Starbucks Halal

al-muslimah

:salam2:

Guys I'm so confused now! I'm up to the point that I don't believe anything I hear now. I was checking starbucks website then I came across "Rumor Response" and this is what I found.

Please check the link below:

http://news.starbucks.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=200

I have to to note that I never ate or drank anything thing from Starbucks since all I know about it that it supports Israel 100%. So now knowing that it shows the opposite makes a person not trusting in anything. what do you guys think?

:wasalam:

P.s: The title of the thread is only to catch attention not that its really halal since I'm not sure.

ShyHijabi

I had researched this a long time ago and was trying to tell my Muslim brothers and sisters that it was all a rumor. I was so frustrated because a chain letter is believed more than serious research.

It's jsut like that chain letter about PizzaHut, KFC and whoever sending money to denmark to balance the budget from boycotts. Which if anyone understood a small part of bussiness would know that NO bussiness gives a hoot about other countries, profit is bottom line.

So instead of us blindly forwarding emails without checking, how about we stop being lazy and research it first? That would make us look educated and not like some mindless follower.

kayleigh

When I researched it I even came across Middle Eastern news websites claiming that the Starbucks-Israeli connection was all rumors. Some websites claim you can find some Israeli award given to the CEO on the Starbucks website but I have never been able to find it myself. Lastly, it would be impossible for any corporation or company to support Israel 100%. If that were the case, no one would be making any money.

If the CEO really does support Israel then that is not my concern. You could find a Zionist connected to every single company in the world if you really looked hard enough.

What is actually troublesome about Starbucks, which Muslims generally seem to not care about, is that they don't engage in fair trade practices. at least, they didn't as of a few years ago. I don't keep up with Starbucks news to know if they've changed their ways.

rightpath_357

Lol- wat I think is this. Muslims SHOULD boycott anything that they are sucpucious of- researching it of course, then if the company/store IS supporting Isreal, since Muslims are most of the population, they will loose a HUGE amount of business.... and they know that they will get kurupt if it goes on- so they will stop giving their money to Israel- hopefully:(

sabreena

Muslims currently hold a bad reputation for being violent, placard holding, boycotting, and just generally non negotiable people.
If we really want to break away from such stereotypes and labelling, then simply stop conforming to it. Attending protests, and boycotting products will not help the global ummah in any way. What happened to the old fashioned charity giving and volunteer work?
I agree with Shk. Yasir Qadhi concerning this matter:

Yasir Qadhi
December 7, 2009 • 8:28 am

Salam

I have been speaking along similar lines for many years now. The concept of boycotting is a psychological placebo that has absolutely no impact whatsoever (if anything, it probably does more media damage to our image than economic harm to any company).

If you wish to boycott Starbucks or McDonald’s, by all means do so. It’s probably better for your wallet and your health that you do! That’s your choice. But realize that it won’t help your Muslim brothers and sisters anywhere in the world.

Giving up your vente skim mocha latte won’t affect the state of the Ummah. Let’s try something else.

Yasir

U.Y.K

I heard from my brother that his friend or something (not sure) saw the alcohol thing at starbucks and they add it to coffee =).. I'm not really sure though just saying.. washing you're minds lol! :D

RandyJackson

I have nothing against Starbucks, but why buy a $3 cup of coffee when it costs me less than 10 cents to make at home? I'm sure the Quran wants us to spend wisely (Hopefully brother Ayman will back me up on this)

Unless if Starbucks starts a charity fund for the children of Palestine, then me buying that $3 cup of coffee will be worth it, because in that case it'll include a zikaat.

rightpath_357

Muslims currently hold a bad reputation for being violent, placard holding, boycotting, and just generally non negotiable people.
If we really want to break away from such stereotypes and labelling, then simply stop conforming to it. Attending protests, and boycotting products will not help the global ummah in any way. What happened to the old fashioned charity giving and volunteer work?
I agree with Shk. Yasir Qadhi concerning this matter:

Yasir Qadhi
December 7, 2009 • 8:28 am

Salam

I have been speaking along similar lines for many years now. The concept of boycotting is a psychological placebo that has absolutely no impact whatsoever (if anything, it probably does more media damage to our image than economic harm to any company).

If you wish to boycott Starbucks or McDonald’s, by all means do so. It’s probably better for your wallet and your health that you do! That’s your choice. But realize that it won’t help your Muslim brothers and sisters anywhere in the world.

Giving up your vente skim mocha latte won’t affect the state of the Ummah. Let’s try something else.

Yasir

:D TRUE!!!!!!:D

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous
Wow. I have to admit I stop drinking starbucks for a minute and even McDonalds. well thanks for the post