Sri Lankan maid Rizana Nafeek beheaded in Saudi Arabia

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma
:bismillah1:
:salam2:

A quick question swirling in my head. If anybody could please answer me.

Example. Person "X" is charged with murder/actually killed Person "Y". What are the possible options that Person Y's family have? I mean like, Blood money, or forgiving or something. Because a few weeks back, I read an article saying a parent forgave her/his son's murderer if the murderer learnt the Quran completely? So seems like the family had an option.

Anybody could throw some light on it. Please
Peace. :)

Assalaam alaikum,

I guess the poor child's father was correct. He would rather send her to a foreign land than be married to the likes of someone like you. You are showing yourself.

Have the courage to speak to the father of the young girl and caller him a sinner. You talk large behind a screen. Write a letter and call him a sinner. Call all the parents of young girls that are exploited by the Arabs sinners. I will read your letter. Something tells me you can not.

You are not married. You do not have children. You probably still live with your mama. ----- Please!!!

Madam,
May you tell me why you have the habit of taking words out of context? Precisely what made you think that I called this specific man a sinner?

And yes, I do reside with my mother and I especially enjoy contributing to taking care of our home. Is that wrong? You suggest that sons should abandon their mothers? This is very western of you. If you have children, I pray that you would never kick them out of your home when they turn 18, like westerners do. Even an 18 year old still has a lot to learn. You are to guide them and help them extinguish from right and wrong. You simply don't just throw your sons and daughters into the wilderness and expect them to survive on their own. Let alone the chance of them mixing with the wrong crowd. naudhubillah!

The change in Saudi Arabia will be brutal, bloody and deadly as prophesied according to Authentic traditions of Prophet Muhammad :saw: and it is called the advent of Mahdi and the Saudi Government will send in the Army to crush it because they have all to lose.

Their last stand will be military intervention against the Muslims and they will lose.

How is it that an event that's so critical is not mentioned in the Qur'aan? Even the one-line Aya regarding Isa, as, descending is ambiguous.

A quick question swirling in my head. If anybody could please answer me.

Example. Person "X" is charged with murder/actually killed Person "Y". What are the possible options that Person Y's family have? I mean like, Blood money, or forgiving or something. Because a few weeks back, I read an article saying a parent forgave her/his son's murderer if the murderer learnt the Quran completely? So seems like the family had an option.

Anybody could throw some light on it. Please

Salam brother. In some Muslim countries, a murderer can be pardoned by victim's family and can be released from prison. Some families request a monetary compensation, and a very few do it just for the sake of Allaah. Allaah forgives those who forgive.

This is mostly true if the two parties were involved in a quarrel and one ended up dying. I'm assuming that was the situation with the brother who was challenged to memorize the Qur'aan. Now, if a man murdered in, let us say, a robbery attempt, then I believe that's more of a capital offense.

tic_tac_toe

The mother of Moses was inspired by Allaah. Allaah did not inspire SE Asian parents to ship their daughters away to slavery. Instead, Allaah tells us all to fight for our Haqq. Sri Lanka is not an intrinsically impoverished country. In fact it's GDP ranks 69, which makes its economy stronger than 127 other nations. Jahl'a (ignorance) is the root of the people's misfortune. Slick politicians are eating away their wealth, but instead of waking up and unite to fight those thieves to take back what's lawfully theirs, they resort to something less troublesome: send our daughters to slavery.

FYI : Sri Lanka has more wealth compared to Yemen (a country that shares a border with Saudi Arabia) but you don't see Yemeni housemaids in Saudi Arabia. Perhaps dignity comes to play?

You should not allow the facts to sink in your pool of racism. Evidently, you abhor Arabs. Our beloved Rasool, saaw, was an Arab.

Reality is: poverty is no excuse to stick a stamp on your daughter's head and mail her to be a slave. I would rather starve to death than have my child bow down to any man.

Indeed, but I do recall it was you who at one point didn't want people to challenge their "leaders." The Muslims who do wish to spread the resources simply cannot because you sent them home to "change themselves before they attempt to change their government" ....They will come back out in 40 years

:bismillah:

Let’s discuss your disparate and disjointed points one by one, sequentially.

The relationship between GDP and poverty is at best inverse meaning that if a country has a higher GDP the number of poor will be less but it doesn’t mean that since Sri Lanka has a higher GDP than Yemen it doesn’t have any poor, where did you get this idea from?

The case in point is one specific family and their poverty and their desperate attempts to escape it and the tragic events which led to a child’s death and Capital punishment on the perpetrator, what link does it have with the GDP difference between Sri Lanka & Yemen?

Our beloved Prophet Muhammad :saw: had a Foster mother by the name of Sayyida Halimah bint Abi Dhuayb so in effect this is what Rizana (Sri Lankan) was doing i.e. taking care of the baby, do you still want to stick to your absurd position of taking care of babies being undignified?

Prophet Muhammad :saw: was an Arab by ethnicity but Islam clearly teaches that Arabs, Non-Arabs, Blacks, Whites are equal and this was mentioned Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon Him) in his last sermon categorically. Qur’aan enforces also emphatically enforces this point that superiority is also based on good (righteous) deeds

[49:13] "O Mankind, We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know each other. Verily the most honored of you in the sight of God is he who is the most righteous of you"

Jews on the other hand believe in racial and ethnic superiority as mentioned in the Qur’aan:

[5:18] (Both) the Jews and the Christians say: "We are sons of Allah, and his beloved." Say: "Why then doth He punish you for your sins? Nay, ye are but men,- of the men he hath created: He forgiveth whom He pleaseth, and He punisheth whom He pleaseth: and to Allah belongeth the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and all that is between: and unto Him is the final goal (of all)"

So I must ask you as to which concept of superiority do you want to believe in? Islamic or Judaic?

The question which you and a few minority who are continuously avoiding is as follows:

Saudi Arabian Government denies Hajj visa permission to women without Mahram so why do they grant work visas to single women without Mahram? Rizana was granted entry into Saudi Arabia through a work visa and if the permission wasn’t granted it doesn’t matter how poor or desperate she would have been, she wouldn’t have been in Saudia.

:jazaak:

:wasalam:

Very much true. When I was in a session, this point was clearly mentioned. To be exact, I heard of the second opinion that during the Poverty/Starvation time, Umar(RA) had suspended it. JazakAllah Khair akhi for sharing this piece.

To my lovely brother, You have no idea what runs down there in Sri-Lanka. Don't go on stating the GDP, economy. It is way worse than what the statistics speak. Just out of curiosity, have you ever felt/had a situation where 10 people have lived in one small room? Where a 2 day meal seems like a dream? Gosh.! May Allah(SWT) have mercy on you akhi.

It's pretty easy to say unite and fight back. LOL! You make it seem like they have to play a video game.

Working for someone isn't slavery. Whether you are a garbage cleaner, house-maid, home-maker, IT-professional or any job. Work is work. A house-maid, a baby-sitter ain't slavery.

Perhaps, Dignity??

Think with a cool head akhi. :)

Spot on Sister. This is rigorously Authenticated Hadeeth agreed upon by Ahlus-Sunnah Wal-Jamaah:

“Ward off the legal punishments (hudud) due to doubts”.​

Islam-qa says:

...This statement indicates that the hadd punishment may not be applied to the accused if the evidence that is specified in sharee‘ah in order for the crime to be proven is not available. But there may be strong circumstantial evidence to prove the case against the accused. In this case the judge may punish the accused with a disciplinary punishment (ta‘zeer) as he sees fit. Then the accused (once he is proven guilty by circumstantial evidence) will not escape punishment...

No postmortem
No witnesses
No inquest
No motive

How in the world did they award the death penalty? Let Saudi Government share the evidence evidence against her:

Scenario 1: If the case is as watertight as they seem to think then they have nothing to worry about.

Scenario 2: If the case has holes and doubts then the death penalty has been wrongly awarded!

Scenario 3: Saudi Judicial system is a mutilated hybrid between Islamic Shariah and British Colonial (archaic) judicial laws badly executed and (criminally and inaptly) implemented.

Which one is it?

tic_tac_toe

I have said whatever I had to say on the subject I just want to add that although there is a lot of abuse towards workers in the Middle-East we mustn't use this opportunity to bash the Arabs or any other ethnicity because this is filth and against Islam.

This Arab vs Non-Arab tactics is precisely what the Non-Muslims use against us.

These abusers shouldn't be looked at as "Arabs" rather they should be looked at as "Non practicing Muslims" or "Muslims with deficiency in their Deen" and we have a lot of these amongst Arabs and Non-Arabs both!

xAllahKnowsBestx

Asalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh,

7) Lastly, my condolences to Sister xAllahknowsbestx who has felt the pain, the rest of us haven't. I understand where this comes from ukhti. You've got more than your gender and religion in common with her. My only advice to you (if you feel like taking it) would be; human right activist is a good goal to try to achieve. However, don't get your emotions overpower you and don't let the 'world' teach you Islam and humanity. A lot of what these activist fight for, contradicts with our deen. You for example may have to choose in future between Human Rights Groups' or Shari' view on stoning of adultress, cutting the hands of a thieve, and marriage of an "underage" (by modern definition) sister etc.

Wa 'alaykum assalam warahmatullahi wabarakahtuh

I agree. JazaakAllaahu khayr sis.

tic_tac_toe

Wa 'alaykum assalam warahmatullahi wabarakahtuh

I agree. JazaakAllaahu khayr sis.

Saudi Justice System in Action​

Conviction of drug trafficking in Saudia is punishable by death.

16th of January 2013: Pakistani beheaded after conviction for drug trafficking caught in Eastern District of Khobar
15th of January 2013: Egyptian Lawyer after conviction for drug trafficking during travel for Umrah awarded 5 years imprisonment and 300 lashes

The judge admitted being lenient to the Egyptian due to defendants "Good Morals"...

xAllahKnowsBestx

Saudi Justice System in Action​

Conviction of drug trafficking in Saudia is punishable by death.

16th of January 2013: Pakistani beheaded after conviction for drug trafficking caught in Eastern District of Khobar
15th of January 2013: Egyptian Lawyer after conviction for drug trafficking during travel for Umrah awarded 5 years imprisonment and 300 lashes

The judge admitted being lenient to the Egyptian due to defendants "Good Morals"...

Assalamu 'alaykum

Subhan'Allah :(

“O people! Your God is one and your forefather (Adam) is one. An Arab is not better than a non-Arab and a non-Arab is not better than an Arab, and a red person is not better than a black person and a black person is not better than a red person, except in piety.”

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

The court system in Saudi Arabia is the same as over here.

If you are Pakistani..off with your head.
If you are Egyptian five years in jail.
If your are Saudi..a couple of years in the slammer.

tic_tac_toe

Assalaam alaikum,

The court system in Saudi Arabia is the same as over here.

If you are Pakistani..off with your head.
If you are Egyptian five years in jail.
If your are Saudi..a couple of years in the slammer.

There are only two countries in the world which gained independence based on religious ideology, Pakistan & Israel. I am sure that you are aware of David Ben Gurion's speech as printed in the Jewish Chronicle,9 August 1967:

The world Zionist movement should not be neglectful of the dangers of Pakistan to it. And Pakistan now should be its first target, for this ideological State is a threat to our existence. And Pakistan, the whole of it, hates the Jews and loves the Arabs. “This lover of the Arabs is more dangerous to us than the Arabs themselves. For that matter, it is most essential for the world Zionism that it should now take immediate steps against Pakistan. “Whereas the inhabitants of the Indian peninsula are Hindus whose hearts have been full of hatred towards Muslims, therefore, India is the most important base for us to work there from against Pakistan. “It is essential that we exploit this base and strike and crush Pakistanis, enemies of Jews and Zionism, by all disguised and secret plans.

So are you surprised on how Pakistanees get treated by Non-Muslims?

There are only two countries in the world which gained independence based on religious ideology, Pakistan & Israel. I am sure that you are aware of David Ben Gurion's speech as printed in the Jewish Chronicle,9 August 1967:

So are you surprised on how Pakistanees get treated by Non-Muslims?

Other than the fact that Pakistan is the only muslim country that has the atom bomb, I personally believe that at one point in life, Pakistan was one of the few muslim countries that did not discriminate between Shia, Sunni, Sufi, etc. I'm assuming this based on my knowledge of many acquaintances who have Shia and Sunni parents.

But nonetheless, it does support the reason why Israel and hindu India have such strong ties.

Assalamu Aleykum brother. What do you mean by this?

Assalamu Aleykum brother. What do you mean by this?
W'alaikum asalam Akhi,

[Mention] when Allaah said, "O Jesus, indeed I will take you and raise you to Myself and purify you from those who disbelieve and make those who follow you [in submission to Allaah alone] superior to those who disbelieve until the Day of Resurrection. Then to Me is your return, and I will judge between you concerning that in which you used to differ. 3:55

Ambiguous as in, it is hard to make a conclusion based on the what is written in the Qur'aan. We all know that Isa, as, was not crucified. Allaah rose him. We can argue that since: "Every soul shall have a taste of death: and We test you by evil and by good by way of trial. to Us must ye return" 21:35., Isa, too must die somehow.

What I would like to know is will Isa descend and live the remainder of his years, or will his soul taste death just after the trumpet is blown? Do remember, that there will a moment when every creation tastes death, including angels.

Also, the idea of the Mahdi, does inspire me. But why does Allah talk about Gog and Magog and not the Mahdi ? Clearly,the Mahdi is more important to Muslims than Gog and Magog.

Umm Abdullah

Allah says in The Qur'an: وَإِنَّهُ لَعِلْمٌ لِلسَّاعَةِ فَلَا تَمْتَرُنَّ بِهَا وَاتَّبِعُونِ. هَٰذَا صِرَاطٌ مُسْتَقِيمٌ
Sahih International:
And indeed, Jesus will be [a sign for] knowledge of the Hour, so be not in doubt of it, and follow Me. This is a straight path. ( Zukhruf,61)

I personally think this ayah is very clear. Also, if you go and look in the tafsir of Tabari or Ibn Kathir it is very straight forward.
You asked: "But why does Allah talk about Gog and Magog and not the Mahdi ? Brother, I can only say that Allah does what He wants, and I don't think it is befitting for a muslim to ask these kind of questions.
Besides the story of Mahdi is mentioned in many ahadith. The sunnah is our second source in Islam, and authenticated ahaadith are also wahyi from Allah: Nor does he speak from [his own] inclination. It is not but a revelation revealed ( surah Najm ayah 3-4)
If i have made any mistakes please correct me (I'm also learning). Btw I'm a sister.

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma
But nonetheless, it does support the reason why Israel and hindu India have such strong ties.

AssalaamuAlaikum akhi.

It doesn't mean that Israel and India have strong ties. If there is one which I am not aware off, then I apologize. But, I guess what Brother Tic Tac Toe is trying to say is that, the Jews can use & increase the attrition between Muslims & Hindus to strengthen their base. The only thing Jews have to do is, add a little fuel to the existing fire between Muslims and Hindus and boooommmm!!!

Allah(SWT) knows the best.
Peace,

AssalaamuAlaikum akhi.

It doesn't mean that Israel and India have strong ties. If there is one which I am not aware off, then I apologize. But, I guess what Brother Tic Tac Toe is trying to say is that, the Jews can use & increase the attrition between Muslims & Hindus to strengthen their base. The only thing Jews have to do is, add a little fuel to the existing fire between Muslims and Hindus and boooommmm!!!

Allah(SWT) knows the best.
Peace,

W'alaikum asalaam w'rahmitallah,

Indeed, my good brother,there is a strong alliance. According to Wikipedia:
Indo-Israeli relations refers to the bilateral ties between the Republic of India and the State of Israel.
The two countries enjoy an extensive economic, military and strategic relationship.[1]
India is the largest customer of Israeli military equipment and Israel is the second-largest military partner of India after the Russian Federation. As of 2009, the military business between the two nations is worth around US$9 billion.[2] Military and strategic ties between the two nations extend to joint military training[3] and space technology.[4] India is Israel's largest defense market, accounting for almost fifty percent of Israeli sales.[5]
India is also the second-largest Asian economic partner of Israel.[6] In 2010, bilateral trade, excluding military sales, stood at US $4.7 billion.[7] In August 2012, India and Israel signed a $50 million academic research agreement.[8]Currently, the two nations are negotiating an extensive bilateral free trade pact, focusing on areas such as information technology, biotechnology and agriculture.[9]

If you ever visit a Jewish hospital in the US, you'll notice that the doctors and residents are predominantly Jewish and Indians (mostly Hindu and South Indian Christians).

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma
JazakAllah Khair for that piece of info dear brother. :)

I had a little knowledge about the military thing. But not of the other fields.

I guess the information you just shared fortifies the veracity of The Holy Quran that Jews and Polytheists will be against us. :subhanallah: AllahuAkbar. :)

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Salam alaykum

Aren´t you now quite far from original topic? What Hindu-Israeli relationships have to do with beheaded Sri Lankan maid in Saudi Arabia?

Discussions here would be much more easy to follow if you could discuss about one thing in time... or did Saudis executed this maid because of US military aid billions to Zionists?

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother

It is the unanimous opinion of Muslim Scholars that it is not permissible for Muslim women to travel without Mahram even for Hajj. Saudi Government requirements clearly state that Mahram is required and women won't be allowed to travel without Mahram.

How come Saudi Government grants work visas for thousands of maids (Muslim & Non-Muslim) to travel without Mahram and then reside for years on end?

Any evidence from Qur'aan and Sunnah on the matter?

:wasalam:

:jazaak:

I like this one.