of service unto you, that they may run upon the sea at His command, and hath made of service unto you the rivers,"

*Water, Alhamdulillah for It, is A pleasant gift from The Mercifull one, And without it- May of us would be sooo weak from Thirst Subhanallah! So it's a gift we should treasure Instead of putting it to waste Insha'allah!

Next Topic:Patience

arzafar

“Surely, Allaah is with those who are As‑Saabiroon (the patient)”
[al-Anfaal 6:46]

In the Qur’aan, Allaah has guaranteed those who are patient that He will give them reward without measure.

Rafay: 01

next topic: charity

Kakorot

“O you who believe! Spend of that with which We have provided for you, before a Day comes when there will be no bargaining, nor friendship, nor intercession. And it is the disbelievers who are the Zaalimoon (wrongdoers)”
[al-Baqarah 2:254]

Giving charity saves a person from greed and from being selfish. It also benefits others. Allaah has promised the people who give charity for His sake and not for showing off an immense reward.

Next topic: honey

Channa: 1 point

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
As-salamu 'Aleykum!
^Honey?lol...I'm not a big fan of it tho.

The messenger of Allah swt said;
'Honey is a remedy for every illness and the Qur'an is a remedy for all illness of the mind, therefore I recommend to you both remedies, the Qur'an and honey.'(Bukhari)

*As the prophet said, Honey Is a healer of disease- It has cured lots of people throughout history masha'allah!

points; 3
Next Topic:Riba

Kakorot

:wasalam:

“Those who consume Ribaa will not stand (on the Day of Resurrection) except like the standing of a person beaten by Shaytaan (Satan) leading him to insanity. That is because they say: ‘Trading is only like Ribaa,’ whereas Allaah has permitted trading and forbidden Ribaa. So whosoever receives an admonition from his Lord and stops consuming Ribaa, shall not be punished for the past; his case is for Allaah (to judge); but whoever returns (to Ribaa), such are the dwellers of the Fire — they will abide therein”

[al-Baqarah 2:275]

Allaah has made riba forbidden and there is a reason for that. SubhanAllaah, just look at what is happening today with the recession. Today the Muslims live in challenging times where they cannot study or buy a house because they can't afford it, and because of this, they have been lead to take loans.

Next topic: wealth

Channa: 2 points

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
As-salamu 'Aleykum!

Narrated Ka’b bin ‘Iyad: Allah’s Messenger said, “Verily, there is a Fitnah (trial) for every nation and the trial for my nation (or Ummah) is wealth.” (At-Tirmidhi)

*We, Ummatu Muhammad's, Have a disease called 'wealth' na'udhubillah. Everyone IS chasing after money these days when the reality is, Unless Allah Allah swt grants it to you, You'll just be wasting your time running after Nothing Subhanallah. May Allah grant us pure intentios in everything we do, Insha'allah!

Next Topic; Jannah

IbnAhmad

Abu Said Al Khudri

The Prophet said, "When the people of Paradise will enter Paradise and the people of Hell will go to Hell, Allah will order those who have had faith equal to the weight of a grain of mustard seed to be taken out from Hell. So they will be taken out but (by then) they will be blackened (charred). Then they will be put in the river of Haya' (rain) or Hayat (life) (the Narrator is in doubt as to which is the right term), and they will revive like a grain that grows near the bank of a flood channel. Don't you see that it comes out yellow and twisted" Sahih Al Bukhari

Next Topic:
The Poor/Needy

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
As-salamu 'Aleykum!

Lol, sorry i posted b4 yu bro:biggrin::biggrin:

Allah swt says in the Qur'an-
Have you seen him who belies the rewards and punishments of the Hereafter? He it is who drives away the orphan and does not urge giving away the food of the poor. (107:1 - 3)

*As The Al-Mighty tells us, It's obligated upon us to feed the poor and not chase them away if we can afford it.

Next Topic:Salaat

samiha

---------
Staff member
wa 'alaykum salaam wa rahmatullah

Abu Hurairah reports that the Messenger of Allah said: "Those who raise their sight to the sky during the prayer should stop doing so or their sight may be taken away." This is related by Ahmad, Muslim, and an-Nasa'i.

My comment: SubhanAllaah these needs to be known and spread! Because it proper freaks me out when I see someone praying and I look at them and see them staring back! We have to remember to fix our eyes in the place of sujood and remind others as well inshaAllaah!

Samiha: 3

Next: Tests

IbnAhmad

Allah SWT tells us in the Quraan:

Al-Baqara (155)

And certainly, We shall test you with something of fear, hunger, loss of wealth, lives and fruits, but give glad tidings to As-Sâbirun (the patient)

Next: Kinship

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
As-salamu 'Aleykum!

The prophet saw said: "Whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day, let him maintain the bonds of kinship" [Bukhari]

*But these days, all we see is relatives drifting apart instead, when what we're suppose to do is have good family relations subhanallah! May Allah swt guide us All.Aameen

Next Topic;Jihad